IST San Angelo

Mark Rand

Re: IST San Angelo

Onward, to Santini Air and Airwolf.

Besides the crew of Santini Air, only Micharl Coldsmith-Briggs !!!, aka Archangel, Marella Duval, M.D., his second in command, and Jason Locke know that there are two identical helicopters known as Airwolf, or The Lady.

Airwolf 1, crewed by Stringfellow Hawke, Catlin O'Shannessy, and Dominic Santini, currently lairs in a cave hear Stringfellow Hawke's Eagle Lake cabin. During her construction, a ship-spirit was bonded to her computer, creating a sentient and psi-active AI that answers to the name Angel. When she chooses to project her spirit-form, anyone sensitive to such things will see a winged white wolf.

Airwolf 2, currently crewed by St. John Hawke, Major Mike Rivers, and Jo Santini, lairs in Airwolf 1's old lair in the Valley of the Gods.

The Eagle Lake cabin, near the town of Cold Creek and Van Nuys Airport, is a frequent retreat for everyone associated with either helicopter.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The embassy's intelligence field agent, who sometimes accompanies the team, is Christine Hunter.

She was a stage actress in college before joining the CIA. After a disgruntled ex-CIA official told Congress, in 1999, about the section she was in, the agency was forced to cut it loose. Liking her work, she signed on with the U.N. and has been an asset to them since then.

Besides being a talented actress Christine is a capable combatant, a skilled seductress and a highly effective cat burglar.

Christine is a blue-eyed blonde with an athletic build who always wears gloves. In her file is the following statement. "During my senior year in college I was cast as a fashionably-dressed woman in a play set in 1902 Boston. Since women wore gloves all the time back then, I had to learn how to do everything with gloves on. My mother, who was a fashion model before becoming a hair stylist and opening her own salon, taught me the basics and I decided to keep them on and practice. After the lay ended, I discovered that I loved wearing gloves and, since then, I've worn them all the time."

Time to meet Spirit Cat and the team's nurses.

Midori Nakamura, R.N., is the embassy's head nurse. She was born in Chicago in 1953 and received her B.S.N. and R.N. in 1975 and became the live-in nurse at her sister's gymnastics school. Since she spent much of her professional life in white uniforms, she was reluctant to start wearing scrubs. When she did, she chose white ones.

Fraternal twins Keiko and Mariko Nakamura, Midori's daughters, are the other two nurses. They were born in 1978 and went to the same school their mother did and got their nursing degrees in 2000. Like their mother, they wear white scrubs.

Spirit Cat, April Curtis, the brown-haired daughter of a wealthy Chicago family, was born the same year the twins were. When her parents noted how much energy she had, they decided that she should be a gymnast and enrolled her in the school Midori worked at. Midori agreed to act as April's guardian and the three girls quickly became friends.

After April and her coach's daughter, Kimiko, became blood sisters, April started learning ninjitsu. An exceptional student, she quickly mastered the art and learned two mystical disiplins, the nine ways of cutting, which many ninja learn, and The Path of the Shadow's Companion, which gives the ninja mastery of shadows and darkness.

At age eighteen, just before she entered an electrical and electronics engineering program at college, April was inducted into the clan and, after being declaired worthy of special powers, given the power of longevity and an amulet that transforms her into Spirit Cat.

When given the amulet, April was told that it would transform her into a nude Japanese woman that she could costume as she wished. She chose a black ninja night suit.

Since then, she's added gloves with retractable claws, a utility belt with various weapons and tools, a ski mask under the original mask and, some special electronics gear that Christine also uses. Since she can use her powers to generate a sword, she doesn't carry one across her back. She does, however, carry a crossbow with trick bolts.

Although officially a member of the superhero team, she's been assigned to serve as the embassy electronics engineer and Christine's partner.

For fun, April races a Lamborghini Diablo in the Sports Car Club of America's Grand Touring Unlimited class and drives the pace car at area tracks. (Grand Touring Unlimited is a class that was created for the campaign.)

Warder, heiress Lisa Ward, the team's mage, is from Boston.

A dark-haired woman wearing a black and gold costume, she's always accompanied by her familiar, Midnight, a black cat.

When she came to San Angelo, Lisa bought a house in one of the wealthy neighborhoods and lives there with her housekeeper and her cat.

The nearby San Francisco Bay Area has had its share of mystical problems. Fortunaely, it also has mystical heroes. According to some reports, three guardian witches protect the city.

Team member Voltron wears a suit of body armor that resembles the lion=force Voltron from the television programs.

She's a novice heroine that was spotted fighting crime in the Denver area by a vacationing U.N. staffer.

Since she relies on brute strength instead of skill, April and other trainers are teaching her martial arts and the armed combat skills she needs. April's also trying to help her discover what her armor can do.

After the heroes were given a tour of their new embassy, Warder said, "It looks impressive, but we need more living quarters and a pool."

"How do you propose to get them in here?" Sir John Royal, the embassy administrator, asked.

"Magic," Warder replied. "There are many alternate Earths. On some, all life has died out. A group of higher beings, known as the Guardians, have taken buildings, vehicles and people from these worlds, killed off anything harmful to humanity and put them in pocket universes that they created."

"How hard is it to create such a gateway?" Sir John asked.

"Not very hard, if you have the right spell," Warder replied. "I do. I used it to create a portal in my house."

"We'll probably need permission from IST Command to have one created here," Kuntala Singh, the embassy's legal attache, said.

"You're right," Sir John said. "I'll check with them shortly." He paused, then said, "April, Christine, if they permit it, I want you two to look the pocket reality before anyone else goes through."

"Will do," Christine said.

"As you wish, Sir John," April said.

"Thank you," Sir John said before heading back to his office.

"How do you want to do this, Christine?" April asked.

"As if we were a pair of cat burglars," Christine replied.

"I should've known," April said as Keiko, who had been watching, softly meowed. "If we go, you might have to check us over before we leave."

"I know," the slender nurse, and one of April's clan-sisters, said as she left.

Guest Major Tom

Onward' date=' to Santini Air and [i']Airwolf.[/i]

Besides the crew of Santini Air, only Micharl Coldsmith-Briggs !!!, aka Archangel, Marella Duval, M.D., his second in command, and Jason Locke know that there are two identical helicopters known as Airwolf, or The Lady.

Airwolf 1, crewed by Stringfellow Hawke, Catlin O'Shannessy, and Dominic Santini, currently lairs in a cave hear Stringfellow Hawke's Eagle Lake cabin. During her construction, a ship-spirit was bonded to her computer, creating a sentient and psi-active AI that answers to the name Angel. When she chooses to project her spirit-form, anyone sensitive to such things will see a winged white wolf.

Airwolf 2, currently crewed by St. John Hawke, Major Mike Rivers, and Jo Santini, lairs in Airwolf 1's old lair in the Valley of the Gods.

The Eagle Lake cabin, near the town of Cold Creek and Van Nuys Airport, is a frequent retreat for everyone associated with either helicopter.

Not a bad treatment of the subject, but you might want to have both lairs

equipped with some sort of advanced camouflage to prevent detection, es-

pecially by supers with enhanced sensory abilities; if you recall the very first

episode of the USA Network treatment of Airwolf, Messrs. Locke and

Rivers managed to locate the Valley of the Gods lair by examining satellite

photos of the area (Airwolf's high-speed takeoffs from the lair once clear of

the mouth of the cave left jet-wash markings that were easily identifiable

as such by those who knew what to look for, like Rivers). In a world where

such beings exist, the need for improved concealment would be even greater

(just imagine the expressions on Hawke and Santini's faces if, after all the trouble

they went to to hide "the Lady" from the Feds, they were immediately con-

fronted by a mixed group of government agents and government-backed

supers just outside the lair: "Well, gentlemen, this was a pretty good place

to hide the 'copter, but once Sensor-Man picked up traces of spent aviation

fuel in a place where there shouldn't be any, it was only a matter of time

before we found your hiding place.").

Major Tom :bmk:

Shooting my typing fingers off once again

Not a bad treatment of the subject, but you might want to have both lairs

equipped with some sort of advanced camouflage to prevent detection, es-

pecially by supers with enhanced sensory abilities; if you recall the very first

episode of the USA Network treatment of Airwolf, Messrs. Locke and

Rivers managed to locate the Valley of the Gods lair by examining satellite

photos of the area (Airwolf's high-speed takeoffs from the lair once clear of

the mouth of the cave left jet-wash markings that were easily identifiable

as such by those who knew what to look for, like Rivers). In a world where

such beings exist, the need for improved concealment would be even greater

(just imagine the expressions on Hawke and Santini's if, after all the trouble

they went to to hide "the Lady" from the Feds, they were immediately con-

fronted by a mixed group of government agents and government-backed

supers just outside the lair: "Well, gentlemen, this was a pretty good place

to hide the 'copter, but once Sensor-Man picked up traces of spent aviation

fuel in a place where there shouldn't be any, it was only a matter of time

before we found your hiding place.").

Major Tom :bmk:

Shooting my typing fingers off once again

Good point.

Most of the domestic intelligence agencies get their orders from "The Committee", which is probably the National Security Council. To maintain deniability, they wanted Airwolf in private hands.

One agency, not under NSC control, possibly like the NID of the TV series Stargate SG-1, wanted control of it and was shut down, by force, one year after Santini Air took control of Airwolf.

I suspect that most of the NSC leaders knew where it was, but didn't make any attempt to locate it.

After the FIRM, discovered that the CIA knew where St. John Hawke was, they created a new, well-shielded, lair for Airwolf, moved her there, fixed the old one up, put a identical, from the outside, twin of her in it, and let matters take their own course.

The NSC thinks that the CIA has control of Airwolf and everyone lets them think that they do. The CIA probably did install shielding equipment in their lair.

One other thing about the Eagle Lake lair, it's close enough to Van Nuys Airport that jet fuel traces found their can be easily explained.

Guest Major Tom

Most of the domestic intelligence agencies get their orders from "The Committee"' date=' which is probably the National Security Council. To maintain deniability, they wanted [i']Airwolf[/i] in private hands.

One agency, not under NSC control, possibly like the NID of the TV series Stargate SG-1, wanted control of it and was shut down, by force, one year after Santini Air took control of Airwolf.

I suspect that most of the NSC leaders knew where it was, but didn't make any attempt to locate it.

After the FIRM, discovered that the CIA knew where St. John Hawke was, they created a new, well-shielded, lair for Airwolf, moved her there, fixed the old one up, put a identical, from the outside, twin of her in it, and let matters take their own course.

The NSC thinks that the CIA has control of Airwolf and everyone lets them think that they do. The CIA probably did install shielding equipment in their lair.

One other thing about the Eagle Lake lair, it's close enough to Van Nuys Airport that jet fuel traces found their can be easily explained.

Especially when you consider how often the Eagle Lake cabin/retreat was

visited by either folks in Santini Air 'copters or privately-owned 'copters --

or Archangel's private helo, for that matter.

Major Tom :sneaky:

Sir John Royal called Warder, April and Christine into his office. "I just heard from IST Command," he said. "Warder, you may proceed with your spell."

"Thank you, Sir John."

"You're welcome." Turning to his experts in sneaky stuff, he added, "Enjoy your tour of the new world, ladies."

"We will," Christine said. "April, we have plans to make."

"Let's make them," April said.

Four hours after she and April completed their plans for the evening, Christine stopped by the quarters April shared with Midori to drop some gear off, took one look at the white-uniformed head nurse and said, "Very nice."

"I decided to try an old uniform on," Midori said, her eyes sparkling behind her glasses, as she turned and let Christine see the white dress, partially-covered by the navy cardigan, white shoes and stockings and white cap pinned to her black hair. "Up until 1995, I dressed like this every day."

"It looks nice," Christine said.

"I always thought so, too," April, now looking and sounding Japanese, and wearing a leotard, said, coming from the bathroom.

"You look and sound different," Christine said, studying her partner's appearance.

"The first Spirit Cat appeared in Japan in 1730," April explained. "Before me, all were Japanese. If you looked at her unmasked, you saw a blending of all previous Spirit Cats. The next one will have some of me in her appearance."

"I see," Christine said. "Did it surprise you when you transformed the first time?"

"Nope," April replied.

"My sister, Akiko, who taught April ninjitsu and gymnastics, explained it to April before she agreed to present herself as a candidate for the powers."

"Oh. What happened to Akiko's daughter, Kimiko?"

"She's Shadow Dancer of IST Tokyo," April replied.

"Do all four of you know ninjitsu?" Christine asked.

"Only April does," Midori replied. "My daughters and I, not having what it takes to do ninjitsu, know only aikido and dirty infighting."

"That's still impressive," Christine said, passing April the gear bag. "I wear latex gloves under my black ones. Since I'm out of them, can you get April and me each a pair?"

"Since some people here are alergic to latex, everybody at this embassy uses nitrile gloves," Midori replied. "You can ask the head housekeeper for a box."

"I will. Thank you, Midori."

"You're welcome, Christine."

"April, let's meet in the gymnasium, in black, in 30-minutes. We need to go over a few things."

"Golved and masked, Christine?"

"Yep."

"I'll be there."

"Good," Christine said as she left.

"Need a hand," Midori asked.

"No, but you can tell me what you think when I finish dressing," April replied.

"Okey," Midori told the young woman she'd raised.

"What do you think?" April asked when she finished.

"You look like a cat burglar," Midori replied.

"Thank you," April told her clan-sister and honorary mother.

"You're welcome."

As Midoei started removing her white cap, April said, "Please leave it on. I like seeing you in uniform instead of scrubs."

"Why, Neko?" Midori asked, using the nickname Keiko had given April when they were both 4.

"Because it looks so elegant," April replied. Someone knocked on the door. "Come in."

"I brought a box of nitrile gloves for you," Christine said as she entered, looking like a cat burglar.

"I thought you'd be all in black," Midori said, noting the blue nitrile gloves Christine wore instread of her usual black ones.

"They're in my jacket pockets," Christine explained. "Once I've broken in, I pull my black gloves off and slip vinyl ones over the latex ones before drawing my pistol and knocking out and binding and gaffing my victims. I then pull the vinyl ones off and steal what I;m after, pulling the black ones on as I leave."

"I understand," April said, pulling her black gloves off, then grabbed a pair of nitirle gloves, pulling them on and pulling her black ones on over them. "Since you don't have traces of either gun powder or your victims DNA on your nitrile gloves, they won't contaminate the insides of your black ones."

"Right."

Suddenly, Sir John's voice came over the PA system, calling the heroes and senior staff, which included the medical team, to the Command Center. Once everyone was present, Sir John pointed to the large monitor and said, "President Collingsworth is about to address the world on a matter of international security."

The President was in, what he described, as the gate room of Stargate Command, inder Cheyenne Mountain. He talked about the history of the project, the threat from the Goa'uld System Lords, the current foe, Anubis, and their allies, the Tok'ra and the Asguard.

"Promotions are in order. Major General George Hammond, the base commander, is promoted to Lieutenant General and is now in charge of Home Planet Security. Dr. Elizabeth Weir will become the base commander until the war with Anubis has ended. Following that, Colonel Jack O'Neill, who is being promoted to Brigadier General, will assume command of this base. Major Samantha Carter, who is now a Lieutenant Colonel, will assume command of SG-1, Stargate Command's most experienced exploration team."

"You can't be serious!" roared Vice President Robert Kinsey. "This base must be put under command of the NID right now."

"The NID, or National Intelligence Department, has done nothing to stop their rogue elements, which have almost ruined our agreements with allied races throughout the galaxy," the President said. "It is being disbanded." He then turned to SG-1 and asked, General O'Neill, your team should have for members after you become the base commander. Do you know who that will be?"

"Yes, Mr. President," Jack replied. "Our new member is Lieutenant Jennifer Hailey."

As Jennifer joined SG-1, the Stargate began to spin. Sirens sounded, red lights flashed and a female voice with a slight Indian accent came over the PA system. "Incoming wormhole. Closing iris."

"Any ID?" General Hammond asked as the iris swished closed.

"None, yet," came the reply as the gate activated. "Receiving signals." A series of low tones sounded. "It's SG-2's iris code. Opening iris."

"Stargate Command, this is Sierra Gulf Two. Do you read? Over," came over the PA system.

"Sierra Gulf Two, this is Stargate Command. We read you. Iris code received and accepted. Iris is open. Over."

"Copy, Stargate Command. We are incoming with one injury. Bethany hurt her right ankle. She can walk, but it hurts doing so. Over."

"I'll get a medical team up here right away. Over."

THank you, Stargate Command. Sierra Gulf Two out."

"Stargate Command out." One moment later, everyone heard, "Medical team to the gateroom. Repeating. Medical team to the gateroom."

"We've had worse injuries on missions," Hammond said as SG-2 returned and Bethany was placed on the waiting stretcher..

"I see," the President said.

As they watched the report on the big monitor, Kuntala said, "The United Nations is going to have a field day with this."

"Probably," Sir John said. Turning, he said, "Midori, you've treated injured gymnasts. What do you think is wrong with her ankle?"

"It's not broken," she replied in a soft voice. "If it was, she couldn't stand on it, let alone walk.".

Everyone's attention returned to the screen when the President asked, "What ships do we currently have in orbit?"

"We have the Prometheus, an X-303- class battle cruiser, a group of X-302- class hyperspace fighters that have problems with their hyperdrives, a captured Gua'old super pyramid mothership named the Del Shakka Mel, which is Goa'uld for I Die Free, and a group of Goa'uld pyramid ships, Ba'al's Hammer, Ba'al's Wraith, Tara McClay, Manifest Destiny, Enerina's Wraith, an unnamed Tok'ra ship and an unnamed ship crewed by Jaffa that have rebelled from the system lords."

"I recall you telling me that Buffy Summers and some of her friends are now an SG team and that Ms. Summers is Enerina's host. I also understand that Ms. Summers is the Tarithna, or Hunter of Debased Ones."

"Correct, Mr. President. Enerina and her previous host were tortured by Anubis and she dispises him and the other system lords. The Tara McClay, her flagship, took several SG teams to rescue SG-10, after an earthquake measuring 8.5 on the Richter scale buried the stargate on the planet they were visiting. The Manifest Disteny and the Enerina's Wraith are scouting Anubis's fleet and picking off some of his ships."

to be continued

Some ideas taken from The Visionary series, by Chaos Eternus, in the BtVS crossover section of http://www.fanfiction.net.

"Incoming message from the Prometheus," came the woman at the controls announced.

"Transfer it to the monitors in here," General Hammond said.

"Yes, sir."

"Stargate Command, this is Prometheus. We have two ships emerging from hyperspace from Jupiter's orbit. One is a hat'ak. The other appears to be an Asguard ship. However, its larger than anyone I've seen. Over."

"If the hat'ak's one of Buffy's ships, we'll pick up its transponder soon. If it isn't, and it's a threat, the Asguard ship'll blow it to bits, if our other ships don't. Over."

"Understood, General. We'll know in 30-seconds. Over."

As they waited, the President said, "From what I've read, Lieutenant Colonel Carter is a Tok'ra host."

"Right," General Hammond said. "Her symbiote, Jolinar of Malkshur, is under a death sentence by the Goa'uld for various crimes. After talking with Thor, the Supreme Commander of the Asguard forces, Samantha, with Jolinar still inside her, underwent training as a Valkyie, which happens to be their equivlent of special forces. All Valkyrie are female and come from various races."

"I see," the President said.

"General Hommond, the hat'ak has been identified," came the voice of the Prometheus's captain. "It's the Tara McClary. She's hailing us. Over."

"Understood," General Hammond said. "Over."

A couple of quick notes. The Airwolf information is based on Vathara's stories at http://www.fanfiction.net and I'm going to use more naration and less conversation in this section because I want to move the story forward.

Onward.

The Tara McClat asked for, and received, permission to enter Earth orbit and launch its shuttles. The Asguard ship, the O'Neill-class battleship Daniel Jackson, also received and was granted permission to enter Earth orbit. Thor, who was commanding the Daniel Jackson then informed the Prometheus and Stargate Command that three more O'Neill-class ships. the Jack O'Neill, the Samantha Carter, and the Teal'c, were enroute.

The Manifest Destiny and the Enerina's Wraith showed up next and, after receiving permission, entered Earth orbit.

The alarms sounded and the iris closed. "Receiving Valkyrie iris code, from Cimmeria," came the announcement. "Opening Iris."

A group of human and Asguard warriors, led by Gairwyn, walked through the gate. "Thor asked us to come and join your fight," she said. "How could we refuse?"

"You couldn't," General Hammond replied before performing introductions.

"We are honored that you could come," the President said as Kinsey fumed.

"Thank you, Mr. President," Gairwyn said. "Earth, Midgard, as we call it, is our ancient homeworld. It's only proper that we help our brothers and sisters against the ettins."

"Not all ettins, or Goa'uld, are evil," General Hammond said. "The Tok'ra are the same species, but they behave in different ways and many Jaffa have rebelled against the system lords."

"Thor has told us this, too," Gairwyn said as a hat'ak, under the control of the Trust, who were associates of the rogue NID agents, arrived, with the Jack O'Neill, the Samantha Carter, and the Teal'c in pursuit. The Trust ship ordered the others to surrender. The President, Admiral Precy Fitzwallace, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and Admiral A. J. Chegwidden, the the Judge Advocate General of the United States armed forces, informed them that they were in violation of military and civilian laws and ordered the people in the Trust ship to surrender. They didn't. They fired at the Tar McClay and quickly became space dust.

"NO!" Kinsey bellowed just before slugging the President hard enough to bounce his head against a railing on the gate ramp.

"Trauma team to the gate room. Security to the gate room," came over the PA system as Dr. Weir went to the President's side and SG-1 and General Hammond knocked Kinsey into a nearby wall with the Secret Service one step behind.

"Thanks for the assist," Agent McGregor said as the President opened his eyes. "Dr. Weir, can we toss Kinsey into your stockade until the local authorities come for him?"

"I'll arrange it," Dr. Weir replied.

"Thank you." Turning to the Vice-President, she said, "Mr. Kinsey, you're under arrest for assault and battery. That charge will keep you in jail. Other charges will be added at your arraignment." She then read Kinsey his rights, informed him that his Secret Service protection was being withdrawn, and had base security toss him into a maximum security cell.

While this was going on, a trauma team arrived, checked the President, and took him to the infirmary. Agent McGregor and Dr. Weir followed as SG-1 and various base scientists tried to figure out where a race, known only as the Ancients, hid a weapon that could be used against Anubus.

At the White House, Communications Director Toby Ziegler stepped to the Press Room's podium. "Good afternoon," he said.

"Good afternoon," everyone replied.

"You know as much about the President's condition as I do. C.J. will be giving a briefing from Stargate Command as soon as she has any news. Carol is trying to find out all she can from the President's physicians and others are checking for reactions from The First Lady and The First Daughter. I'll take your questions, now."

"What do you think the reaction of the United Nations will be to the existance of Starrgate Command?" reporter Danny Concannon asked.

"I don't know," Toby replied. "I do know that a number of the nations on the Security Council know about the project and are contributing to it."

Toby, is Dr. Daniel Jackson the same man that had those wild theories about ancient gods?"

"Yes," Toby replied with a grin. "It looks like he was right."

"How do you think the academic world will react to this stargate?"

"I don't know. However, I assume they're still in shock." He paused as Carol entered with a note. "Excuse me a moment." He read it, then said, "The President's physician thinks that they'll do a skull series, evaluate the results, then do either an MRI or a CT scan. The First Lady was between patients when the President was knocked out. She was so shaken that another doctor will be doing the rest of the operations she'd planned to do today. The First Daughter was watching the speech with friends and was badly shaken up by Mr. Kinsey's actions. She may not be performing today."

"Will Mr. Kinsey be Impeached?"

"Probably. That depends on the House Judiciary Committee and what charges are brought against him when he's arraigned."

To be continued

A few notes. A bunch of spelling errors in my posts have been fixed. Midori, Mariko, and Keiko aren't the only nurses at the embassy. They're just the ones that live in.

As the press conference continued, Kuntala said, "Since some of the nations on the Security Council are involved with this program, they might not do anything against the United States. I wonder though if Lieutenant Colonel Carter will be considered a metahuman because of her symbiot."

"Good point," Sir John said. "What about Ms. Summers and her symbiot?"

"She's the senior Vampire Slayer and her Watcher, Rupert Giles, is president of the Waychers Council," Warder said. "The council will probably ask a few questions and decide what to do. Since they're so committed to protecting the world from non-human dangers, Stargate Command probably will get more recruits. They may be assigned to help protect Earth if Anubus tries to land."

"we'll probably get heroes from all over, and a few villans, wanting to help, too," Sir John said.

"Such as?" Voltron asked.

"La Chat Noir," Sir John replied. "Her activities as a cat burglar would be curtailed by Anubus and his thugs."

"Think she'd sign up?" Christine asked.

"I doubt it," Sir John replied. "However, she'd cause as much damage as she could."

"You're right," Christine admitted.

Back at the White House, Toby was handed another note. "That wraps it up here. C.J.'s about to come on from Stargate Command."

The briefing room was being used to house the press conference. "A few announcements first," C.J. said. "The President is alert and complaining of a slight headache. A skull series has been taken and the doctors believe he has a mild concussion. They are preparing for a Computerized Axial Tormography, or CAT, Scan.

"Captain Bethany Fields of the United States Air Force, SG-2's linguist, sprained her right ankle. Since SG-2 is an exploration team, not a front-line combat team, women are permitted on it. Since they're out in the field, it's policy that they are armed.

"Mr. Kinsey is awake and yelling at everyone, including the guards and the nurse that was sent make sure his skull wasn't shattered by being slamed into the wall.

"The people from Cimmeria are getting medical examinations and, so far, have been found to be in excelent health.

"I'll take questions now."