IST San Angelo

Mark Rand

Re: IST San Angelo

The IST has a training school for its superheroes. Here's a list of the skills learned, by the San Angelo team, in Hero-system terms.

AK: San Angelo

AK: United States

systems operation

KS: International History

10 points min in martial arts

fluent English

Tactics

Additionally, all heroes must spend at least eight hours a week in combat and physical training.

If you have HeroDesigner, you should make a package deal or prefab and post it. Just a thought.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have HeroDesigner' date=' you should make a package deal or prefab and post it. Just a thought.[/quote']

The list of skills could be part of a package deal, but not all of it. Here are other things that could be part of the IST package deal, from Midnight Angel's Hero-system character sheet. Midnight Angel created by Robert M. Schroeck, character sheet by Michael Surbrook.

perks

20 Contact: The United Nations (extreme useful skills and resources, access to major institutions, significant contacts, organizational) 14-

5 Fringe Benifit: International Police Powers

5 Fringe Benefit: International Super Team Rank

disadvantages

20 Social Limitation: Subject to Orders (VF, M)

Due to the internet and their appearences in the newspapers and and on television, people know who the members of the President's staff are. I am, therefore, introducing them to you. If they seem familiar, they shood. They're from The West Wing. I loke that program and, since they have such wonderful on-screen chemistry together, I've cast Martin Sheen and Stockard Channing as The President and First Lady.

Charles Young is the President's personal assistant.

Dolores Landingham is the President's secretary. Nancy is her Assistant.

Leo McGarry is the White House Chief Of Staff. Margaret is his assistant.

Josh Lyman is the Deputy Chief Of Staff. Donna Moss is his assistant.

C.J. Cregg is the Press Secretary. VCarol Fitzpatrick is her assistant.

Toby Ziegler is the White House Communications Director.

Either Bonnie or Ginger is his assistant. The other also works in the Communications Department.

Sam Seaborn is the Deputy Communications Director. Cathy is his assistant.

Admiral Percy Fitzwallace is the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

The IST has a training school for its superheroes. Here's a list of the skills learned, by the San Angelo team, in Hero-system terms.

AK: San Angelo

AK: United States

systems operation

KS: International History

10 points min in martial arts

fluent English

Tactics

Additionally, all heroes must spend at least eight hours a week in combat and physical training.

Thinking of this, what "roll" do they need to pass? Would an 8- mean they failed, or is that a "barely passed and won't remember when they need to" level? Does 11- mean they passed and really understand it?

I only ask these things because I just took my final in American Lit yesterday. Well, that, and I thought about "just what does '8-' mean?" (Outside of elementary math, that is.)

Thinking of this, what "roll" do they need to pass? Would an 8- mean they failed, or is that a "barely passed and won't remember when they need to" level? Does 11- mean they passed and really understand it?

I only ask these things because I just took my final in American Lit yesterday. Well, that, and I thought about "just what does '8-' mean?" (Outside of elementary math, that is.)

If they're in they campaign, we assume that they've passed the course. Most of the skills require only a basic familiarity (8-). The 10 points in martial arts is the basic training in it. Of course, a team member can have a higher skill level. One team member is a ninja who started learning when she was 6. She has over 50 points in martial arts and several combat skill levels.

If they're in they campaign' date=' we assume that they've passed the course. Most of the skills require only a basic familiarity (8-). The 10 points in martial arts is the basic training in it. Of course, a team member can have a higher skill level. One team member is a ninja who started learning when she was 6. She has over 50 points in martial arts and several combat skill levels.[/quote']

Cool. I never did think much (as in contemplate) about 8- skills, but your post with my tests brought it to mind. I like ninja background stories myself, if there's only one in the party. But that's me.

Cool. I never did think much (as in contemplate) about 8- skills' date=' but your post with my tests brought it to mind. I like ninja background stories myself, if there's only one in the party. But that's me.[/quote']

Thanks. Actually, there's two ninjas. They're sisters and have international renown as gymnasts.

One, Spirit Cat, is a ninja with over 50 points in combat skills alone, not counting CSLs, plus ninja magic

The second is her older sister. She has 30 points in combat skills, no CSLs, a masters in electronics engineering and handles the base's electronics systems. For fun, she races a Lamborghini Diablo, a gift from an uncle, in races sanctioned by the Sports Car Club of America and drives the pace car at various area tracks.

To top it off, their mother is one of the base's nurses.

Actually' date=' there's two ninjas. They're sisters and have international renown as gymnasts.[/quote']

:love: Ooh, gymnastic ninja sisters. :love:

:slap: Er, sorry about that.

Hmm, yes, I do like the sister connection. Rarely do you see a sibling our spousal super connection (at least in our heroes). :thumbup:

:love: Ooh, gymnastic ninja sisters. :love:

:slap: Er, sorry about that.

Hmm, yes, I do like the sister connection. Rarely do you see a sibling our spousal super connection (at least in our heroes). :thumbup:

Thanks.

As readers of previous posts will, hopefully, remember, Spirit Cat was originally a redhead. After deciding to ninja sisters, I made them Japanese-Americans. Keiko, Spirit Cat, and Mariko, the engineer, are both skilled fighters. However, Mariko prefers to work on equipment while Keiko fights crime.

Both are devoted to their mother, Kimiko, who became a nurse in the mid 1970s and was the nurse at the gymnastics school her daughters attended before coming, with them, to the IST.

The last name for Keiko, Mariko and Kimiko is Nakamura.

Ladies wear gloves with everything from evening gowns to jeans and tee shirts.

In the real world, nurses are beginning to, once again, wear white. Some hospitals are, in fact, requiring it because it identifys the nurses. In the game universe, they white uniforms and scrubs are turning up on many nurses all across the country and old-style nurses' caps are beginning to make a comeback. (Kimiko often wears her old University of Pittsburgh cap with her white scrubs.)

The Committee on Pernanent Peacekeeping Forces has always had a covert branch that operated special units. With the increase in organized crime and terrorism, IST embassies get assigned an intelligence analyst and a field intelligence agent. Both must come from a member nations' intelligence services and spend at least five yearsd working for the U.N., and pass a thorough background check before being assigned to an IST.

Sir John Royal, of the United Kingdom, is IST San Angelo's team administrator.

Two criminals showed up in my mind a few minutes ago.

The first is a woman that can an electromagnetic pulse, range touch, when she feels like doingh so.

The second is a man that can generate a field of unluck in whatever direction or at any person, group of people, or thing he wants to. He must also say, "I lay Murphy's curse on (who or whatever) and wish it/them evil. `Whatever can go wrong, will"'.

A few quick notes.

On the White House Staff: Ginger is Toby's assistant. Bonnie, is a Communications Department aide.

On the number of heroes in IST San Angelo: It has gone from 20 to 8. Paladin will go to another embassy. Spirit Cat is being completely rewritten.

More later.

Guest Major Tom

Hmmm... I take it that, whenever the "Ghost of the Coast" puts in one of its

(often spectacular) appearances, there's always some distiguished-looking

fellow who wears nothing but white suits, uses a cane for support, and has

only one eye who just happens to be in the immediate vicinity prior to

the appearances of said mystery helicopter ( :eg: )?

Makes you wonder if there isn't a sarcastic talking black car tooling around

somewhere in this universe doing 300 MPH ( :sneaky: )...

As for the crime-fighting kunoichis, I was beginning to think that this

was going to be a ninja girl-free universe.

Major Tom :D

Hmmm... I take it that, whenever the "Ghost of the Coast" puts in one of its

(often spectacular) appearances, there's always some distiguished-looking

fellow who wears nothing but white suits, uses a cane for support, and has

only one eye who just happens to be in the immediate vicinity prior to

the appearances of said mystery helicopter ( :eg: )?

Makes you wonder if there isn't a sarcastic talking black car tooling around

somewhere in this universe doing 300 MPH ( :sneaky: )...

As for the crime-fighting kunoichis, I was beginning to think that this

was going to be a ninja girl-free universe.

Major Tom :D

Yeah, that guy, or a white-clad lady, is often nearby. As far as the car goes, that hasn't been ruled out. Oh, before I forget, the version of the copter I'm using was created in 2000, not 1980.

Guest Major Tom

2000, eh? Given that both computer and weapons technology tend to improve

over time, that would make your version of "the lady" one very scary machine

indeed.

OK, you mentioned earlier that you weren't ruling out the existence of a cer-

tain black supercar, but what about other movie- and TV-derived vehicles?

To give a specific example, what about the Blue Thunder helicopter?

Does it exist in your campaign world as it was in the original movie (and later

series), or would it have been modified to be better able to cope with meta-

human threats?

Okay, considering that you've included elements from both old and new TV

series, I have to ask: do the Time Tunnel and Project Quantum Leap exist

in your campaign world?

Major Tom :cool:

OK, you mentioned earlier that you weren't ruling out the existence of a cer-

tain black supercar, but what about other movie- and TV-derived vehicles?

To give a specific example, what about the Blue Thunder helicopter?

Does it exist in your campaign world as it was in the original movie (and later

series), or would it have been modified to be better able to cope with meta-

human threats?

Considering that Blue Thunder was based off of the Apache helicopter, I'd say yes.

If you remember in the movie, at the beginng -maybe the end, but I think beginning- there was a notice saying the helicopter and technology did exist. That helicopter was the Apache, which was changed just slightly for military use. I *heard* that someone in charge of the movie (director, writer, producer, technical consultant someone like that) would only agree to do the film if that blurb was put in there.

Guest Major Tom

Considering that Blue Thunder was based off of the Apache helicopter, I'd say yes.

If you remember in the movie, at the beginng -maybe the end, but I think beginning- there was a notice saying the helicopter and technology did exist. That helicopter was the Apache, which was changed just slightly for military use. I *heard* that someone in charge of the movie (director, writer, producer, technical consultant someone like that) would only agree to do the film if that blurb was put in there.

The equipment and weapons package on Blue Thunder probably were

based on what was most likely a proposed version of the AH-64, but

the actual helicopter that was used in both the movie and series was

the French-made Aerospatialle Gazelle (IIRC, this same helicopter was

also used in the ABC miniseries Amerika. The exterior armament was,

for the most part, identical to that of Blue Thunder; only the paint job

and exterior markings were different).

Major Tom :bmk:

The equipment and weapons package on Blue Thunder probably were

based on what was most likely a proposed version of the AH-64, but

the actual helicopter that was used in both the movie and series was

the French-made Aerospatialle Gazelle (IIRC, this same helicopter was

also used in the ABC miniseries Amerika. The exterior armament was,

for the most part, identical to that of Blue Thunder; only the paint job

and exterior markings were different).

Major Tom :bmk:

I belive the helicopter was used in the short-lived NBC series The Highwayman.

Since the stuff I place is stuff the IST knows about, the United States government might be keeping secrets like Project Quantum Leap, Project Tic Toc (The Time Tunnel), or the Stargate Project from them.

Blue Thunder is a prototype Department of Justice project for fighting metahumans that's on loan to the LAPD.

FLAG still exists. Michael Knight and Reginald Cornelius III now head the foundation. Wilton Knight's daughter, Jennifer, who also is Reginald's wife, is chairman of the board and Michael's wife, Bonnie Barstow, is in charge of all technical matters. There are two cars, each with a 2002 TransAm body and a Knight Industries Three Thousand AI. Michael and Bonnie drive KITT when they go out on missions. Their new operative drives KATT, short for Knight Associates Three Thousand.

Guest Major Tom

I belive the helicopter was used in the short-lived NBC series The Highwayman.

I think you're right about it being the same model of helicopter, only without

the Blue Thunder modifications. I remember thinking back then that it

was rather neat how the 'copter was also the control cab for the truck. I also

remember thinking how much that lunatic Aussie (Jacko) grated on my nerves

when they had him on during the series run.

Since you've mentioned The Highwayman in this thread, does that mean

that that particular Justice Department operation exists in your campaign as

well (along with the weirder stuff that was in the show, such as the time warp

at Alamagordo that only went to 1945)?

Guest Major Tom

A quick stop in Las Vegas.

All Nevada Crime Scene Investigators are deputy sheriffs and must carry a department-approved firearm.

CSI Catherine Willows, the swing-shift supervisor at Clark County's crime lab, is a metahuman. She can become a Bengal tiger that has human intelligence. After a high-speed camera experiment, conducted by computer and video expert Archie Johnson, it was discovered that she has an in between form that resembles a humanoid tiger. Catherine, however, can't, yet, stop the change at that form.

Next, back to San Angelo.

Sounds like a pretty useful talent to have when the subject of a pay raise or

a promotion comes up:

"Now, about that promotion (SNIKTT)..."

Major Tom :winkgrin:

I think you're right about it being the same model of helicopter, only without

the Blue Thunder modifications. I remember thinking back then that it

was rather neat how the 'copter was also the control cab for the truck. I also

remember thinking how much that lunatic Aussie (Jacko) grated on my nerves

when they had him on during the series run.

Since you've mentioned The Highwayman in this thread, does that mean

that that particular Justice Department operation exists in your campaign as

well (along with the weirder stuff that was in the show, such as the time warp

at Alamagordo that only went to 1945)?

The Highwayman Program is still in effect. The main job of these U.S. Marshals is to combat crime of all kinds on the nation's highways. However, the weird stuff from the show won't show up.

Oh, according to the Internat Movie Databace, Jacko's full name is Mark "Jacko" Jackson and his character was known as Jetto.

Sounds like a pretty useful talent to have when the subject of a pay raise or

a promotion comes up:

"Now, about that promotion (SNIKTT)..."

Major Tom :winkgrin:

Catherine would never use her powers to force the department into giving her a raise or promotion. She knows that, if she did, she'd loose custody of her daughter and go to jail.

Guest Major Tom

Catherine would never use her powers to force the department into giving her a raise or promotion. She knows that' date=' if she did, she'd loose custody of her daughter and go to jail.[/quote']

To borrow one of Mr. F. Leghorn's quotes:

"That was a joke, son, a joke."

Major Tom :rolleyes: