Super-villain Character Handouts

bryanb

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had created handouts for their super-villains - the handouts something in the vein of a CIA/UNTIL/FBI dossier on the character?

I am thinking of doing something like this for Dr Destroyer but I was wondering (hoping?) if someone had already done something like this (for Dr D or any other villain). If not I will do it eventually and post.

Thanks

Daz

Re: Super-villain Character Handouts

I did that once. It was for one of my best games. The players really got into the game and the group leader made some contacts with SPARTAN (basically my SHIELD rip)They sent her a file of over 130 villians. It took me some time to come up with all the info but it was kind of cool. Nothing from Champions though. All were homegrown for the campaign world I created.

Guest Worldmaker

I did that once. It was for one of my best games. The players really got into the game and the group leader made some contacts with SPARTAN (basically my SHIELD rip)They sent her a file of over 130 villians. It took me some time to come up with all the info but it was kind of cool. Nothing from Champions though. All were homegrown for the campaign world I created.

What sort of information did you include?

The file would probably look a lot like the FBI's ten most wanted list (http://www.fbi.gov/mostwant/topten/fugitives/fugitives.htm).

There'd probably be a lot of conjecture on the physics/mechanics of how the villain's powers work and some stuff on known and/or theoretical weaknesses.

A lot of the usual stuff like profiling/M.O., info on living relatives/associates, known hangouts, etc.

I once gave a character their own file after they raided an UNTIL facility. I could do that SO much better now than I did then. But it was still cool to see a player cursing as they read UNTIL's analysis of them :D

But no actual villain handouts. Typically I like heroes to find out bout the villains through first hand experience :bmk:

I'm also writing small blurbs of general knowledge a character would know about a villain for my new campaign world. Sample examples:

Argo:

A master thief and escape artist, Argo uses his teleportation powers for nothing more than personal gain, and the occasional opportunity to humiliate a superhero or Government organization. Argo's has a strong sense of humor and delights in making practical jokes and luring his opponents and victims to him through clever ruses. Argo is a thief-for-hire but most of his crimes are committed for no other reason than to express his humor and keep him from becoming too bored with his daily existence.

Atun:

The King of the aquatic race of Atlanteans for the last 40 years, Atun, like is fathers before him, is a strong isolationist and he has ordered attacks against the surface world 5 times during his reign; two of those attacks were against the east coast of the United States, the last one being in 1999. Atun is a cold-blooded leader who has no regard for surface-dwellers. Atun's younger brother Marus has opposed his rule and has tried to make amends with the surface dwellers by becoming a superhero protector.

Interface:

A computer intellect which was accidentally created in 1997 by Microware while doing experiments to create artificial intelligence, Interface immediately became self-aware and dispersed itself into the internet before its creators could seal the system. Over the last 7 years Interface has used its powers of computer control to infiltrate almost every aspect of our daily lives. Interface's overall goals are unknown, but it is accumulating wealth and power around the world. Interface is very protective of its systems and is responsible for several programmer deaths.

Markath the Destroyer:

Long considered to be the "dark terror of the world" Markath is the most powerful practitioner of the dark arts alive today. There are many rumors surrounding Markath's origins, all of which are bathed in blood, which is what Markath has been trying to do to the earth ever since he was freed from his crystal prison by Nazi occultists in 1938. Markath's goal is to destroy all that is good and holy in the world and replace it with darkest bile. To this end Markath has made pacts with demons and devils and many law enforcement organizations hunt for his unholy alter of terror.

Omega:

Extremely powerful ruler of the Vega star system, Omega has set his sights on the conquest of the galaxy. Omega made his presence know to humanity in the winter of 2002 when his advanced scouts arrived on the Earth and began constructing a Star Gate, used to quickly move military troops and equipment between Vega and Earth, in the Nevada desert. The US Military was unable to stop the construction of the Star Gate but the noted scientist Anthony Questor was a able to erect a force field around the site and stop Omega's initial assault.

Psipreme:

A completely insane psionic who believes he is “God,†Psipreme enjoys toying with humans and has been responsible for many human atrocities over the last 10 years; such as the Jamerson Incident, which resulted in the 5,000 residents of the town of Jamerson, Idaho committing suicide in a giant Russian Roulette arena. Psipreme enjoys making people he encounters as insane as he is, especially those with superhuman powers, whom he takes a special delight in toying with. Psipreme has a vast army of superhuman slaves, including the iconic 1980s hero Victory.

If its relevant to the story I've done them.

Its basically a cribbed down version of the desc for a character. Take out the actual character sheet, trim out what isn't widely known, be sure to include physical description (height, weight etc), hangouts, known associates etc. It is MUCH easier to take a character that is fully fleshed out and documented (with appearance, background/history, tactics, etc) and cut out the bits you don't want the players to know than it is to take a character sheet and develop the brief.