Who's the most nearly-invulnerable...

tinman

Re: Who's the most nearly-invulnerable...

I once made a villain team that were all in the 'we have powers that are kinda nifty but have this odd thing that really screws us up sometimes' category. One of them was Savage. 100 STR brick, low DEX/SPD, 50PD, 50ED, 75% Resistant Physical/Mental/Energy Dmg Reduction, about 50 points, double-hardened of every exotic defense (except Mental). What were his drawbacks?

None of his natural defenses were Resistant, and the Damage Reduction was Stun Only. You could beat on him all day long, but he was pretty easily killed. He was also very slow; basically, his power was to be ridiculously musclebound, but not 'armored', so his ridiculous physique robbed him of any flexibility or limberness.

just a quick clarify on Horus, the weakness is against darkness/shadow powers, not black magic with the darkness special effect, and the effect of the weakness is that his absorptions don't work and his DR falls to 50%, not 25%.

He can also use the VPP to counteract the weakness on his DR, though that means his STR is fairly limited in fights like that for what he can do with it (no added effects to it, stays at 80, etc.). Among other things his VPP is good for is buffing existing powers with things, like his defenses, which is potentially relevant against the penetrating thing. If for some reason he was just going to burn the VPP to pure defense raising/enhancing (though that reaaaallly, reaaallllly limits his capabilities overall), he'd probably be a bit tougher than usual at that.

Horus-Re would hate a 12d6 double penetrating "stun only" AF 5 attack(150 AP)' date=' but then again, so would anybody else ;)[/quote']

I get 210 AP (autofire is an additional +1 advantage on a power that bypasses normal defences) and that attack wouldn't do one stun to Bulletproof of the Galactic Champions.

I get 210 AP (autofire is an additional +1 advantage on a power that bypasses normal defences) and that attack wouldn't do one stun to Bulletproof of the Galactic Champions.

That attack still works against normal defenses ... attacks that bypass normal defenses are things like NNDs, Drains or Ego Attacks. It's still just +1/2.

I forget the characters real name, Ivan maybe? but we called him Bodyman.

He was not the first of the type, but...

75 % PD and ED DR, Resistant.

40+ body

Regen about 3/turn.

He survived LICKING a Hellbore Grenade. :nonp: We took out TANKS with them.

One I might play next chance I get is SORT of like this, natural DR, but a suit of armor because bullets HURT! ;)

The Paladine - An NPC Hero with the personality of the Tick.

He has Armor 10/10 OIF as Medieval looking armor made of space-age materials. ( ceramics, titanium, etc, etc )

But that is just his costume.

His own flesh is 50 PD 50 ED Resistant Hardened x2

Energy Damage Reduction 75%

Physical Damage Reduction 75%

25 Power Defense Resistant, Hardened

Plus a 'Divine Touch' as a Lay on Hands kind of thing with 8d6 Simplified Healing, can heal limbs.

AND 3 BODY of Regeneration

And a multipower of Invulnerability Tricks including Desolid, invisible to touch group, and 'I Block it with my Body!' as Missile Deflection.

His helmet has a bit of (5 points) Sight and Hearing flash defense.

And 0, None, Zip, Not a point of mental defense.

and Psych Lim: Easily Distracted and given to Non Sequitors ( Very Common, Strong )

That attack still works against normal defenses ... attacks that bypass normal defenses are things like NNDs' date=' Drains or Ego Attacks. It's still just +1/2.[/quote']

Includes but is not limited too... The whole point of that power constuct is to bypass normal defenses.

Includes but is not limited too... The whole point of that power constuct is to bypass normal defenses.

Well, I just ran it through Hero Designer and it comes out to 150 AP (whereas an NND Autofire comes out to 210). Now, I'm not positive that Hero Designer has it totally right, but they're pretty good about getting this sort of thing right in my experience.

*shrug*

I like reading these sorts of threads...honest.

Posting fave characters that are like nigh-invulnerable, broken, whatever.

IN all of of the readers that solicit these forums, there are always some party-pooper to state negativity: "People that build these types shouldnt play" or "Whats the use of building them, no fun in able to destroy everything."

Got a 350-pt character up once for opinion and got nothing but rudeness and attitude. COSMIC was her name.

Keep at it, guys and gals...its coll see your stuff. :)

The Morigu is in another dimension' date=' using transdimensional images, clairsentience, and a bunch of Transdimensional powers BOECV, all with IPE Hide Source, to play world shaking menace. The Images are the most expensive part. 750 point character, insanely effective, built as a joke and now used as a Phantom Stranger type advisor half the time. Munchkin beyond munchin. ;)[/quote']

Not Frickin Funny!

Our group Vanguard was *dissected* by a guy built like this called Ryder. The only way we won was he got bored gutting PCs and wandered off. After about 6 months of the player characters hiding in remote parts of the world we regrouped and in about a year of Real Time took ole Ryder on in his home dimension. Which promptly imploded.

But that was a Moses game. And Moses Games have Points! Vanguard's Point was Heroes don't always win...which meant we never really won anything, anytime, or anywhere.

Hawksmoor