Omega Girl (of Jane's Superhuman's fame)

Kristopher

Re: Omega Girl (of Jane's Superhuman's fame)

Starguard's updated stats and history can be found here.

You're right, she could be Omega Girl's mystical little sister. While the pool in Starguard's VPP is technically smaller, if you add in the 0 END and No Range Penalty advantages to a power in Omega Girl's pool, she only has 70 points left to play with. I actually considered a "limited by understanding" limitation, but ended up not including it.

I really like Starguard's origin and personality, and I did do a double-take when I read her full name.

Still standing questions re: Omega Girl...

1) The thread about The New Circle, and the idea of tribute / adaptation characters, started me wondering...is there an established character that Omega Girl reminds you of? (Other than Starguard :yes: )

2) Any suggestions on a CU villain team that would be involved in trying to steal something from the lab where Omega Girl was working, thus setting off the incident that gave her her powers?

3) How far up the official CU foodchain would you place a character like this?

4) Any suggestions as to what to name her powers (over half of which are currently labeled "Quantum Manifestation __ ?)

> 1) The thread about The New Circle, and the idea of tribute / adaptation

> characters, started me wondering...is there an established character that

> Omega Girl reminds you of? (Other than Starguard :yes: )

She's the thematic opposite of Takofanes -- science, not magic. Life, not death. Hero, not villain.

Outside of that, no.

> 2) Any suggestions on a CU villain team that would be involved in trying to

> steal something from the lab where Omega Girl was working, thus setting

> off the incident that gave her her powers?

Depends. You want an arch-nemesis, try Eurostar. You want a master villain working on those you love via his NCI to try and make you their weapon, try VIPER or the Warlord. You want some comedy relief, try GRAB. :)

> 3) How far up the official CU foodchain would you place a character like

> this?

Above Gravitar -- which means in the top three. Only Doctor Destroyer and Takofanes have the mojo to confront Omega Girl in personal combat solo, unless you haul out GalChamps space gods.

> 1) The thread about The New Circle, and the idea of tribute / adaptation

> characters, started me wondering...is there an established character that

> Omega Girl reminds you of? (Other than Starguard :yes: )

She's the thematic opposite of Takofanes -- science, not magic. Life, not death. Hero, not villain.

Outside of that, no.

Cool. And it lines her up nicely to oppose him.

> 2) Any suggestions on a CU villain team that would be involved in trying to

> steal something from the lab where Omega Girl was working, thus setting

> off the incident that gave her her powers?

Depends. You want an arch-nemesis, try Eurostar. You want a master villain working on those you love via his NCI to try and make you their weapon, try VIPER or the Warlord. You want some comedy relief, try GRAB. :)

Who would be trying to steal the Quantum Vacuum Chamber, though? Does Eurostar ever operate in the US? Viper still has a superhuman team in 5th Edition, correct? That might be the best choice, since it also gives her an enemy she can't crush in one "issue".

> 3) How far up the official CU foodchain would you place a character like

> this?

Above Gravitar -- which means in the top three. Only Doctor Destroyer and Takofanes have the mojo to confront Omega Girl in personal combat solo, unless you haul out GalChamps space gods.

She's almost more of a Galactic Champs character, isn't she?

Still, where does this leave the CU? Where is the CU's Superman, its Green Lantern, its Martian Manhunter?

Still, where does this leave the CU? Where is the CU's Superman, its Green Lantern, its Martian Manhunter?

I really want to ask Steve that at the next DunDraCon.

Can we have just ONE fricking epic/iconic hero in the CU? One that could last half a turn against Dr. D, or Takofanes?

Yes, having her hunted by VIPER would mean the best course.

It would also mean we could have nice big slug-festies with Viperia --

How similar is her FREd incarnation to her 4thEd write-up?

I think Omega Girl would try to take the fight outside Earth's atmosphere, where she could really cut loose.

I forgot her, she's one of the few other people who can go solo vs. Omega Girl.

And also a villain...the CU has a problem...

> How similar is her FREd incarnation to her 4thEd write-up?

Vaguely. Entirely different origin (she's an African demi-goddess now(*), even if she's still a spoiled teenaged brat with the powers of Supergirl) and even more buff.

(*) Her father is Nama, the ancient serpent god who is the secret founder of VIPER... which is why she has the job. :)

And seriously, dude, you don't have the 5e VIPER sourcebook yet? /Get it/. It rocks.

> How similar is her FREd incarnation to her 4thEd write-up?

Vaguely. Entirely different origin (she's an African demi-goddess now(*), even if she's still a spoiled teenaged brat with the powers of Supergirl) and even more buff.

Heh. I was reading her section in 4thEd VIPER, and I thought, "Hey, look! I found the CU's Superman!"

(*) Her father is Nama, the ancient serpent god who is the secret founder of VIPER... which is why she has the job. :)

And seriously, dude, you don't have the 5e VIPER sourcebook yet? /Get it/. It rocks.

Might have to do that...money is a bit tight right now.