Help! I NEED HEROES!

phydaux

I'm going to be running a Champians demo game soon at my local FLAGS - The Island of Dr. Destroyer! As you all know, this is a high powered game, and I anticipate character deaths. Lots of 'em!

So I'm going to need a LOT of character sheets. I was thinking just use published heroes (after all, I can download their Hero Designer files). The thing is, those character tend to be a bit complicated. The usually have lots of attacks in a multipower, and wierd stuff like "Aid to DEX" that I am NOT going to allow in a first time player to use in a one-off.

I was hoping you guys could post some heroes and their Hero Designer files. Feel free to put your forum name on the character sheet, so people know who to thank if their character kicks mucho ass (and who to BLAME if they don't ;))

Anyway, here's the character creation guidelines:

350 points

12 Damage Classes OR 60 active points

Bricks are SPD 4, Power Projectors are SPD 5 and Martial Artists are SPD 6

Bricks are CV 8, Martial Artists are CV 12 (AFTER skills & maneuvers) and EVERYBODY ELSE is CV 10

Bricks are PD/ED 30, Power Projectors are PD/ED 24 and Martial Artists are PD/ED 18. Everyone else is PD/ED 20

The Heros should be MUCH simpler that the ones in the books, ie Defender and Witchcraft. One primary attack power for the most part, no Megascale movement, try to stay away from Damage Reduction.

Lots of little skills like Flash Defense, Radio Hearing/Transmit and Life Support always come in handy.

Characters should have Skills out the wazoo, including the Power Skill and the Teamwork skill.

EVERYONE should have some Resistant Defense.

Aside from that, the characters I'm thinking of are:

Bricks

Flying Brick

Running Brick

Superleaping Brick who specialses in Move Throughs

Power Projectors

Flying Power Projector

Running Power Projector

Swinging Power Projector with a Bow and Quiver of trick arrows

Martial Artists

A "Pure" martial artist with all kinds of maneuvers and maybe some kind of x2 END "Chi Kung Fist" attack

Martial Artist with an OAF that gives MUCHO DCs and maybe Missile Deflection

Gadgeteers

"Batman" type with skills out the yang (Security Systems, Electronics, Weapons Systems, Known Super Villains, etc), Stealth, Swinging, martial arts and lots FYB powers (Flash, NND, AVLD, Entangle, AOE, etc.)

Another character that is VERY similar, so they can both have a rivalry

Others

Captian America type - not quite brick, not quite Martial Artist

Mentalist with lots of EGO powers

Mystic with a combination of Elemental powers, Ego powers and Flight or Teleport

Flyer with maybe a Flight multipower, vision enhansment powers and skills in Move By

A teleporter with stealth and a little martial arts

A stretcher a la Elastigirl

Again, the focus for these characters should be to make them easy to understand and play by a first time Champs player. However, if the Mystic and Psi both have powers like "Mind Link, 8 minds at a time" and all the other characters have "Radio Recieve/Transmit OIF Earbug" that would NOT be a bad thing.

This is WAY more characters than I'd need, even if the first wave of heros DOES get killed on the beach. If people post here saying "I'm working on these two heros" that should cut down the overlap.

Please post the characters with a Hero Designer file as an attachment.

When I have collected all the heros, I'll post a .ZIP file with all the Hero Designer files included.

Re: Help! I NEED HEROES!

Did. I snagged The Incredibles from the Invisibles thread.

Then I pulled their portrates off a PR web site. ;)

Thing is, I want SIMPLE heros, and most characters posted AREN'T simple.

Still accepting character donations (and wantonly stealing characters off past threads),

phy

Well, he may be a bit too complex for what you're aiming for, but I have a toned-down to 350 version of a brick I played in a Champions game a few years ago. (was a 4th ed 500pt character)

His name is Sequoia, and he was a reseach botanist who was a strange alien "plant" that had been found frozen in the Antarctic. One day, while studying it, VIPER attacked his lab. He was caught in the crossfire, and was nearly killed. He fell into the containers containing the spores of the "plant". It turned out they were an ancient symbiotic plant, and they merged with the dying scientist. It saved his life, but it changed him physically. He is now large and green with glowing red eyes, leathery skin and no real facial features. He can increase his mass, make himself taller, or just stretch his body in strange ways. He is now very strong and incredibly tough. But his mind was, mostly, intact.

So, he decided to become a superhero. :)

(that's the short version of his background)

Sequoia can be found here.

Hope this helps. :)

Thanks. :)

I want this to have a "Team Team-Up" flavor to it. I tell people that Dr. Destroyer is the kind of villain that the X-Man, The Avengers and the Fantastic Four would all team up to fight. And some would die fighting him.

I AM going to use The Incredibles (just because it's SO current, and because I found their pictures on the web) AND the Champions (because I took their picturers from the side art). I WOULD like a third team to throw in, just to be safe and make it all feel "epic."

Please continue to submit characters. This is great.