CampaignPedia Format

Rapier

I've recently begun work on creating/codifying my FH game into an actual campaign. I'm moving from loosely related episodes in a generic setting into an actual homegrown campaign setting.

I've been creating lots of notes etc. Now comes the hard part. How do I organise everything? I've got a couple different ideas. The current of which is:

Introduction

Birth of the World (History)

Characters

--Races (with references to locations etc, including map page refs)

--Archetypes and their relation to races

--Magic

The Campaign World

--Economy (equipment, items, money)

--Maps

----Kingdoms

------Race relations (aka Who Hates Whom)

------Description of habits, superstitions, burial rites, etc

--Gods

Adventuring

--Monsters

--NPCs

The goal, is that I will eventually stick this up on the web for the players to use as a reference. What I was wondering is if anyone has a template or good example of a cohesive campaign build that I could beg/borrow/steal.

Just looking for some ideas before I go too far down a path and decide I don't like it.

Cheers!

Re: CampaignPedia Format

Sounds like you are on the right track, from what you have posted.

From someone who's been through this process, I'd just like to say:

Subdirectories are your friends. Make lots.

Otherwise as you add more stuff the whole thing becomes more and more unwieldy.

cheers, Mark

I write everything for hand. So I cant give you advice for the computer stuff but have one folder for campain background which is split in equipment writeup, contryes history, mode of dress, way of life and culture. Then I have another folder for npc split in Uniqe npc's with their respective histories, and genric npc's. I bought somthing called hero system resourse kit, which include this nifty npc page where you have space to write up one generic npc, (lets say an orc) and then sufficient room for detail on up to ten (or twelve I don't remeber), if you want to make a veteran, give them different weapons or something like that.

The goal, is that I will eventually stick this up on the web for the players to use as a reference. What I was wondering is if anyone has a template or good example of a cohesive campaign build that I could beg/borrow/steal.

Just looking for some ideas before I go too far down a path and decide I don't like it.

Cheers!

Click on the Savage Earth link in my sig and see if there's anything there you like, organization-wise. My biggest advice is to take advantage of the cross-indexing available in HTML. Every time you have a section that references another section, or contains a house rule or campaign definition that may be obscure, link it.

Keith "Mr. Adviso" Curtis

I've been toying of the idea of using a Wiki to organize notes and make it possible for players to "fill in" details they discover in the course of the game. I haven't discovered a good Wiki for this, though; it would need to be one that requires you to log-in to make changes, so that you don't have random strangers defacing your work.