FREd?

WillRhodes

It originally didn't stand for anything, the web community was just being cute.

The old 4th edition book was called "the BBB" for "the big blue book".

When it was revealed that 5th was going to be black and even bigger, a discussion broke out as to what the abbreviation should be. Steve Long (trying to be wry) said that we could call it Fred for all he cared as long as we bought it.

The name stuck.

It has been retroactivly decided that it should stand for "Fifth Rules Edition" but dont let anyone tell you that the abbreviation started there:)

This should probably be in the FAQ.

Originally posted by Lord Liaden

There are a lot of links on this site, but they're all worth exploring. Never know when you'll find a golden nugget. :)

That reminds me of something Flying Buffalo used to do with their website: Rick Loomis (their GIC*) would put a hidden little surprise somewhere on the website, and the first person to locate it would get a prize (a $10 credit or gift certificate, IIRC).

I don't expect anything like that on this site any time soon (though you never know). I just wanted to share a nifty memory. :)

*GIC = Guy In Charge

• 3 weeks later...