Possession and MASS mind control

Bluefire

Possession and MASS mind control is easily done by making a Transform.

What happens when the "MasterMind" transforms all the fans in a football stadium to "fanatically loyal cannonfodder"? Heroes are going to have to figure out how to deal with 50,000 people that they don't want to hurt.

I was asked to elaborate, so here goes.

First Possession: This is for possessing Normals. 5d6 Major Transform to Possessed being. Heals all-or-nothing by being exercised. note; as per pg. 153 I wrote this one up as a "Spirit" Transform, leaving all knowledge and physical traits the same. This ability was used by an Etheral Badguy. He would body jump to do whatever ugly thing he wanted to do that day.

Mass Mindcontrol is done the same basic way, just your defining that the Major Transform affects the Mind. Turning the subject into a loyal follower. Slap an AE advantage on it and you have some nastiness going. Personally the Advantage Megascale will never make it into my campaign (I think its broke) and I warn against allowing it into your game.

So what DO you do as a hero when 50,000 Fans in a stadium all become transformed by MasterMind?

powergaming note: how ugly is sticky, persistant, End only to activate would this be? Bad guy walks in and "whispers" into one ear, then it spreads like a plague, transforming one person then the next. Victim would transform into a Mind Controlled person. (yes, this is a 1/2 advantage)

-Jason

Re: Possession and MASS mind control

Well, a competent GM would have a method for the hero to stop the power, whether it be take mastermind down or spray the crowd with salt crystals (which somehow breaks the mind control). My view is that a villain can't have a broken power, so long as the GM allows the players an opportunity to deal with it. It is good drama to have the players encounter a problem that seems insurmountable, get beaten back a time or two then come up with some brilliant and daring plan to save the day.

Equally a competent GM would not allow a player character to have the power as it would spoil the enjoyment of the game for the others.

There was a recent Authority storyline involving the sticky mind control you describe. It is fine as a story line, but the fact that you can build the powers using the rules doesn't mean there is a problem with the rules. If it breaks the game there is a problem with the way the rules are being used.

Sticky, by the rules, doesn't work past the first one. The guy you mind control will be sticky - but the people he affects won't affect others.

The way to do this, just like diseases, is a transform, as in your first suggestion - the people who are transformed gain the power themselves.

This is potentially extremely abusive. GMs beware.

There was a recent Authority storyline involving the sticky mind control you describe. It is fine as a story line, but the fact that you can build the powers using the rules doesn't mean there is a problem with the rules. If it breaks the game there is a problem with the way the rules are being used.

OMG! They stole my story idea :P I agree to a certain extent about if a Power breaks the game its how the rules are being used. However I honestly believe that there are problems and shortcomings with the rules as they are today. Not as bad as when I started (Density Increase anyone?). Personally I think multiform is now more broke then it was in 4th, but then I'm just one person.

If you bought multiple instances of Sticky, could you pass on the power - less one Sticky - to others? Neat way to have a limited contagion.

Remember, it's only 6 degrees of separation between any two people!

Not sure it'd be rules-legal, but I like it!