Deadlands: Hell on Earth..uh....HERO

UrielFallen

So I've decided to do some conversions for Pinnacle's classic Deadlands: HOE series. For the most part, it's pretty simple, but some of the Arcane Powers are kind of difficult to figure out how to convert without getting too complicated. The most difficult to figure out would be the Templar Rewards.

Just wondering, how would you treat a Templar's ability to throw his sword as if it were a regular knife (or something along those lines)? There is no actual transformation, the sword just becomes balanced for throwing and more accurate.

Re: Deadlands: Hell on Earth..uh....HERO

Well, I'm not too familiar with Hell on Earth (more interested in Wierd West myself), but from what you've said this should be really simple. Just have the character buy an RKA equal to his regular sword damage, with OAF sword as a limitation. Don't let anyone who is not a Templar buy this.

Unless, it's a HEROIC level game, which I'm imagining it is. They wouldn't have to pay points for equipment but, would need to pay points for 'sword throwing'.

I seem to have read something similar on here somewhere previously. I would assume the weapon would have to have the capability and then buying a weapon familiararity or some such would be the ticket.

• 9 months later...

For thrown swords, I believe UMA just sticks "Ranged" on certain weapons (katana was one of them) to give the option of throwing it at people. You have to have WF: Thrown Swords (under the "Unusual Ranged Weapons" section), or you take the -3 to OCV nonfamiliarity penalty.