DCV to Weapons

Short Shot

I'm trying to build a character with a couple summoned weapons. One of the weapons is a staff.

1) Is it reasonable to put a something +2 DCV on the weapon only against hand to hand attacks? I figure if someone is coming after me with a sword I'm a lot more likely to block it uninjured with a staff than with my hands, but I'm not sure how to represent this.

2) If it's reasonable, how the heck do I put it in using Hero Designer 2? I've got it in a MultiPower, Summoned Magic weapons right now, but I don't know how to add in the DCV for it.

Re: DCV to Weapons

I see no problem with this construct, although I don't think it's technically book-legal, since you can't put skills into a framework. Common sense holds that this is a perfectly acceptable place to break the rules. don't know enough about HD to tell you how to convince the program of our logic, though.

Problems I'm running into:

pg 35 5e:

"2) Characters can use one CSL costing 3 or more points as a +1 DCV against the same types of attacks for which the CSL could increase the OCV (for example, a CSL with swordfighting martial art could increase the DCV in HTH combat but not against Ranged Combat)."

Pg 36 5e "Combat Skill Levels on Foci

"The 5-point CSL is the smallest CSL which can be bought with Limitations: Thus, if a character wants to build a weapon which is more accurate than normal (i.e., which provides a bonus to the user's OCV, he would buy a 5-pt CLS with the Limitaion Focus. Combat Skill Levels bought with Limitations can only increase the user's OCV, except with special permission from the GM."

So according to the rules I can buy 2 CSL with Martial Manouvers for 6 pts and use them how I want, or I can buy 2 levels at 5 pts each with a Focus resulting in it costing 7 pts and only have it be used for OCV instead of DCV.

This does not compute.

What about something like a "Magic Sword of the Defender" that makes you a master of defensive when you weild it?

Or just buy two HtH levels along with the weapon, and apply the

focus lims. Then if you do a 'full block' apply them to OCV, or describe

a 'casual' block as part of your attack, and apply them to DCV.

This is how I've written up a magic staff. It's a Multipower with HA, some Leaping, Missile Deflection and a slot of HTH Levels. I didn't put any special Limits on the Levels though. I figure the wielder can use them to make a normal strike (without the HA) more accurate since he has a really long stick and knows how to use it.