Charge!

roch

Re: Charge!

Move Through and Move By could both represent an attack that is on character charging down another character.

As could a specially built Martial Maneuver if you really wanted;

Knights Charge Maneuver,

Move By, Knocks Opponent down/off mount

as an example, how good an example I don't know... If you can think someone on these board can model it.

Mmm...

Whoops, sorry, the question: is there an official "Charge" maneuver? I've seen references to one in characters posted on these boards, but I couldn't see it in 5ER. Is Move Through meant to represent charging?

Thanks,

(_8(0)

Charge is just one of the new maneuvers presented in The Ultimate Martial Artist.

This GREAT book presents many more 'Real World' martial arts than presented in 5e or 5er like Fencing, Kenjutsu (Samurai Sword Art) and Weapons Combat* (European Armored Warrior). Nearly all have at least one custom manuever which include improvements to maneuvers.

Charge (part of Weapons Combat*) just happens to be an improvement to the the basic Move Through in the same way that a Martial Block is better than a basic Block.

We are not allowed to post more information than that on the board. I highly recomend getting the book if you plan on using martial arts in your games.

HM

Gah, UMA is out of stock.

In fact, here in the UK at least, Sidekick seems to be out of stock, at least wrt the two awesome FLGS I use.

Hmmm.

Don't tell me the HERO System is actually selling by the truckload? Whooo! :)

Anyway, thanks for clearing that one up.

(_8(0)

Here's a couple of links that talk about UMA in detail:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24548

http://www.herogames.com/news/2004/0917.jsp

It appears that it will be offered as a PDF download soon but not reprinted due to low sales originally. If you look hard enough you may still be able to find a copy at some online site.

HM

Don't tell me the HERO System is actually selling by the truckload?

Not that well, unfortunately. But it sells at a reasonable pace.

It appears that it will be offered as a PDF download soon but not reprinted due to low sales originally.

No, no, that's not the case. In terms of sheer numbers it's actually, hmmm, our third or fourth best-selling book. But at this point the sales have dropped off to the point where the minimum number of books we could order would quite literally last for decades. Tying that kind of money up in inventory would be ill-advised, to say the least. That's why we plan to offer it for sale as a PDF. In fact, we hope to have the PDF available in the next few days -- we have to put it through some "stress tests" first. ;)