skill and stun

steph

question for gm... a kind of adrenal balance for counteract stun effect : recovery for being stun take one full phase (generally) but a character with that 0phase action skill can recovery for being stun in a half phase action so he can roll is skill , recovery for being stun and attack or ? what do you think?

stef the french canadian

excuse my english again

Re: skill and stun

It's still not foolproof -- a big enough wallop will still stun the character without a roll to avoid it -- but it's a pretty good way to go.

Shadowpup, in that -1 you gave to the "only to avoid being stunned", did you assume that that includes "no figured characteristics", or would it be appropriate to throw that on there too?

It's still not foolproof -- a big enough wallop will still stun the character without a roll to avoid it -- but it's a pretty good way to go.

Not nexessarily. If you have a 15 CON, and 30 STUN, just buy +14 CON only to resist being Stunned. You are now impossible to Stun (if you make your skill roll, in our sample).

Shadowpup' date=' in that -1 you gave to the "only to avoid being stunned", did you assume that that includes "no figured characteristics", or would it be appropriate to throw that on there too?[/quote']

Given most of the value of CON is in the figured's, I'd give more than -1 if it includes "no figured". I could see a combined total of -2 being quite reasonable.

[if I only get -1, I'll just buy the CON normally and sell the END back - at least up to the NCM. :nonp: ]

Interesting idea. I'd say +X CON, Only to prevent being stunned*, Requires a Skill Roll**, and Extra Time (half-phase instead of no time)***.

* The only things CON gives you are

1) Figured Chars (a lot of them!)

2) avoiding being stunned

3) CON rolls - which are rare since there are no based-on-CON skills, and

4) Resistance to Mental Powers Based on CON - also fairly rare, maybe.

Therefore, I'd say the total limitation is at least -1.5, probably -2.

** If the character can willfully "shake it off" then I'd use RSR (the penalty could be based on the amount by which his regular CON was exceded. If it's a natural physiological thing because he's just tough, then you could use Activation instead, and you could even use Burnout or Jammed. You could also use Side Effects to be really dramatic (but complicated).

*** I'd say this should have the same limitation as the usual value for "Full Phase," since usually such a lim would change a power from half to full, and in this case, we're changing it from no time to half phase. IIRC, there is no Extra Time value given for increasing the time on a no-time action. And that is what we're dealing with: not being stunned is normally a no-time (non-)action.