riddle me this, "Mind Control on Computers"

saffo

1. What type of power would have this effect.

2. Would it be possible to transform a computer into a type of conciousness that would be effected by mind control? Perhaps using a major transform?

I don't want to hack into computers. I want to just send them (mental?) signals to execute my will.

Re: riddle me this, "Mind Control on Computers"

Why would you want to transform it? Mind control can affect a computer even though it has no ego score. What you do is use the computer's intelligence value as ego. This is covered under "classes of minds" under the mental powers section in 5E and 5Er.

Can transform effect the class of mind of something? Or is there a way to change a target from one thing to another?

The answer is yes. Major Transform: Man to Turnip, or in your case I suspect Man to Robot Man.

Remember though you can at the GMs option (I always give it under 5E) that a mental power can effect an alternate class of minds at -3ECV and -10 Effect Level (-5 for Ego Blast). That way your J'onn J'onzz clone can use his Mind Scan on lowly humans without having the +10 Adder. Just a few PSLs and he is golden.

Hawksmoor

Can transform effect the class of mind of something?

Yes. See "Body, Mind, And Spirit" on p153 of 5th ed, and "Based On Ego Combat Value" on the following page. Though for a non-AI computer, you'd use INT instead of EGO.

Guest WhammeWhamme

Umm what do you think J'onn is? :)

Hawksmoor

Shapeshifting humanoid?

Isn't his natural form fairly humanoid, and actually related to some earth species? (Not closely, mind...)

I mean, his thoughts patterns are quite human. (At least, that's how he comes across). Friendship, anger, disgust, etc. Closer than a chipmunk.

Shapeshifting humanoid?

Isn't his natural form fairly humanoid, and actually related to some earth species? (Not closely, mind...)

I mean, his thoughts patterns are quite human. (At least, that's how he comes across). Friendship, anger, disgust, etc. Closer than a chipmunk.

All that is true, exept when you think that in the latest and greatest incarnation Martians have total molecular control over their forms. A mind capable of that, on a species level, is really no more alike to humans than humans are to Hydras (the real Hydras, strange little organisms; lack bilateral symetry; read a biology book).

Anyway I kinda like the GGU version that says if it ain't your species it's an alien. Some like the Tautiq aliens and inteligent apes get grouped as humans, everone else is a separate adder or the -3OCV/-10 Effect level.

Hawksmoor

I was thinking along the lines of borg like powers. Turning man into machine machine into man' date=' then dominating it.[/quote']

Two methods of doing Borg come to my mind:

One is just Mind Control with a wowzer set of special effects. It may seem a little odd, but if you tink of the rest (weapons, mods, etc.) as "Equipment" issued during the borging process, it makes some sense (you could even have the mods built as IIF with a Side Effect: Loyalty to the Borg, wchich is why the feds don't salvage & use much).

Two is indeed a Major Transform. With enough Transform, you can do anything the GM wants to let you get away with (and if you're the GM, well, gosh...). One aspect of the thing you tranform into is a major psychlim "Borg mentality" or something.