Suppress on Characteristics

BlueBuddha

Re: Suppress on Characteristics

Live and learn; cheers' date=' Andrew.Matter of interest if you supress Stun in excess of the target's CON in a single attack does that cause the target to become stunned?[/quote']Yes, it does. 5ER p. 228.Suppress is doubly dangerous because you can pile more than one activation on top of each other (assuming you can pay the END to maintain them, of course). I built a character once based on "freezing" an opponent in time. He had a sizeable Suppress vs. SPD. Never played him, because he was ridiculously broken. Give him two attacks, and the opponent is never going to get another action. :tonguewav

There was a thread about Suppressing stun not too long ago. Something you have to remember is that if you stop paying END, all the Stun comes back, but the interesting thing is this:

When someone is reduced to 0 Stun or less, they usually lose all their END also. But if the Stun was reduced by Suppressing it, and you turn off the Suppress, the target's END returns to what it was before he was at 0 Stun.

Live and learn; cheers, Andrew.

Matter of interest if you supress Stun in excess of the target's CON in a single attack does that cause the target to become stunned?

Yes.

On a side note, I would extend Dmg Reduction's protection vs Drains affecting BODY or STUN to cover Suppress vs BODY or STUN as well.

I vaguely recall that' date=' but would a 'stunned' effect also turn off? that doesn't seem to make much sense.....[/quote']

Nope, the guy would still be "Stunned", or that was the conclusion that was arrived at in the other thread.

Note: Wait a minute! You started that thread so you should be familiar with it! :D

It's right here.

There was a thread about Suppressing stun not too long ago. Something you have to remember is that if you stop paying END, all the Stun comes back, but the interesting thing is this:

When someone is reduced to 0 Stun or less, they usually lose all their END also. But if the Stun was reduced by Suppressing it, and you turn off the Suppress, the target's END returns to what it was before he was at 0 Stun.

Wait, I thought that if you Suppress (or use any other method) to reduce a target to 0 STUN or less, his END drops to zero, and the only way to get that END back is through Recoveries.

Wait' date=' I thought that if you Suppress (or use any other method) to reduce a target to 0 STUN or less, his END drops to zero, and the only way to get that END back is through Recoveries.[/quote']

Dont have my book handy, but IIRC when you recover from being below 0 STUN your END is equal to your STUN.

So, from the hip, I'd imagine that if you were knocked out by a Suppress, when the Suppress turned off your END would be equal to your STUN, whatever that happened to be with the Suppress off.

But, Im just spitballing -- Id have to check the book to be positive.

Kewl: 10d6 stun supress, instant (-.5)

For 33 points you have a power that will stun almost anyone but cause them no damage.

That seems like a show stopper....

Want to make it more fun? Add AoE or Explosion. I prefer Explosion for this one, personally, just for the imagery of a 'stun bomb'.

Dont have my book handy, but IIRC when you recover from being below 0 STUN your END is equal to your STUN.

So, from the hip, I'd imagine that if you were knocked out by a Suppress, when the Suppress turned off your END would be equal to your STUN, whatever that happened to be with the Suppress off.

But, Im just spitballing -- Id have to check the book to be positive.

I think I like this explination.... would still kinda suck for characters that have lots more END than STUN normally... but it's not too bad.