Kill Bill

Dr. MID-Nite

Re: Kill Bill

nexus: "I would give her high skills in areas like Tactics, PS: Assassin, etc. In her field, she was among the best otherwise she esteemed to a fairly normal woman mentally."

I agree with that. Nobody seems to think The Bride is a genius. ("Silly rabbit." "… just smart for a blonde.") But she is "the greatest warrior." Elle knows it. Bill knows it. The Bride proves it. And she's highly educated, not just talented.

nexus: "I saw Bud as a bit of a has been physically, but mentally sharp. Elle's use of the snake came across as more sadism than concern over directly fighting him. She liked snakes, she liked to see people suffer."

Hmm. I like that. I think you're right. That's how Elle was. And she loved poison. Like using the word "gargantuan", the snake trick wasn't something she had to be forced into.

And on reflection, Bud's willingness to take anybody on in a stand-up fight seems consistent with a code. Bud wears his cowboy hat. He stands his ground and fights. That's some kind of Western bad-man's macho code of honour, it's not about any great physical confidence. So defining him as a physical burnout is OK.

Nexus: "This is all just my opinion and as usual there's really not a "right" way to do a character in Hero. I can see where you're coming from though. Sometimes we let our appreciation of the character cloud our objectivity when evaluating their performance in game terms and I like some of your suggestions."

Ditto. :)

Dr. MID-Nite: "Of course most of what you say is true, but the hard part of building most characters is simulating their great strengths, not their weaknesses."

Yup. (laughs) If everyone had been saying - build her as a 75 -pointer, I'd have been saying, c'mon, this is a giant, buy her big enough to be what she is! It's just that folks here seem bright, and everyone had already picked up on the main areas where she's huge, especially with the speed.

Dr. MID-Nite: "For the O-Ren fight, I'd say The Bride lost Long Term END given the length of the fight with the minions."

That works.

Dr. MID-Nite: "I don't really think Go-Go was stronger."

I still do. I thought Go-Go was a beast, and that was a great win for The Bride. What a fight! But you always get these issues where people will see things different ways.

Dr. MID-Nite: "Having said that, the Bride's most important stats are DEX and SPD, with the rest open to lots of interpretation. I'd also add lots of BODY."

Yes, DEX, SPD and lots of BODY - and I'd add one more characteristic I think we've all been underestimating: comeliness. Sixteen just isn't enough. I'd go all the way to 20. Everybody agrees The Bride is a dazzling beauty. The policeman was moved by the blood-splattered "angel". Bud remarked admiringly on The Bride's physical attributes. The whole plot runs because Bill was smitten, and he's a fool for blondes, but it seems to me what he really wants is movie-star glamorous blondes. All the female Vipers are dazzling, because Bill is crazy for female beauty, and nobody else gets into Bill's team except his brother. But The Bride is second to none.

[Esteban, an 80-year-old pimp, appraises The Bride]

Esteban Vihaio: If I had met you forty years ago, you would have been my Number One lady.

The Bride: Well, I'm flattered.

Esteban Vihaio: You goddamn better well be.

COM 20. Absolutely. Darn it, she's as pretty as Uma Thurman!

Victim: "Bud's shotgun probably had several levels of increased Stun multiplier - wasn't it loaded with rock salt?"

Yes it was - but not everyone would be comfortable with "several levels of increased Stun multiplier".

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic