A big cat question

Mark Rand

Special Agent Susan Grey, a metahuman herself, is assigned to the West Coast Avengers as its FVI liaison, mainly because she's unpopular with the top brace and they want her out of their hair. To quote her last SAC, "You're a freak, Grey. I'm assigning you as our liaison with the West Coast Avengers. They're freaks like you."

Susan can switch to and from cougar (or mountain lion) form when she wants to and her clothes shift with her. "I've found a sheet for her in human form. Now, what big car do I use for her mountain lion form, the cheetah or the leopard?

Re: A big cat question

Special Agent Susan Grey, a metahuman herself, is assigned to the West Coast Avengers as its FVI liaison, mainly because she's unpopular with the top brace and they want her out of their hair. To quote her last SAC, "You're a freak, Grey. I'm assigning you as our liaison with the West Coast Avengers. They're freaks like you."

Susan can switch to and from cougar (or mountain lion) form when she wants to and her clothes shift with her. "I've found a sheet for her in human form. Now, what big car do I use for her mountain lion form, the cheetah or the leopard?

I'd probably start with the leopard, since cougars and leopards are both more muscular and less of the sprinters that cheetahs are.

If you have, or have access to, the 4th edition Bestiary, the cougar is on page 138.

If you want, and if it's OK with Steve Long, I can post the info from that.

Guest WhammeWhamme

As far as the 4th Bestiary goes, the Leopard had a higher DEX (+3) and Swimming (+1"), while the Cougar was tougher (+2 PD, 1/1 was resistant, +1 REC)

That's it. Go with the Leopard.

Zoology pickiness here: A mountain lion is the same animal as a cougar. So' date=' if you want a mountain lion.... :)

[/quote']Good point. As I recall, there are over 40 names for this beautiful cat. Some are regional names and some might be impolite.

Good point. As I recall' date=' there are over 40 names for this beautiful cat. Some are regional names and some might be impolite.[/quote']True. Some are called "puma", I know, although that typically refers to a smaller subspecies. The Florida Everglades Panther is also closely related - perhaps also a smaller subspecies.Interesting that since they became protected, their numbers have increased to the point that they've started making rare attacks on humans (and somewhat less rare attacks on housepets). "A cougar ate Fluffy!" :)(And, yes, I know that was egregiously off-topic. Bad me, bad me.) ;)

Guest WhammeWhamme

Please. I don't have access to the book anymore.

18 STR 8

20 DEX 30

18 DEX 16

10 BODY 0

6 INT -4

5 EGO -10

18 PRE 8

10 COM 0

9 PD 7

7 ED 3

4 SPD 10

9 REC 2

36 END 0

32 STUN 4

16 1d6+1 HKA, reduced penetration (bite)

12 1d6 HKA, reduced penetration (claws)

3 1/1 Armour

12 +6" Running

10 Tracking Scent

6 +2 to all PER Rolls

8 +2 to Hearing and Smell PER

5 Cl;imbing 14-

9 Concealment 13-

5 Stealth 14-

10 +2 with Hand to Hand Combat

15 Physical Limitation: No Fine Manipulation

However, I believe animals have been increased in power since, and the INT score at least went up...

(174 pts)

(I'll delete it if need be)

WW, thanks for posting that. I was say too busy yesterday to get to it.

A couple of minor corrections

9 PD 7

Should be:

9 PD 5

16 1d6+1 HKA, reduced penetration (bite)

12 1d6 HKA, reduced penetration (claws)

12 +6" Running

You skipped the END costs. Should look like:

16 1d6+1 HKA, reduced penetration (-1/4) -- bite 2

12 1d6 HKA, reduced penetration (-1/4) -- claws 1

12 +6" Running 1/5"

You also missed:

6 +10 PRE, create fear only (-1/2), while roaring (-1/4)

and the "Disadvantage":

109 Creature Bonus

(174 pts)

The whole thing goes:

COSTS: Char Power Total Disadv. Base

72 + 102 = 174 = 124 + 50

(I'll delete it if need be)

Ditto.

OTOH, if someone wants the description and so on, I'd being willing to post it.