TK Application

Doppler

Re: TK Application

I am devising a character who can grow tendrils from his body quicky' date=' to act as extra limbs, with a very long range. I think this should be built as a form of TK, but since he can make as many tendrils as he needs, do I need to add an AOE advantage to best simulate it?[/quote']

It depends on what you want to accomplish. Basic TK already allows a type of multiple limbs in that if you grab target 'a' on one phase you can then grab target 'b' on another without letting go of target 'a' as long as you pay the end for each use (0 end is GOOD here) and you can keep going to additional targets (c, d, etc...). AOE would be better if you want to affect multiple targets ALL in one phase though.

HM

How much range are we talking about? Extra limbs + stretching sounds like the most straightforward way to build this.

It all depends on:

1. Whether he wants to be able to take more than one action a phase with this power (extra limbs do not give extra attacks; they basically function identically to my description of TK above).
  2. Whether he wants damage directed at the 'limbs' to count towards him directly (TK would avoid this and allow endless 'limbs' to be cut off as a possible sfx).

HM

You can get a couple of extra attacks using Sweep, the - OCV penalties seem reasonable here given the SFX. Unless you can concentrate on multiple things at once...

Extra Limbs + Stretching is cheap, especially if you've got high Strength. The damage problem can be addressed with Limited Coverage extra Armor or Damage Reduction, though I've never seen DR as a cheap way to do anything.

You could go with limited Desolid (only for limbs, only to represent disposable nature thereof). You could still be grabbed or restrained by the limbs or injected with chemicals, but damage wouldn't do anything.

If you really want TK, make a multipower. TK won't allow you to pull yourself up a building and it gets weaker if you apply AOE (assuming the same active points). Have several ultra slots to represent the various things you expect to do.

Personally, I like the Extra Limbs + limited Stretching + limited Desolid.