Protection from Divination?

Tywyll

HOw would you build spells that block/defend against Divination (Clairsentience specifically, but Detects as well I suppose). I'm looking for something that either doesn't allow scanning the particular area once the spell is in place, or something that removes all traces of a person's presence, or just "blanks" them from Clairsentience viewing.

Would you do this as:

Images

Invisibility

Darkness?

And what about the "removes all traces" effect? Would that be a Change Environment?

Thanks!

Re: Protection from Divination?

Maybe you can do Invisibility to the mental sense group, since divination spells are usually meant to locate someone not in the immediate area. I suppose you can also use Dispel against Clairsentience to block the divination spell.

HOw would you build spells that block/defend against Divination (Clairsentience specifically, but Detects as well I suppose). I'm looking for something that either doesn't allow scanning the particular area once the spell is in place, or something that removes all traces of a person's presence, or just "blanks" them from Clairsentience viewing.

Would you do this as:

Images

Invisibility

Darkness?

And what about the "removes all traces" effect? Would that be a Change Environment?

All of these would work - you'd need to target clairsentience as the sense group and detect as well. They would give different effects. As an example, someone is trying to scry a mage who is in his laboratory, casting a spell he does not want anyone to know about. So he casts a protection spell against scrying.

Images would let him try to fool the scryer. Instead of him in his lab, they see an empty lab, or him innocently playing with a kitten, or whatever he chooses.

Invisibility would let them see his lab - but not him.

Darkness would block the scrying - the scryer could not see anything, but they'd know something was up, because they'd be blinded.

Cheers, Mark

Thanks for the info.

Next question: how do you do it so that you can remove traces of someone's presence? In other words, casting a spell that "erases" a trace in an area so that if someone cast a Retrocog spell 5 months later there still wouldn't be any traces of the character?