Setting Question

GothKidSamurai

Hey guys I'm new around here and still wading into the whole Hero thing really. Going to pick up the Fantasy Hero genre book though once I can scrape together some cash for it.

Recently though I've developed a strange obsession with like the whole line of Final Fantasy games. Well, not VII and VIII but the more fantasy toned ones without guns and megacorps and other such stuff.

So what I was wondering is what are some ways any of you would suggest developing a Final Fantasy type setting using the Hero and Fantasy Hero rules?

Re: Setting Question

Welcome, GKS! You've come to the right place for HERO and general gaming advice. Don't be shy about asking any question; we all love to show off how much we know. ;)

Curufea has the right idea: Michael "Susano" Surbrook's awesome website, "Surbrook's Stuff," should be your first stop to check for HERO character adaptations from any source. His archive is vast.

In fact if you go to this page from his website, you'll find full HERO writeup for many of the Final Fantasy characters, with backgrounds and illos. The writeups show how a number of elements from the series can be translated into HERO terms.