Demigod of Everything

Dust Raven

Re: Demigod of Everything

I don't normally post in the Fantasy Hero Board, so hello to any of you I might not know. :)

Here's the backstory: I'm working on creating my own fantasy campaign world. I'm using some old AD&D suppliments because, well, I happen to have them and there isn't any actual AD&D rules in there (other than a list of races, which can easily be replaced with races I plan to use anyway). So currently I'm creating the pantheon of the campaign area, make a few random rolls and come up with something interesting. Among a bunch of major deities with specific portfolios relating to nature, healing and storms, I get this lowly demigod and roll Everything for his sphere of influence.

So how can a demigod be the deity of Everything when there are much more powerful deities running around covering everything already? My first impulse was to toss out the result and reroll, but then I thought it would be kinda neat to have a little god that did have a share of everything. Maybe he's the god of a lot of very specific things, like the spruce tree, fireflies, tubas and carrots (among others). Then I thought, maybe I can just make him the god of some minor force or concept that actually affects everything else. So maybe he's not the Demigod of Everything, but of something that's important to everything else.

The question is, what would that something be?

Well, in MY case... I'm the demigod of everything by virtue of my plan to conquer, corrupt or destroy all that exists. Including things like spruce trees, fireflies, tubas, and carrots. :eg:

Re: Demigod of Everything

I'd make him the Buddha. He's a calm, smiling, friendly little man, mild, peaceful, and immortal. He knows a little bit about almost everything, can do any sort of minor magic, and has made it his mission to teach people to look past the lie that is Desire, and to accept that there is an end to all things, even gods.

Demon Prince of Storms: "My miracle is to call down lightning from the sky, and to call up fire from the Earth!"

Demigod of All: "My miracle is to eat when hungry, and to sleep when tired."

And the Demon Prince was enlightened, and joined the small god on his journeys.

:)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to OddHat again.

The One True Demi-God

Dust Raven has already figured out his demi-god of everything...but I thought I would chime in.

A prophet begins to preach a new philosophy. There is but one god. Just seen as a radical, if not peaceful, cult this small following gives birth to a demi-god.