Trying to create a "clueless" mental defense.

Badger

I am not sure completely how to explain it. But, basically I want a "natural" mental defense where for whatever reason the person is "clueless" to the fact that a mentalist is trying to mind control, mind link, etc. on his mind. Basically he is oblivious to what is going on. So despite what is happening he just keeps on doing what he is doing. Not even realizing his mind was "touched". A natural mind curtain.

What I have now is Mental Defense with a No Concious Control Lim added on. But this doesnt seem to work right. Should I go with a Damage Resistance instead?

As usual any help appreciated for my slow to figure out mind. :o

Mental Defense and Mental Damage Reduction won't help against Mind Link, though.

Maybe: Mental Defense, Always On, to represent that he can't turn it off. You might add Invisible Power Effects to Mental Group, to show that it's not perceived as an active defense.

I've also found that a few Skill Levels with EGO Roll do wonders for always making that Breakout Roll on Mind Control and Mental Illusions.

Re: Trying to create a "clueless" mental defense.

Mental Defense and Mental Damage Reduction won't help against Mind Link, though.

Maybe: Mental Defense, Always On, to represent that he can't turn it off. You might add Invisible Power Effects to Mental Group, to show that it's not perceived as an active defense.

I've also found that a few Skill Levels with EGO Roll do wonders for always making that Breakout Roll on Mind Control and Mental Illusions.

Ha ha! You have to Be WILLING for mindlink to work though.

Hermit just to clarify would this side effects affect both receipient and character or just the recipient? It could be argued either way.

My opinion: Is that it affects both because mentalist would be known but character could be controlled, etc.

Though if it doesnt control the character then it only "negatively" affects the mentalist. Just want to make sure beforehand.

Note: course if Hero designer has calculated it right. It will matter all of 1 point in cost. :P

Umm, nevermind. Thinking about it from the opposite way. If it doesnt work then mentalist's power is invisible, my guy goes happily on his way, oblivious. So I'll go with the only affects recipient.