Secret Service question 4: at Stargate Command

Mark Rand

Stargate Command, a military base under Cheyenne Mountai, and near Colorado Springs, is one of the country's best-kept secrets. The President has decided to visit it as part of his already-planned trip to Colorado Springs and notifys the Secret Service of the side trip the day before. He also announces to the Secret Service that, with the threat to the world from Anubus, it's time the world knew about the base.

When the head of the President's detail protests, the President points out that the base personal will be assisting with the protection and that they will be, for the most part, 28-stories below ground.

The questions for our learned panel to ponder are as follows.

Assuming the Secret Service agents get a full briefing on SGC operations and the President is determined to go, how big of a threat would they consider it?

Who has the overall responsibility for determining what happens to anyone that attacks the President?

What charges would that person be facing?

Re: Secret Service question 4: at Stargate Command

1) Since SGC is so isolated and possesses such strong protections already they would give it minor threat conditions. They are 28-stories below ground, no man-made weapon (even nuclear) can penetrate that far. The most that they would have to worry about would be if the nuclear blast would short out all electronics or a commando team tries to get in (in which case the place goes into lock-down - no one in, no one out).

2) The Secret Service is ALWAYS responsible for the President, no matter where he is or location security.

3) That person would face the same charges that anyone else would face if they attacked the President on just and street. I cannot think what these charges would be at this time though. :(

Assuming the Secret Service agents get a full briefing on SGC operations and the President is determined to go' date=' how big of a threat would they consider it?[/quote']

If they read up on how many times its been infiltrated by the go'auld, been infected by alien viruses, nanotechnology and devices, linked to planets on the edge of a black hole...a pretty big threat, I'd say. :bounce:

The previous post from Asperion covers things pretty well...

It does raise a question though...

Are you planning on running Champions and Star Gate SGC together??

I once gave thought to a galactic team of heros. A super-powered SGC if you will..

The previous post from Asperion covers things pretty well...

It does raise a question though...

Are you planning on running Champions and Star Gate SGC together??

I once gave thought to a galactic team of heros. A super-powered SGC if you will..

Yes. This version of Stargate Command exists in the same universe as the IST San Angelo campaign I plan to run. I suspect that the heroes, although not assigned to Stargate Command, may be assigned to help defend Earth.

Also, let us say that, for some reason, Vice President Kinsey attacks the President and knocks him out. Who gets to determine what happens to Kinsey and what charages can he face? I know they're the same as anyone else would face, but what are they?

Also' date=' let us say that, for some reason, Vice President Kinsey attacks the President and knocks him out. Who gets to determine what happens to Kinsey and what carages can he face? I know they're the same as anyone else would face, but what are they?[/quote']

If my American Government classes serve me well... then the Speaker of the House is third in line. Lets us not forget that if the Vice President attacked the President.. the Secret Service would take the VP into custody and I the SotH would take over...

If anybody knows for sure.. let me know

If my American Government classes serve me well... then the Speaker of the House is third in line. Lets us not forget that if the Vice President attacked the President.. the Secret Service would take the VP into custody and I the SotH would take over...

If anybody knows for sure.. let me know

Fortunately for Mr Kinsey, the President was out cold for only one minute.

Major General Hammond has been promoted to Lieutenant General and made Chief of Homeworld Security. I suspect that his replacement, Dr. Elizabeth Weir, who was recomended by Mr. Kinsey, would order Major Thomas Castleman, USMC, to arest Mr. Kinsey, with whatever force is necessary, on attempted murder and toss him into a maximum-security cell and make sure he can't harm anyone, including himself.

The major informs Kinsey that he's under arrest, reads him his rights and orders him to cooperate, or the security officers will become disrespectful.

Kinsey swings his fists at Major Castleman, the Secret Service agents behind him and nearby base personal, including SG-1. SG-1 becomes disrespectful and Kinsey's head has a run in with the wall. Kinsey wakes up, in restraint, in the infirmary.

A Secret Service agent tells Dr. Weir that Kinsey should be in their custody when Dr. Frasier's done with him. She has no objections.