Critique and Help...

Jkeown

Here's Cherub, the basic concept, anyway...

I got a new texture "Ayame" and decided to re-do the render, and I beleive someone wanted to start seeing stats for all this pics...

Thoughts: Zen Riflery and the Cyber-wings... shooting feathers? Too Silly? Too "Angel After Whathisname Got To Him?"

OIF - Cyber-wings Can they be removed? How about surgically"

Her skillset? Too Batman-like?

Cherub

Player:

Val** Char*** Cost
15** STR 5
20** DEX 30
15** CON 10
11** BODY 2
13** INT 3
13** EGO 6
15** PRE 5
16** COM 3
4** PD 1
4** ED 1
5** SPD 20
6** REC 0
35** END 3
35** STUN 8
*6"**RUN02"**SWIM03"**LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 97

Cost** Power END
17** Cyber-wings: Flight 15", x4 Noncombat (35 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2), OIF (Cyber-wings; -1/2)* 3
20** Cyber-wings Pinions: HKA 2d6 (3d6 w/STR) (30 Active Points); OIF (Cyber-wings; -1/2)* 3
30** Pinion Launcher: RKA 2d6, Armor Piercing (+1/2) (45 Active Points); OIF (Cyber-wings; -1/2)* 4
Powers Cost: 67

Cost** Martial Arts Maneuver
4** Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort*
4** Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort*
4** Smash/Thrust: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, Weapon +2 DC Strike*
5** Takeaway: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab Weapon, 25 STR / 10 STR to take weapon away*
4** Accurate Shot: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -2 DCV, Range +2, Weapon Strike*
4** Basic Shot: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, Range +2, Weapon +2 DC Strike*
3** Defensive Shot: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +2 DCV, Range +0, Weapon Strike*
5** Distance Shot: 1+1 Phase, +0 OCV, -2 DCV, Range +6, Weapon Strike, +1 Segment*
3** Diving Shot: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, Range +1, Weapon Strike, Half Move Required, You Fall*
5** Far Shot: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, -1 DCV, Range +4, Weapon Strike*
3** Leg Shot: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, -1 DCV, Range +0, Weapon +2 DC Strike, Throw*
4** Offensive Shot: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Range +0, Weapon +4 DC Strike*
4** Quick Shot: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, Range +0, Weapon +2 DC Strike*
4** Trained Shot: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +0 DCV, Range +0, Weapon Strike*
0** Weapon Element: Clubs (Hand-to-Hand Maneuvers only)*
1** Weapon Element: Thrown Knives, Axes, and Darts*
1** Weapon Element: Bayonets*
1** Weapon Element: Empty Hand (Takeaway Maneuver only)*
Martial Arts Cost: 59

Cost** Skill
3** Acrobatics 13-*
3** Breakfall 13-*
10** +2 with Ranged Combat*
3** Navigation 12-*
3** Concealment 12-*
3** Bugging 12-*
3** Acting 12-*
3** Lipreading 12-*
3** Lockpicking 13-*
3** Mechanics 12-*
3** Paramedics 12-*
3** Persuasion 12-*
3** Shadowing 12-*
3** Security Systems 12-*
3** Stealth 13-*
3** Streetwise 12-*
3** Tracking 12-*
3** Weaponsmith 12-*
Skills Cost: 61

Cost** Talent
12** Combat Luck (6 PD/6 ED)*
Talents Cost: 12

Total Character Cost: 296

Val** Disadvantages
25** Enraged: Berserk When innocents are harmed (Uncommon), go 11-, recover 11-*
15** Hunted: Cybernetically-powered Supervillian of your choice) 11- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)*
25** Psychological Limitation: Overly Protective of City's Inhabitants (Very Common, Total)*
20** Psychological Limitation: Code Vs Killing (Very Common, Strong)*
15** Reputation: Vigillante, 14-*
15** Social Limitation: Public ID (Frequently, Major)*
0** Social Limitation: Goth Poser (Occasionally, Minor, Not Limiting In Some Cultures)*
5** Unluck: 1d6*
15** Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x Effect Electrical (Very Common)*

Disadvantage Points: 135

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Re: Critique and Help...

Am I misreading that, or is that Cvk, Protective of Innocents, and Berserk?

If you didn't want to be so "Angel after whatshisname got through with him" you could sacrifice some of the MA to get an OIF Bladeshooter or something. Personally, I think it works as is.

You've got some points left, give the poor girl some defenses! She'll thank you for it.

[EDIT] woops, missed the Combat Luck. And I do tend to over-defense my characters, anyway.

Nice render, btw. I'm stil trying to get accessories and clothing to associate and go where they're supposed to be.

Berserk will attack any target until they recover, but the lesser form enraged is fine with protective of innocents (5th even lists "when innocents are threatened" as an example condition).

If surgery is required to remove the wings, focus doesn't apply to them. Restrainable is fine on them though.

Other suggestions for the character:

1) Put the 2 KA's into a multipower, and add a "wing buffet" attack (+X dice, hand-to-hand attack), so you have a non-killing option.

2) Increase Dex and Con some. Easy to justify with cybernetic modifications (Neural enhancers, muscle grafts, etc)

3) Add some extra defense (PD/ED/Damage resistance, or be simple and just buy it as armor). Easy to explain again with the cybernetics (subdermal armor, skin weave).

I wouldn't add restrainable to 2 and 3, but the wing attack multipower could take it.

Nothing wrong with the skill set, if that's what's appropriate to the concept. I do think there may be too many martial maneuver though. Do you see yourself potentially using all of them? Also, distance shot and far shot are probably not useful; the RKA is range 225, so an extra +4 or +6 to the range doesn't really add anything meaningful (with the hex map we use in our campaign, that's over 4 maps away from where you're standing).

Kelcyron

Nice render' date=' btw. I'm stil trying to get accessories and clothing to associate and go where they're supposed to be.[/quote']

Are you using Poser or DAZ|Studio? If you've got D|S, I'll help where I can... I don't know Poser all that well...

Thanks for the advice... when my Champs game starts back up (we're playing Star HERO atm...) she'll be a welcome NPC for the PCs to play off of.

Are you using Poser or DAZ|Studio? If you've got D|S, I'll help where I can... I don't know Poser all that well...

Thanks for the advice... when my Champs game starts back up (we're playing Star HERO atm...) she'll be a welcome NPC for the PCs to play off of.

I think your excellent art is the reason I just got started with Daz. I have Poser 4, it was a gift years ago but I never took the time to figure it out. This Daz program is so much better you got me looking into it again. It's not quite as easy as Sims 2 nor does it have the huge array of free downloads, but hopefully that will change as more people use it and begin to share their work. I have a couple of characters I would really like to get into Daz and I hope I can get up to your level someday. BTW, how long have you been using it?

I have a couple of characters I would really like to get into Daz and I hope I can get up to your level someday. BTW' date=' how long have you been using it?[/quote']

Thank you for the compliment. I've been into DAZ for about 3 months, maybe...