New Character Render - Heroine or...?

Jkeown

Balena... The Italian Mistress of Lightning...

Um... Armor? Energy Blast... High COM... and fog... lots of fog... Oh... and I think the hair counts as a 50 pt DF. You have to do Monica Belucci when playing her as an NPC... "Kees Mee..."

Just a reminder... All of my Hero Boards pics are public domain.. I won't freak if I see you at Gencon (Here in Indy this August) with Balena on a t-shirt...

Re: New Character Render - Heroine or...?

Jkeown,

I know you are using the DAZ|Studio due to your previous post (very excellent work by the way).

If you don't mind me asking a few questions, what Figure are you using in addition to just using the Studio?

I use to play around with Poser v4.01 back in the day.

You have inspired me to re-install some of my old rendering programs.

How do you like DAZ|Studio? Have you ever used Poser? If you have used Poser do you find DAZ|Studio easier to use?

Thanks in Advance

If you don't mind me asking a few questions, what Figure are you using in addition to just using the Studio?

The little lady is Aiko3. I also have Victoria3, Michael3, The Freak, The Girl... a dragon, a wyvern, some dinosauria, and Aiko3's boyfriend, Hiro3. The reason I use Aiko so much is that most of my investment is in her gear and clothes. If I had V3 & M3's bodysuits, I'd do more "traditional" renders, but I think using Aiko & Hiro for Champions gives me a unique style. Not many American artists do Manga styled stuff... (What... like Adam Warren? I can't name another...)

How do you like DAZ|Studio? Have you ever used Poser? If you have used Poser do you find DAZ|Studio easier to use?

I love D|S... I have never tried Poser, and probably won't ... D|S and Photoshop 5.0.2 seem fine... D|S is free... why change?

I use both - I've been on the DAZ|Studio beta tester program for ... oh from the time before you could use it at all and have used Poser from V.3.

Personally, I find DAZ|Studio to be a little harder to use and less stable, although it has some features that Poser 4.0 did not have - multiple viewpoints, for example. It is also generally good at exporting figures and has a nicer rendering engine than Poser 4.0. It's still worse at control of textures though and makes it even worse by storing everything in propriatary formats - I HATE that.

On the other hand, you can't beat the price!

My take is: DAZ|Studio is about as good as Poser 4.0. It has a different style, which leads to a steeper learning curve. Poser 5.0 was bug-riddled mess: too many new features, too unstable. Poser 6.0 is significantly more powerful than DAZ|Studio. It's added better texturing, multiple library support, cloth simulation (which I love) - but also costs about 250 USD! (although the upgrade costs only about 150 USD, if you have poser 4.0)

cheers, Mark

Jkeown,

Thanks for the info. I think I'll check out DAZ|Studio (Since it is Free).

Markdoc,

Thanks for your views. I was thinking of Upgrading to Poser v5.0, but held back. I hadn't been out to Curious Labs Website in a long while.

Thanks for the Info on Poser Version 6.0; I didn't even know it existed.

One of the big things about poser 5 and 6 is the ability to do cloth!

OK, might not sound like such a big deal, but when you have characters who have cloaks (Shut up, Em!), it makes a big difference being able to wrap the cloak around them instead of sticking it on the back like a piece of cardboard.

Here's a render from last night (my back up character - a martial artist/mage type for our current game) to show what I mean...

Cheers, Mark

One of the big things about poser 5 and 6 is the ability to do cloth!

OK, might not sound like such a big deal, but when you have characters who have cloaks (Shut up, Em!), it makes a big difference being able to wrap the cloak around them instead of sticking it on the back like a piece of cardboard.

Here's a render from last night (my back up character - a martial artist/mage type for our current game) to show what I mean. It's a straight render - no photoshop or nuffink

Cheers, Mark

I love the Magician.

Little Miss Folgiore is a bit underage looking for my tatses to have such a skimpy uniform. I must insist on Larger shorts at least.

I, too, love the Magician...

As to Balena, she looks that way cuz that's how Anime works... 35 yr old women look 15... and so do the guys... For Example check out this render, "Where there's Smoke, there's Fire..."

Bleys is always upstaging and getting in Myst's way. He'd rather blow a door off the hinges than to pick the lock or let Myst desol get them in. And he takes all the reporter's questions and generally makes a show of everything.

Well if you like the magician, here's my current character from the same game - a berserker type with priestly powers.

A typical exchange in this game.

Miranda (my wife's character) "Why did you go in there? I said there might be an ambush!"

Grim (My character) "Yeah. That's WHY I went in."

It's sad to note that although he behaves exactly like a barbarian berserker, he's actually the good guy in the party. :eek:

Cheers, Mark