My Star Wars Force Powers

Herolover

Well, I guess itis that time of the year again. Time for Star Wars.

I am working on a Star Wars campaign and redoing my old Star Wars conversion and now I am up to Powers.

So, I am going to post my ideas on some of the classic Star Wars powers. One thing I am not going to do for my powers is put any type of Requires Skill Roll Limitation on them. That is easy to go back and add no matter how I or any one wants to do it. What I am looking for is critiques on how I did the powers and suggestions for other/better ways to write the powers up for Star Wars Hero.

Power END
3 Battlemind (Learner): +1 with OCV (5 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2) 1
7 Empathy (Learner): Telepathy 4d6 (20 Active Points); Receive Only (-1/2), Eye Contact Required (-1/2), Empathy (-1/2), Does Not Provide Mental Awareness (-1/4) 2
20 Affect Mind (Learner): Multipower, 30-point reserve, (30 Active Points); all slots Gestures (-1/4), Limited Range 5" (-1/4)
1u 1) Sight and Hearing Groups Images 1" radius, +/-2 to PER Rolls (21 Active Points); Gestures (-1/4), Limited Range 5" (-1/4) 2
1u 2) Mind Control 6d6 (30 Active Points); Eye Contact Required (-1/2), Gestures (-1/4), Does Not Provide Mental Awareness (-1/4), Normal Range (-1/4), Limited Range 5" (-1/4) 3
14 Enhance Ability (Novice): Aid to STR or DEX 2d6, Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per Minute; +1/4) (25 Active Points); Self Only (-1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) 2

Power END
3 Enhanced Senses (Learner): +2 PER with all Sense Groups (6 Active Points); 1 Continuing Charge lasting 20 Minutes (-1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) 1
9 Farseeing: Retrocognitive Clairsentience (Hearing And Sight Groups), Single Dimension (60 Active Points); 1 Continuing Charge lasting 1 Extra Phase (-1 1/2), Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), Character May Take No Other Actions, -1 1/2), Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (0 DCV; Character is totally unaware of nearby events; -1 1/2), Time Modifiers (-1/2), Vague and Unclear (-1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) 6

Some of the powers might seem a little low in abilty and active points. This is because they are for beginner. I will have other powers to represent better characters. Well there you go what do you think?

Re: My Star Wars Force Powers

First thanks for those list. I have been looking at list you have done and the list that Questionman has out for places to look for information on Star Wars Hero. They have been a great help.

I do not feel I am throwing anything out just that I have found that everyone makes the force VPP's or comes up with the rules and a few powers, but it doesn't appear to me that everyone gets all the powers. Usually they just hit a few that go for thier campaign.

I am trying, in my small way, to get a single list of Force Powers that could be used with any Force Power system. Think of this as a Grimoir or USPD of Force Powers. That is why I didn't put RSR on the powers because some people feel you need it and some don't.

If you're using anything from New Jedi Order, later in the series Jacen Solo discovers Light Side Jedi can project a green force lightning that can only stun. Luke just reaches out and puts a little shock to the nervous system to knock out dangerous animals.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the replies. I to go away for the weekend' date=' but will post more on Monday.[/quote']

Made any additional progress? I really like what you've done so far, and the concept of having a single, comprehensive "grimoire" / set of Force abilities usable in any Force construct in Hero is a really good one. Please keep up the great work!

Guest WhammeWhamme

If you're using anything from New Jedi Order' date=' later in the series Jacen Solo discovers Light Side Jedi can project a green force lightning that can only stun. Luke just reaches out and puts a little shock to the nervous system to knock out dangerous animals.[/quote']

What happened to "A Jedi uses the force only for knowledge and defense, never to attack."?

(quote may not be word for word)

What happened to "A Jedi uses the force only for knowledge and defense, never to attack."?

(quote may not be word for word)

One of the biggest criticisms of the "expanded universe" is that many, many of the stories either outright contradict the movies or take them into places that lose the Star Wars feel.

I think you might dispense with Force Choke. Seems to me it's just a Dark application of Telekinesis with Fine Manipulation.

I'd say it's a version of TK w/fine manipulation period.

Luke actually uses it on the pig guards when he enters Jabba's palace in RotJ. He doesn't kill them, he lets go after they back off.

Which is the difference between a Jedi and a Sith methinks.

In Episode III they say that a Jedi think outward, about the people.

The Sith think Inward, only of themselves.

Which is clearly crap, because Anakin's motivation for becoming sith is thinking of someone else, and Yoda explicitly encourages Anakin to leave his emotional ties to other people behind. Just one of many, many inconsistencies in that terrible film. I also refer you to the following:

http://archive.gamespy.com/comics/dorktower/archive.asp?nextform=viewcomic&id=1024