NPC concept in progress....help needed

Badger

Well on my way to work today I was driving in a storm. Anyway, after it stopped rainbow came out which made me think of the ROY G BIV from elementary school. Which started me on a character concept I have been mulling over since (slow day at work). Anyway, the concept I got is of a villain that can split into 7 different personas (relative to the 7 colors). I've got bits of pieces for my character thought so far:

Background:

Name: Noah Cushing born February 29, 1916.

- much was known about the supers fighting in Europe, but he was one of the few supers that clashed in the Pacific w/ Japanese supers with little recognition.

- he was a darkness/ shadow manipulator named Nightstorm (lame name but trying to go with something with darkness AND rain oriented)

- late in the war with the Japanese military desperate, they sent one of their elite squads (Japanese for rainbow, but dont know term) was apparently sent to eliminate the top American super in the Pacific theater (Superman type).

- Reality of their mission, was that they had been "cursed", the goal was for them to lose. With their loss, their "essences" were to possess the body of said super, to which it was hoped that through him they would defeat the Americans

- Unfortunately, through some twist of fate, they met up with Nightstorm. Who somehow cunningly did away with them. And unfotunately he was taken possession of.

- He disappeared however, and later re-emerged as a villain (possible yakuza super-assassin) He seemed to have taken control of the others too to become the dominant persona of this odd mixture.

- Basically he only ages at 1/8 of the rate of a normal human (side effect of the curse). Which explains why a WWII vet is hanging around looking like he is in his mid-late thirty)

But to the powers:

Right now, his basic form would be dressed in black. With darkness related powers. But his big power is a Drain. What the drain does is "feed" off of the loss BODY and STUN inflicted by his allies and henchmen (as well as himself) and goes into an some END pool. Once that reaches a certain level, he has the ability to become the 7 colors. Each a separate fighter/style what have you. Note: Not sure if I will go with just 7 or if he stays as an 8th fighter. But nevertheless they have Mind Link with each other (the better to coordinate with)

One thing I do need help with is creating those 7. I also want that group to be diverse (my thinking is 4 males, 2 females, and 1 monster/demon/alien/what have you) and also different types of powers (i.e. a regular type team, not 7 clones of each other)

I also have no idea how to create this ability to split. Duplication doesnt work in my mind (not exactly alike). Could this be summon? multiform? transform?

And any ideas on the background could also help. This was more of an outline than a detailed coherent back story.

And if it is a lame concept.....well I tried. :(

Re: NPC concept in progress....help needed

In 4th Edition, there was a villain team called Spectrum that were rainbow-based. You could use them for inspiration ... quick outlines given here in ROY G BIV order.

RAGE: A huge, burly, red-skinned brick, with The Hulk's temperament.

HOTSHOT: A smug, condescending heat generator.

LIGHTSHOW: An annoyingly perky light blaster.

SLIME: An acid-dripping, bitter, mutated slug-woman cross.

BLUESTREAK: 'Good Ol' Boy' southern football player speedster.

(No Indigo that I can remember)

PURPLE HASE: A mentalist on drugs (duuuuude).

HEATSEEKER/NIMBUS: Representing Infrared/Ultraviolet is a Multiform/Multiple Personality Disorder, where Heatseeker is a red crystalline psycho-killer who can phase through matter, and Nimbus is a holy(er-than-though) flying blaster.

They were led by Prism, who had a fairly basic battlesuit design, including a cloaking device. They were actually very fun villains, if a bit campy.

And you can alter duplicates with Duplication, it just becomes phenomenally expensive. ;)

- late in the war with the Japanese military desperate, they sent one of their elite squads (Japanese for rainbow, but dont know term) was apparently sent to eliminate the top American super in the Pacific theater (Superman type).

:(

niji

(n) rainbow

shuniji

(n) primary rainbow

fukuniji

(n) secondary rainbow

nijiiro

(n) rainbow-colored

hakkou

(n) (rare) white rainbow

kougie

(n) literary rainbow

I found this at http://linear.mv.com/cgi-bin/j-e/dict. :cheers:

I think a summon wmight be the best way to go. Not that point concerns are TOO much of an issue when dealing w/ NPCs, so long as the general concept works. Whether or not the original character remains seems to be more of a side effect than anything - whether you go duplication or summon.

Thanks for the help as usual. I have thought of most of the characters for the colors so far (actually all but Indigo and Violet, but green,yellow, and red I am not completely sold on)

So far:

Red- old guy w/ pyrokinetic powers

Orange- looking at a Japanese to English translation thing orange seemed to have trouble translating, so I thought of a German S.S. "rune witch". Captured by Russians and sent to Siberia for "experiments" escaped to ally Japan. She didnt much like joining up with these guys but since she couldnt get back to Germany easily, puts up with it...for now.

Yellow- ki-using martial artists, maybe a low-powered DBZ type

Green- rural Japanese farmer with plant-based powers/animal-summoning abilities

Blue- Sentient Chinese "seadragon" who off the coast of Manchuria during Chinese-Japanese conflicts eggs were destroyed by (most likely accidently) Chinese soldiers. Heartbroken her hatred caused her to ally with Japanese for revenge purposes.

Indigo-

Violet-

(possibly thinking twins for Indigo and Violet)

Note: forgot to mention: These 7 for all they know still think the war is still going on.

Thanks for the help as usual. I have thought of most of the characters for the colors so far (actually all but Indigo and Violet, but green,yellow, and red I am not completely sold on)

So far:

Red- old guy w/ pyrokinetic powers

Orange- looking at a Japanese to English translation thing orange seemed to have trouble translating, so I thought of a German S.S. "rune witch". Captured by Russians and sent to Siberia for "experiments" escaped to ally Japan. She didnt much like joining up with these guys but since she couldnt get back to Germany easily, puts up with it...for now.

Yellow- ki-using martial artists, maybe a low-powered DBZ type

Green- rural Japanese farmer with plant-based powers/animal-summoning abilities

Blue- Sentient Chinese "seadragon" who off the coast of Manchuria during Chinese-Japanese conflicts eggs were destroyed by (most likely accidently) Chinese soldiers. Heartbroken her hatred caused her to ally with Japanese for revenge purposes.

Indigo-

Violet-

(possibly thinking twins for Indigo and Violet)

Note: forgot to mention: These 7 for all they know still think the war is still going on.

I looked up the definition of "Indigo" in the dictionary, but it didn't help much. However I seem to remember a jazz? composition entitled "Mood Indigo" so how about a mentalist or emotion controller ? Violet could always be an invisbility type perhaps with desolid or something ? That's all I can suggest for now .