Do That Vodoo That You Do So Well

Edsel

One of the characters in my Dark Champions game, which has a horror element to it, has a character that is a vodoo practitioner. He is part of the vigilante/monster hunter team. Last night we cooked up this for Vodoo Zombie Powder.

Zombie Powder: Suppress SPD 2d6 (standard effect: 6 points), Limited Power Lasts 12 to 48 Hours (+0), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Uncontrolled (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2), 4 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Hour each (+1/2) (27 Active Points); Extra Time (6 Hours, Brewing Time; -3 1/2), OAF Fragile (Powder; -1 1/4), Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (0 DCV; Throughout brewing; -1), Gradual Effect (5 Minutes; -3/4), No Range (-1/2), Requires Vodoo Roll (-1/2), Conditional Power No effect aganist those with magical defences or non-human metabolisms (-1/4). Notes: Tetrodotoxin powder.

Active Points: 27 Real Cost: 3

This gives the character 4 doses of the powder that he can use. The victims will have 6 points of SPD cumulatively suppressed every 5 minutes over the next hour. This will suppress up to 72 active points of SPD (anyone of up to 7 SPD or less will eventually be immobilized in a catatonic tance). The effects last between 12 and 48 hours base upon how well the Vodoo guy makes his Vodoo power roll (and on how potent he aims for this batch to be). The player does not get to make his Vodoo power roll until he attempts to use a dose of the powder, so he doesn't know if he's made a good batch until he tries to use it. Due to its slow effect it is not really a combat weapon. The idea is that the powder is blown in to the target's face (a melee attack is required), or placed in the victim's food, or perhaps their shoe (absorbed through the skin). Once the victim succumbs the vigilantes can go and pick-up the victim for whatever pupose they have in mind.

Has anybody else made-up any vodoo-like magic that would like to share? I am hunting for ideas. Perhaps vodoo dolls to allow a person to track their subject, sort of like an electronic tracer does, etc. I don't want anything too powerful.

Re: Do That Vodoo That You Do So Well

For further 'hoodoouni' material, I suggest getting Vibora Bay and take a look at at Brother Thunder's write-up. He has some fairly good mechanics for a low-powered magical hero--nothing fancy, but well worth noting just for the variety of effects.

Re: Do That Vodoo That You Do So Well

For further 'hoodoouni' material' date=' I suggest getting Vibora Bay and take a look at at Brother Thunder's write-up. He has some fairly good mechanics for a low-powered magical hero--nothing fancy, but well worth noting just for the variety of effects.[/quote']

That dawned on me a little while ago, I even have that book. Of course I am at work now but I'll look him over closely this evening.