The Hand's Death

Hiya Gang,

Working on something akin to The Hand (of Daredevil & Elektra fame) and got to thinking about the way they dissolve after death. Anyone have any build ideas on this? Would it be a Susc: 3d6 Transform?

Re: The Hand's Death

3 point perk at most.

1D6 EB AOE Explosion +1/2, Severe side effect always happens "disentigration" -2, Trigger "I die" +1/4.

You could even do it as a minor Shape change self into dust or a Images to create red light with the same master construct.

SFX and background. Just how it that useful without always being a hinderance?

"Officer, officer! There's some funky nasty dudes over there who tried to kill my family but this other funky dude came out and kill them all. I saw the whole thing come look..."

"Killed people, huh? Where are the bodies?"

or maybe...

"HAHAHAHA! Once your dead I'll be in control of you men and I'll be one step higher to ruling our entire organization!"

"But if you kill me, our leaders will retaliate against you!"

"Sure, right after they find your body, sure, uh-hu."

Desolidification; Trigger: Death, trigger, "always resets" (+1/4); Reduced End Cost: 0 End (+1/2); Persistant (+1/2); Only Works When Dead (-2);

If the character were something like a Vampire that could come back to life (e.g. Resurrection Regeneration), this would even make horribly good sense. If not: eh; probably a bit expensive. I'd say make the, "Only Works When Dead," a bigger Limitation (probably huge, in fact) if the character isn't likely to be able to come back at all in your campaign.

:)

Desolidification; Trigger: Death, trigger, "always resets" (+1/4); Reduced End Cost: 0 End (+1/2); Persistant (+1/2); Only Works When Dead (-2);

If the character were something like a Vampire that could come back to life (e.g. Resurrection Regeneration), this would even make horribly good sense. If not: eh; probably a bit expensive. I'd say make the, "Only Works When Dead," a bigger Limitation (probably huge, in fact) if the character isn't likely to be able to come back at all in your campaign.

:)

This reminds me of one of the Myth novels (Robert Asprin), where one of the characters was accused of murder in a dimension of vampires. The proof of the murder was that there was no body. If there was a body, the vampire wouldn't be dead would he? They kept trying to suggest that maybe the vampire was hiding, but no one would believe it.

This reminds me of one of the Myth novels (Robert Asprin)' date=' where one of the characters was accused of murder in a dimension of vampires. The proof of the murder was that there was no body. If there was a body, the vampire wouldn't be dead would he? They kept trying to suggest that maybe the vampire was hiding, but no one would believe it.[/quote']

Yeah! I love those books! They are so cheesy!

Hiya Gang,

Working on something akin to The Hand (of Daredevil & Elektra fame) and got to thinking about the way they dissolve after death. Anyone have any build ideas on this? Would it be a Susc: 3d6 Transform?

Simpler would be...

57 Self-Destruct Mechanism: RKA 7d6 (standard effect: 21 BODY, 42 STUN), Trigger (Activating the Trigger is an Action that takes no time, Trigger requires a Turn or more to reset; death; +1/4), NND (ED Force Field; +1), Does BODY (+1) (341 Active Points); 1 Charge which Never Recovers (-4), Self Only (-1) [1 nr]

Or, if you want to rule that this would automatically bypass defenses:

22 Self-Destruct Mechanism: RKA 7d6 (standard effect: 21 BODY, 42 STUN), Trigger (Activating the Trigger is an Action that takes no time, Trigger requires a Turn or more to reset; death; +1/4) (131 Active Points); 1 Charge which Never Recovers (-4), Self Only (-1) [1 nr]
Of course, you would call it something else...

You would also tailor the size of the RKA to match the character's BODY... assuming you would stat this out at all... otherwise, you could just do as a plot device (also remember, that as a GM, points should not get in the way of a good plot design).

You could probably even call it a Minor (or even Cosmetic, depending on how useful a corpse is in your campaign) Transform. After all, there is no life in the body. It has no real function. The only thing you can really do with it (aside from possibly resurrection, some kind of necromancy, or bizarre strange science) is study it. Is changing it to dust or some such thing really changing it all that much--except for its appearence, that is?

For the insectoid minions of an extra-dimensional Overlord in my game, it wrote it as:

Physical Limitation: Body dissolves into goo after having been taken to -20 or more STUN, or -10 or more BODY (Infrequent, totally impairing)

I think its best to write this as a Disad, since otherwise youre making the poor schlubs pay points so that they can be disposable.

Also, note that the way I wrote it, it affects them at -20 Stun. That way they are harder to capture for interrogation. (Their boss thinks of them as disposable, anyway).