The Power of Unbelief...

Jkeown

Unbelieving: RKA 4d6 (60 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses almost all of its effectiveness (Only if cast before target interacts with caster; -2), Requires An EGO Roll (-1), Beam (-1/4) Real Cost: 14

I'm working on a Professional Package Deal for Caleon that involves "Not Believing" as a source of magical power. Is this a decent simulation of not buying into an objects existance? Other powers might be defensive in nature. "Oh... you did not just shoot that green **** at me..."

Thoughts?

Re: The Power of Unbelief...

Whatcha think? Too wacky? Too normal? I picture Disputers as academics who go too far in their denial of things and draw power from it...

Disputer PPD

Cost** Power END
5** +5 INT*
6** +3 EGO*
5** +5 PRE*
** Optional Powers*
3** 1) Deny Spell: Dispel 10d6 (30 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses almost all of its effectiveness (Only if cast before target interacts with caster; -2), Requires An EGO Roll (-3/4)* 3
4** 2) Deny the Pain: Healing BODY 2d6 (20 Active Points); Requires An EGO Roll (-3/4)* 2
4** 3) I Am Not Here: Desolidification (40 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses almost all of its effectiveness (Does not work against things that have touched caster.; -2), Requires An EGO Roll (-3/4)* 4
7** 4) I Am REALLY Not Here: Teleportation 10", MegaScale (1" = 10 km; +1/2), Can Be Scaled Down 1" = 1km (+1/4) (35 Active Points); Requires A EGO Roll (-3/4)* 3
4** 5) Oh, no you didn't...: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack) (20 Active Points); Requires An EGO Roll (-3/4)* 0
5** 6) Unbelieving: RKA 4d6 (60 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses almost all of its effectiveness (Only if cast before target interacts with caster; -2), Requires An EGO Roll (-3/4), Beam (-1/4)* 6
Powers Cost: 43

Cost** Skill
3** Acting 12-*
3** Bureaucratics 12-*
3** Conversation 12-*
3** Deduction 12-*
2** KS: General Science 11-*
3** Oratory 12-*
3** Persuasion 12-*
3** Seduction 12-*
3** Streetwise 12-*
2** Survival (Urban) 12-*
Skills Cost: 28

Cost** Perk
1** Favor*
1** Contact 8-*
Perks Cost: 2

Total Character Cost: 73

Val** Disadvantages
5** Reputation: Contentious and Skeptical (Rarely invited to parties and such), 8-*
15** Psychological Limitation: Overly-critical (Common, Strong)*
10** Distinctive Features: Uniform (Easily Concealed; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)*

Disadvantage Points: 30

Re: The Power of Unbelief...

I think that the unbelivning power is a little to powerfull and I don't have the books but I don't think that you can use the beam limitation on an RKA.

The idea however is funny but in a good way.

RKA can be spread to the beam limitation should be allowed.