Vibora Bay and Hurricane Ivan

Benzini

Re: Vibora Bay and Hurricane Ivan

There are no updates for anything in the CU. Each book is considered set as of the time it's written. Any historical events which happen after it is written are up to the GM to either include or not. If you want to include Ivan you can but you won't see any official mention of it, unless it's in the CU update coming out next year.

Well, we do have an official Champions Universe Update book tentatively scheduled for 2006 release. Perhaps that will include some mention of VB and Ivan.

I wouldn't be surprised if Brother Thunder and Sister Rain were able to diminish the effects of Ivan on Vibora Bay.

Hurricanes do happen on Vibora Bay, but I suspect its inherent magical protections gives it minimal effects (ie., broken windows, soggy floors, occasional roof collapse, but no wide-spread devastation.) This is from my own experiences from all four--I live in Orange County down there, where three of them have left their mark there, at least.

But this is all GM's fiat--if he wants widespread devastation, he'll do it and give outs to every of his supers to stop it. :)

At the risk of sounding snarky (which most definitely is not my intention!), if you read VB closely you'll see Ivan mentioned on page 16. "He" is also in the Index under both "Hurricanes" and "Ivan."

The timing on VB was just right to let me include info on last year's 'canes. ;)

At the risk of sounding snarky (which most definitely is not my intention!), if you read VB closely you'll see Ivan mentioned on page 16. "He" is also in the Index under both "Hurricanes" and "Ivan."

The timing on VB was just right to let me include info on last year's 'canes. ;)

Oh sure. Pick on us that either don't have it or it's in storage...