Character: Dr. Moreau

Susano

Re: Character: Dr. Moreau

I debated that, but asked a few people what STR they would give to allow Moreau to toss around a grown man like was a small child. We thought 15, but decided 18 allowed for a more cinematic/pulp effects.

I like it just the way it it is. Concider it snagged. Great work Susano. Still some time before I can give you more Rep.

So where are your Usagi Yojimbo "to Hero Conversions & Adaptations" or in this case your Indiana Jones Anthropomorphics/Furry Characters?

I gotta get back to the UY stuff...

Only 13 for his INT? I'd make it 18, easy.

YMMV.

Why a 13? Because while very smart and possessing advanced skills in surgery, Moreau doesn't come across as a "quick" thinker, per the HERO rules on INT. I almost gave him a 10. See Mr. Cavor for another 13 INT "super"-scientist. On the other hand, The Time Traveller has an 18 INT because he does seem to grasp things quickly, think fast on his feet, and deduce new plans of action in a short period of time.

(Hm... I have the Invisible Man a 23 INT... that might be a bit too much, although he is also a very brilliant and quick thinker.)

Why a 13? Because while very smart and possessing advanced skills in surgery, Moreau doesn't come across as a "quick" thinker, per the HERO rules on INT. I almost gave him a 10. See Mr. Cavor for another 13 INT "super"-scientist. On the other hand, The Time Traveller has an 18 INT because he does seem to grasp things quickly, think fast on his feet, and deduce new plans of action in a short period of time.

(Hm... I have the Invisible Man a 23 INT... that might be a bit too much, although he is also a very brilliant and quick thinker.)

Well, it has been years since I last re-read the book, but as I remember it, Dr. Moreau was quick witted---it was part of the reason he had trouble with authority was being so much smarter and quicker than most. I think Dr. Moreau's eventual problems with the beast-men was his inablity to admit they were getting out of his control, which seems more of a Psych Lim than a merely moderately intelligent INT.

Still, it's only a matter of interpretation. :)

Thank you for doing this work, and sharing it with us. :thumbup:

Well' date=' it has been years since I last re-read the book, but as I remember it, Dr. Moreau was quick witted---it was part of the reason he had trouble with authority was being so much smarter and quicker than most. I think Dr. Moreau's eventual problems with the beast-men was his inablity to admit they were getting out of his control, which seems more of a Psych Lim than a merely moderately intelligent INT.[/quote']

I don't think it was him being "quicker" than most, it was that they (society) couldn't recognize his genius.

And yes, he was pretty blind to the problems with his beast men.