Wanted Poster

GoldenAge

Re: Wanted Poster

You found that picture on the net? Did you do any 'doctoring'?

That pic was a painting for a video game. It was originally black and white. All I did was change the color to red (well, not that simple, but you know what I mean) and add the modified swastika as his earpiece.

I was stunned when I found the pic. I have had the New Reich in my game since the late 80's. The description of their flunkies has always been EXACTLY like that photo! What luck!

Out of curiosity' date=' why the modified swastika? My first thought on it was that it looked like the Spartan symbol. Any direct relation to the change?[/quote']

It has to do with the South African white supremacy movement. In my campaign the world is a bit askew. Epic City is the capitol of the United Societies of America.

What I (and some learned associates) have done is tweak history in those special moments when one action (or martial descision) defines the future. Here's an example:

The World of Epic City and the Civil War

Most people incorrectly state that the Civil War was fought over slavery. That statement is false. While slavery was an important issue in the war, one the Lincoln government brought up frequently to try to stir up feelings against the Confederated Societies and to try to foment rebellion among the southern slaves, it was not the main issue. The main issue and cause of the Civil War was states’ rights.

The United States of America was set up around the premise of a strong central government that set federal taxes for all of its states and had the power to veto or change any laws passed by state governments. The southern states, whose economy relied on agriculture, not industry like the northern states, disagreed with this method of government, believing that each state, and even city, knew best how to govern itself.

On February 19th, 1861, after many years of the federal government of the United States passing laws that benefited the industry of the North while penalizing the agriculture of the South, and the northern states trying to limit or abolish slavery, which the southern states felt was essential for the success of their economy, the Confederated Societies of America was formed and Jefferson Davis was named its first President. In all, 11 southern states secede from the Union and joined the Confederacy. The capital of the Confederated Societies was Richmond, Virginia.

The Civil War raged for 4 years. It is still the costliest war, in terms of lives, that the United Societies has even experienced. Over 3 million people fought in the war, and more than 600,000 died. In the end though, the Confederated Socities of America proved victorious, with Union General Ulysses S. Grant surrendering to Confederate General Robert E. Lee at Appomattox Court House in Virginia on April 9th, 1865. The southern victory is generally attributed to the military genius of General Lee, who succeeded Jefferson Davis to become the second president of the Confederated Societies in 1868.

In large part due to his failure to win the war, Abraham Lincoln was defeated in his bid for reelection by George B. McClellan, one of his own former generals. President McClellan ineffectually led a defeated and demoralized United States until he was assassinated by Jonathan Booth Wilkinson two years into his term. McClellan’s Vice President, George H. Pendelton, held office for two years until he was defeated in the general election by Ulysses S. Grant, the same man who surrendered to Lee four years before.

Roughly five and a half years into the presidencies of Robert E. Lee and Ulysses S. Grant, the two men started talking of reunification. The talks began at the behest of Grant. The United States had fared poorly in the aftermath of the War was in a slow decline. They had also come to rely heavily on trade with their neighbors in the Confederacy to receive food and clothing. Grant felt that only through reunification could his country survive. Lee did not see the need for reunification at first. The Confederated Societies as a whole had become more rich and powerful since the war, something Lee credited to his people’s ability to effectively govern themselves. On their own, they had slowly begun to abolish slavery, eventually turning all slaves into free, paid workers. However, Lee could see that the resources of the United States could be put to good use.

It took many months of talks and much convincing, but Grant was finally able to convince Lee and the governments of the Confederated Societies that reunification would work to the benefit of everyone. On July 4th, 1874, six months after an agreement had been reached, the United States of America and the Confederated Societies of America rejoined to become the United Societies of America. Robert E. Lee was the United Societies’ first president and Ulysses S. Grant was his Vice President. July 4th is now known as Reunification Day.

Okay' date=' thanks for the answer, but pardon me for choking on the Civil War aspect; unless there were supers/mystics, etc. involved, I get queasy anytime I see a generic "the South wins" change. But that's me. YMMV.

This is no generic "the South wins" change. The alteration in history was based on one battle where the North won by pure luck and the foolish descision of a Confederate leader to NOT hurry his troops to the battlefield. I'm sorry, but my friend who's a Civil War buff has all the exact information so I'm short on details. Needless to say, one little military descision by the South done differently and you have a whole different history.

(I'm pretty sure it was General Longstreet at the battle of Gettysburg in regards to this moment: On the Second day of Gettysburg Longstreet faced a problem in command. Having been given orders he did not believe would prove successful; he hesitated, and historians and time are very unforgiving. Had he progressed with enthusiasm and celerity...then what? Could he have pierced the line? Then changing front, rolled up the Federal line?)

BTW: I'm a tried and true Yankee. The thought of a Southern victory chills me to the core.