Play By e-Mail: Submissions for Millennium City

Kirby

Hello!

Well, a little while back I started a poll about a soon to be PBeM and have had 32 votes on it, but only four submissions. I'm thinking some who voted and didn't post might not have noticed the start of submissions, so I'm starting a new thread, just to be safe.

So, without further ado:

Let the submissions begin!

In case one does not have FREd or 5ER, here are the guidelines:

Base Points: 200

Max Disads: 150 (Max from one catagory: 50)

Total: 350 points

Character Guidelines

Characteristics: 10-40

Speed: 3-10

Combat Values: 7-13

Damage Classes: 6-14

Active Points: 40-80

Skill Points: 25-80

Skill Roll: 11-15-

DEF/rDEF: 20/10

NO MUNCHKIN CHARACTERS. :no: Also, don't feel the need to be great in every combat area. You don't need a high DC, high CV, high DEF with skill rolls starting at 15-. If you want to make a character straight off of the Quick Superhuman Generator (Champions starting on page 81), that's fine by me (just give me a heads up on it).

This will be a mostly 4-Color game where most scenarios will have daytime activities: Bright & Colorful characters are good; dark and dreary characters are not-so-good. I'm not looking for super creative unique power builds (if you want to, that's fine) so if you want to create a seemingly unoriginal character sheet write-up (sometimes known as a "vanilla" character), that will work with me, as long as there is a decent background.

Don't stress out over high-detail, book-long backgrounds. The backgrounds provided in HERO books work well for me, up to a page.

Morality: Good vs Bad is mostly clear-cut.

Outlook: Almost everything can work out; more successes than failures.

Seriousness: Seriousness balanced by light-hearted.

Continuity: Yes. :)

Physical World Description: Same as in CU, specifically Millennium City. There will be some additions from previous editions (mainly 4E) included.

Hunteds: Don't take any on 14-. (Watched on 14- is acceptable) I don't have any Galactic Champions/Star HERO books, so please, no alien races hunting you (though an individual from CKC would be acceptable).

Non 5E Hunteds: If you have a character with whom you want to have a previous edition character hunting him, check with me to see if it's okay. I have nearly every 4E book (Alien Enemies is the only one I know I don't have off-hand - and I wants it, precious!), so anyone from Enemies for Hire, Classic Enemies, Enemies International, Watchers of the Dragon, etc. can be used.

Please don't create your own hunted. I really don't want to see something like Hunted: Monks of Zumbra. The only exception to this is: Ninjas! (Because really, who doesn't like to fight ninjas?) But I get to create who the ninjas are (you just tell me the why).

If any of your disadvantages (aside from obvious phys lims & psych lims) aren't explained in your background, please let me know. So, if you have Watched by Dr. Destroyer but don't explain why in your background do let me know elsewhere.

Be happy with your submission!

Send all submissions to: grond.hero@sbcglobal.net

If you have Hero Designer, sending characters as an attachment in .hdc would be super dandy (and preferred!). If you don't have it, that's still okay, send it as the text of the e-mail, cut and paste or as a MS Word .doc to me.

Tenative Deadline: Is 23:59:59 Friday, July, 8. (That's one second before midnight for you civilians). I won't end the deadline earlier, but I might extend it through the weekend if necessary.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

Submissions received so far

Submissions received so far:

Ronin - Bushido themed Martial Artist with a nice special defense. Adult.

Iwashimizu - Linguist, Aikido martial artist; rides a motorcycle, carries a stick and speaks softly. Adult.

Wind Chill - Energy Projector: Ice Powers, flight, 17.

Pinky - Energy Projector: Light Powers, flight, college age teen.

Re: Submissions received so far

What if I create the hunteds? I can be really mean. :D

I would be very leery, but for you I might make an exception. You would have to provide a lot for me. Dang slippery slope.

How often would you need folks to post (I have House guests this week' date=' but hopefully after that I will be able to actually do so semi regularly)[/quote']

Well, this week you don't have to worry about posting. :) I would like for twice a week, but will accept once a week. Once it starts up, I personally will be checking multiple times per day. I also am on Summer Vacation now, so I have lots of free time. For the time being.

Re: Play By e-Mail: Submissions for Millennium City

Here's a question. I don't have anything but 5th at the moment. Would it be alright if I included 2 Hunteds' date=' (say an As Pow 11- and a Less Pow 11-) left them blank and let you fill in anyone who you think would be appropriate?[/quote']

Feel slope sliding... If I can think of where a 5E Millennium City (or at least CU) Hunted would be appropriate, then yes; however, if one doesn't come to mind, I'll let you know and you'll have to provide.

For Millennium City, some generic Hunteds could be:

VIPER

DEMON

PSI

New Purple Gang

Yakuzza (preferably blackmail related)

Ninjas

Lazer

Hazard

This may seem like a dumb question, but can STR go above 40?

Also do you have any house rules that might affect character creation? No called shots? No NND does BODY? No stopsign powers at all? Not that that would stop me, cuz' most of that is cheese, but I want to be on the same page.

I'm about 2/3 done with a Power Armor character called either Redeemer or Psion. If I want a "Repulsor" in each gauntlet, is that full buy + 5 points for other gauntlet or full buy twice?

This may seem like a dumb question' date=' but can STR go above 40?[/quote']

Yes, if you're a brick. :) (A brick could have up to 70.)

Also do you have any house rules that might affect character creation? No called shots? No NND does BODY? No stopsign powers at all? Not that that would stop me' date=' cuz' most of that is cheese, but I want to be on the same page.[/quote']

I'm not limiting anything right now, but if I see something like NND vs "Immunity to Disease," does BODY, then I'll probably nix it. I do look twice on the Exclamation & Stop Sign powers & Advantages, but I'm not forbidding anything. That stated, if you submit a vigilante with lethal attacks and only comes out at night, I'd say "no" because that's not the genre feel I'm going for.

I'm about 2/3 done with a Power Armor character called either Redeemer or Psion. If I want a "Repulsor" in each gauntlet' date=' is that full buy + 5 points for other gauntlet or full buy twice?[/quote']

It depends on how you want it. If it's just a back-up and it is a movement power, then the +5 would work. If it's a linked attack power, I'd allow one, after reviewing, but Six-Arm-Man with a high power weapon and the +5 for the second, and another +5 for multiplier isn't going to cut it carrying six of them.

Kirby' date=' Two of them sent towards you for your perusual.[/quote']

Cool, my first double sender! Must get busy!

I have two others submitted that I haven't responded to yet and need to get to them also. Hopefully I'll have responses by Wednesday morning or evening (I'll be gone during the afternoon).

Cool, my first double sender! Must get busy!

I have two others submitted that I haven't responded to yet and need to get to them also. Hopefully I'll have responses by Wednesday morning or evening (I'll be gone during the afternoon).

No prob. I didn't know how many of what archetypes you were getting, so I sent ya two to pick one from (or both to reject... sniffle :cry: )

Guest Worldmaker

I'll have my submission ready most likely tomorrow. I decided to go the middle route and make a unique vanilla character.

Guest Worldmaker

FYI - I have received the following submissions since the last update:

Bricks (or semi-Bricks):

• Amy Amazing
  • Arachne
  • Colossal
  • Golem
  • Ingot

So Slave is in good company.

Bricks (or semi-Bricks):

• Amy Amazing
  • Arachne
  • Colossal
  • Golem
  • Ingot

Mystics:

• Mister Wyrd

I repeat, I'm glad I sent in the mystic as an option. :)

Bricks (or semi-Bricks):

• Amy Amazing
  • Arachne
  • Colossal
  • Golem
  • Ingot

Mystics:

• Mister Wyrd

Perhaps I held off on Captain Crusader's background too long. THere seems to be no shortage of bricks now...

Okay,

The power went out here during a thunderstorm (though, really, it was because of the lightning) and didn't come back on until 3 PM, so I'm a bit behind now. Since my last update, I've received the following (I've only printed them out, but I haven't looked at them, yet):

Ardor

Captain Coca-Cola

Ezekiel Hammer

Mercurite

Scarlet Archer III

Synapse

T.I.T.A.N.

The ones I've received and have looked at and critiqued are:

Amy Amazing - Flying, fast brick - college age teen

Arachne - Fast, psychic brick - adult

Colossal - growing brick - young adult

Golem - Metal Brick - adult

Ingot - Metal Brick with TUB Brick Tricks- adult

Iwashimizu - Linguist, Aikido martial artist; rides a motorcycle, carries a stick and speaks softly. Adult.

Mister Wyrd - Mystic

Pinky - Energy Projector: Light Powers, flight, college age teen.

Ronin - Bushido themed Martial Artist with a nice special defense. Adult.

Wind Chill - Energy Projector: Ice Powers, flight, 17.

This should be everyone so far. If you've sent in a character that isn't listed, ask me to double check. If you're on the 'already critiqued' list, but didn't receive a response from me, let me know.

Really, some gamer needs to create teleportation devices so we can have more face to face games.

Really' date=' some gamer needs to create teleportation devices so we can have more face to face games.[/quote']

That's the truth. The game that I run is lucky to meet once a month these days because of scheduling conflicts. There are some seriously good gamers on this site that I would love to share a gaming table with but alas, distance separates us...

That's the truth. The game that I run is lucky to meet once a month these days because of scheduling conflicts. There are some seriously good gamers on this site that I would love to share a gaming table with but alas' date=' distance separates us...[/quote']

We need transporters and a HERO Central in a city with good take out/delivery.

Le bump.

So Kirby doesn't lose it. it was drifting ;)

Thanks.

For some heads up. I'll try to get responses to those I haven't tonight; however, if I don't send you something tonight, I'll send you something tomorrow night. I have a 12 hour testing I'm going to help administer tomorrow, for which I'll be leaving at 5:30ish in the morning to go do. (I have to be there NLT 6:30 and live about 20-30 minutes away; testing starts @ 8 am.) So I won't be able send out welcomes and stuff until tomorrow evening at the earliest.

Today was busy with a Dr.'s appointment, lunch, movie (Fantastic Four), and training for tomorrow. I left at 11:10 this morning and got home at a little before 7 PM. I'll also be going to bed early (for me) so that I'll be rested tomorrow.

Hello once again.

Well, testing took a long time and then there were checklists and inventories, but you don't want to hear about that, I'm guessing.

Good news and the bad news. The good news is that the team will consist of six PCs. The bad news is that I've chosen five and am struggling on the sixth; it's a very tight race. The sixth one whom I have yet to decide will be the brick archetype. I will *hopefully* have a decision tomorrow on the brick. I will definitely have one on Monday afternoon (CST).

I will go ahead and list the selected five tonight, and will announce the sixth later. Again, I thank everyone who submitted and I wish this was a face-to-face game as I really enjoyed most submissions. If the group has players drop out (or if I feel I can handle more) later on, I will contact y'all first.

The five members are:

Iwashimizu

Pinky

Ronin

Scarlet Archer III

Wind Chill