A more feminine martial art

Kyle A.

Re: A more feminine martial art

what we need obviously is shotgun wielding samuri' date=' who fight ninjas with katanas[/quote']

Do you mean shotgun-wielding samurai who fight katana-wielding ninjas, or shotgun-wielding samurai who fight, with katana, ninjas?

And regardless, they should be zombie ninjas. Go watch Ninja Scroll, and if you can tell me the locust-wave-of-ninja doesn't kick butt, well... you'll be wrong, but I'll leave you alone about it.:P

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off topic

If you're confident about beating a man with a handgun in single combat starting at twenty feet, you're a braver man than I.

That being said, google for the Tueller Drill, a law enforcement seminar that is supposed to teach judgement in short-range engagements between cops with handguns and violent offenders with knives or other weapons. The rule of thumb seems to be that if the guy with the knife is within twenty feet and you don't already have your gun out and aimed, it's too late.

Even after taking multiple fatal and/or crippling shots from a handgun, many people can continue to advance and attack, due to the effects of andrenaline, shock response, and recreational drug use. It is extremely difficult to reliably take down a human being in less time than it takes for them to close a short gap, even if you have a firearm.

Shotguns and uzis probably give you better odds, but I'm still not tempted to find out.

Oh, and as for the martial art thing, just go with what you think looks cool. There are competent female practitioners of almost every martial art, and I don't see any gender associations any given style's 'look'.