Blast, Burn, Heal

Jkeown

I've always been a big fan of the Ioun Stones from D&D. I don't know who thought them up, or if they're from some obscure mythological source (Or a well-known one I just haven't read), but I like em...

Caleon (and other worlds) might benefit from something not quite like Ioun Stones. Outriders. Like those spinning things we used to get in old 80's era side-scolling video games, they hover nearby, waiting to zap stuff for you.... or heal you. Depending on what it is you have.

http://www.geocities.com/jephkay@sbcglobal.net/outriders.html

Try them for your character or at least give one to an NPC watch the party react to the little spinnie globe that pops out blades and rushes at them...

Re: Blast, Burn, Heal

Very cool. Points for using the term Outrider. There is just something about that word that makes me want to game.

The site you linked to is cool too. A very neat concept. I just started a FH game and these may have to come into play at some point.

Thanks for sharing.

Good stuff Jkeown. Youve really come a long way in your HERO Fu in a short time. Next time I get around to updating my site, I'll be adding a link to yours.

{PS, I secretly love Ioun Stones too -- they were always my favorite Magic Items. Don't tell any one though -- I'd have to deny it to save face. :D }

Good stuff Jkeown. Youve really come a long way in your HERO Fu in a short time. Next time I get around to updating my site' date=' I'll be adding a link to yours.[/quote']

I've got "Adult ADD" (how it's different from the ADD I had as a kid, I'll never know) and I switch gaming systems like some folks change their pants. I am, however, making a concerted effort to avoid d20 and GURPS and do it all myself. Caleon is 20 years old this year, and so the Age of Storms must be special to observe it. Hopefully, HERO is its last incarnation. There's even a diceless version of the game, called "Experimental Roleplay Theatre" that never got past the Combat System. Maybe I'll post it so folks can argue about how close it is to HERO.

But thank you for the compliment. Though I've been playing HERO on and off for 20 years, I never could get organized.... that's the key... Having an audience. That helps. You guys make me a better gamer.

Very cool. Points for using the term Outrider. There is just something about that word that makes me want to game.

The site you linked to is cool too. A very neat concept. I just started a FH game and these may have to come into play at some point.

Thanks for sharing.

No problem. Steal, nick, copy or emulate any of Caleon. I'd love to hear how you twist it to make it work for your world. It's been a steampunk story since 1987, making it (I think) the first Steam-powered fantasy campaign ever. Space 1889 wasn't fantasy. And Iron Kingdoms and Ebberron are just well-done examples of steampunk. Especially Ebberron. The number of similarities is almost... actionable... :)