Villains of the Cult

Icel

Hey,

Next week I'll start running an adventure in HERO for my group, a one-time thing, I just wanted them to try HERO for once instead of the usual D&D. You can view my previous posts on the subject here, here and here.

As I explained in the Power Levels thread, there going to be 4 villains in the adventure. I wish to post them for your review.

The first to be posted is Derek Sid, a Bone Golem. His character was inspired by Kimimaro, a character from the Naruto anime series.

For him, except for review I also need some advise: I want to add in a Magic Resistance power, but I don't know how to do that. I'll love some help.

Derek Sid, Bone Golem (200+150):

Val Char Points Total Roll Notes

20 STR 10 20 13- HTH Damage 4d6 END [2]

15 DEX 15 15 12- OCV 5 DCV 5

15 CON 10 15 12-

13 BODY 6 13 12-

12 INT 2 12 11- PER Roll 11-

8 EGO 16 8 11- ECV: 3

10 PRE 0 10 11- PRE Attack: 2d6

10 COM 0 10 11-

5 PD 1 15/20 15/20 PD (10/15 rPD)

5 ED 2 15/20 15/20 ED (10/15 rED)

3 SPD 5 3 Phases: 4, 8, 12

10 REC 6 10

30 END 0 30

30 STUN -1 30

6" Running 0 12"

0" Swimming -2 0"

4" Leaping 0 4" Total Characteristics Cost: 70

Cost Powers END

33 Unhallowed Mark: Aid 3d6 (standard effect: 9 points), Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per Minute; +1/4), STR, DEX, CON, BODY simultaneously (+1) (67 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, Delayed Phase, -3/4), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) 7

60 Corpse Bone Pathways: Multipower, 90-point reserve, (90 Active Points); all slots Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, Delayed Phase, -1/2)

2u 1) Teshi Sendan, Ten Finger Drilling Bullets: Killing Attack - Ranged 1d6-1, Armor Piercing (+1/2), Autofire (10 shots; +1) (25 Active Points); Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -1/4) 2

4u 2) Tsubaki no Mai, Dance of the Camellia: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6 (2 1/2d6 w/STR), Armor Piercing (+1/2), Autofire (5 shots; +1/2) (60 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, Delayed Phase, -1/2) 6

3u 3) Karamatsu no Mai, Dance of the Larch: (Total: 41 Active Cost, 27 Real Cost) Armor (5 PD/5 ED) (15 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, Delayed Phase, -1/2) (Real Cost: 10) plus Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6 (1 1/2d6 w/STR), Damage Shield (Offensive; +3/4) (26 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, Delayed Phase, -1/2) (Real Cost: 17) 3

4u 4) Tessenka no Mai- Tsuru, Dance of the Clematis- Vine: (Total: 90 Active Cost, 40 Real Cost) Entangle 10d6, 5 DEF (standard effect: 10 BODY, 5 DEF) (75 Active Points); Limited Power Only When Unhallowed Mark Is Active (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, Delayed Phase, -1/2), Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4) (Real Cost: 33) plus Killing Attack - Ranged 1d6 (15 Active Points); Linked (Entangle; -1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, Delayed Phase, -1/2) (Real Cost: 7) 8

4u 5) Tessenka no Mai- Hana, Dance of the Clematis- Flower: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6 (2d6+1 w/STR), No Normal Defense (Force Wall; +1), Does BODY (+1) (90 Active Points); Limited Power Only When Unhallowed Mark Is Active (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, Delayed Phase, -1/2) 9

3u 6) Sawarabi no Mai, Dance of the Young Ferns: Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6, Hole In The Middle (+1/4), Area Of Effect (8" Cone; +1) (67 Active Points); Limited Power Only When Unhallowed Mark Is Active (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, Delayed Phase, -1/2) 7

Golem Qualities

12 1) Fast Movement: Running +6" (12" total) 1

25 2) Clay Carapaces: Armor (10 PD/10 ED), Inherent (+1/4) (37 Active Points); Always On (-1/2) 0

4 3) Clay Carapaces: Touch Group Images 1" radius, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (10 Active Points); Set Effect (Make Clay Carapaces Feels Like Real Skin; -1), Always On (-1/2) 0

15 4) Automaton (Cannot Be Stunned) 0

15 5) Does Not Bleed 0

10 6) No Hit Locations 0

Dances of the Bone Pathways

1 1) Weapon Element: Blades

4 2) Martial Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort

4 3) Martial Disarm: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; 30 STR to Disarm roll

4 4) Martial Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

4 5) Martial Strike: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, Weapon +2 DC Strike

Skills

9 +3 with Martial Maneuvers

5 Language: Common (idiomatic; literate)

3 Acrobatics 12-

3 Breakfall 12-

3 Climbing 12-

3 Concealment 11-

3 Conversation 11-

3 Disguise 11-

3 Paramedics 11-

3 Persuasion 11-

3 Shadowing 11-

3 Stealth 12-

1 WF: Blades

2 KS: Medicine 11-

0 Language: Black Tongue (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)

Total Powers & Skills Cost: 258

Total Cost: 328

200+ Disadvantages

20 Vulnerability: 2 x Effect From Water (Common)

20 Social Limitation: Subject to Orders Very Frequently (14-), Major

20 Reputation: Member of a Questionable Organization, 14- (Extreme)

15 Psychological Limitation: Bound By Duty (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Fear of Water (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Must obey the Master (Uncommon, Total)

15 Susceptibility: Water, 1d6 damage per Turn (Common)

10 Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x Effect From Cold (Common)

10 Physical Limitation: Inhuman Physiology (Infrequently, Greatly Impairing)

10 Physical Limitation: Sinks like a stone in water, cant swim or float (Infrequently, Greatly Impairing)

Total Disadvantages Points: 150.

Re: Villains of the Cult

You want an all or nothing resistance, or to just make him tougher against magical attacks?

All or Nothing :

Figure the biggest attacks he is likely to face. Add defences (PD, ED, Flash DEF, Power Resistance, etc) that will completely block them. Add "Only vs. Magic Based Attacks" and an Activation Roll on the set of defences.

Tough Against Magic :

As above, but less defence and no Activation Roll.

All or Nothing Alternative : (Not actually legal within the rules version)

Give him Damage Reduction (25%, 50%, or 75%) vs Physical and Energy, Only vs Magic based attacks, then, instead of having it reduce every attack by the listed %, have it reduce that % of attacks by 100%.

Can I ask what points the players are built on? Is this a superheroic-level Fantasy game? Because that villian would smack around most of my old superhero groups as he is now. Being an automaton who takes no stun and yet has fairly high defenses he's gonna be damn hard to take down. If you make him resistant to magic too...damn...How are the players supposed to defeat him? They can't knock him out, only kill him, and he'll just keep coming like a little terminator. (That AID will pretty much keep people from being able to kill him too, he can just AID his body back up when he feels like it.)

Rob

My impressions? Way cool, but..

For his ten finger attack, I"d drop the autofire to five shot AF, and build into the slot a simple +2 ocv bonus to represent a lot of projectiles. Especially with his low cv with this manuever.

With his automaton powers, Dance of the Larch would be as effective, or more so, with 25 percent damage resistance instead of armor. Am I remembering right that Automatons pay more points for defences? If so, this power might be off, pointswise. But, I'm not certain, so...

The Dance of the Ferns.. An area affect Cone with a hole in the middle? I'm having trouble visualising it.. is it a no range power?

You spent 90 points on a 2d6 killing attack NND does body that can't effect forcewalls.. why not just buy a 6d6 HKA (7d6 +1 w strength) and give it the limatation "cannot effect force walls" for a - 1/4 limitaion.. It's cheaper, more effective, and not as cheesy as a nnd does body attack.

HIs clay carapace Armor is bought as allways on - Armor is allready a persistant power, and even if it weren't, there is no disadvantage to having it allways on, therefore there is no cost break on the power due to this limitation.

Assuming his martial art is a real art in your campaign, he should have a KS with it to represent his knowledge of it's history and blah blah blah... who knows, maby someday someone will have to convince him to teach this martial art to them to defeat an even greater menace.

DOes this guy have any motivations of his own? If so, then his Bound By DUty disad is exactly the same as Obey the Master.. Unless his Duty is to the organization and the Master sometimes has different goals than that org.

I cant' see how inhuman physiology is a disadvantage.. with his body aid, he'll never need anyone to perform first aid on himself. He's vulnerable to poisons as written, but he hasn't spent any points to gain immunity to poisons .. So why should he get points for something everyone is vulnerable to?

Sinks like a stone is a great limitaion, but add to it -2 inches swimming (for an extra 4 points) to represent his inability to swim. ah wait, I see where you bought back your swimming - I'd move it to disads just for ease of noticing it.

This guy is scary dangerous, and very robotlike. Although his presence of ten could be increased due to his reputation disadvantage (EVERYBODY is going to recognise this guy on sight and know he's a minion of the evil organisation), defensively he's milktoast. Someone with a good presence attack could order him to drop his weapon, or surrender, or just "Hold it! Let's Talk!"

Definately include a writeup of his background to help us, help you..

-CraterMaker

Oh, replays, fun!

UltraRob, there are 3 players 150-point base each. In my power levels thread people suggest to build the foes around 250-350 points. So:

a. I needed does points to build his the way I like him, and

b. I can always twik him down during play.

CraterMaker, that was a great post, thanks.

First, I'll add the changes to the powers you suggested.

The Dance of the Ferns.. An area affect Cone with a hole in the middle? I'm having trouble visualising it.. is it a no range power?

The idea is that he hit the ground in his hand the a cone of bone spikes is created... there is no need for HITM, you right...

Assuming his martial art is a real art in your campaign, he should have a KS with it to represent his knowledge of it's history and blah blah blah... who knows, maby someday someone will have to convince him to teach this martial art to them to defeat an even greater menace.

Thats a good idea, although his martial arts are there to represent his mastery of bone weapons. Its unlikely he'll ever teach them to anyone.

I cant' see how inhuman physiology is a disadvantage.. with his body aid, he'll never need anyone to perform first aid on himself. He's vulnerable to poisons as written, but he hasn't spent any points to gain immunity to poisons .. So why should he get points for something everyone is vulnerable to?

Cut down inhuman physiology, add total life support.

The truth is I just dodn't have any good disa ideas...

This guy is scary dangerous, and very robotlike. Although his presence of ten could be increased due to his reputation disadvantage (EVERYBODY is going to recognise this guy on sight and know he's a minion of the evil organisation), defensively he's milktoast. Someone with a good presence attack could order him to drop his weapon, or surrender, or just "Hold it! Let's Talk!"

I tought buying him some mental defense to represent his empty mind and the control the Master has on him. I'm getting to a point when I'll need to cut-down his powers.

DOes this guy have any motivations of his own? If so, then his Bound By DUty disad is exactly the same as Obey the Master.. Unless his Duty is to the organization and the Master sometimes has different goals than that org.

Obey the Master represent his incapability to do anything else if the master order him to do something.

Bond by Duty represent is ongoing commitment to his mission. I'll explain it in the end.

Definately include a writeup of his background to help us, help you..

He is a golem built by the Master of the Cult of the Unhallowed One as one of 2 planes to kidnap people and steal their souls in order to awake the Unhallowed One. He is the head of the organization could "The Institusion of Health" which has bad reputation dua to their use of "normal" medicine, without any reletions to the local church. So you see, his reputation has nothing to do with the pact he is a evil golem-assassin.

He pretend to be a normal human while he continue his mission.

Any more question?

Outsider, I think I'll drop the magic ressistace idea. Thanks anyway.

Holy mother of god!

I'd look very, very carefully at his defences. As built, this guy could walk through a small army: I wouldn't be surprised if he turned your PCs into mulch without breaking a sweat, which is probably not a good way to introduce them to Hero system.

He has some really nasty attacks: the NND does body will hospitalise or kill outright most 150 point characters, and his autofire and area effect attacks are likely to hurt heroic level characters as well.

The kicker is the combination of a significant amount of armour with "takes no stun". Automatons triple the cost of Def to reflect the fact that no stun goes through. So first off, you should triple the points cost of his armour - and consider that you have just given this guy over 100 points of defence :eek:

In practical terms he's immune to any sort of mundane missile fire - heavy longbows and arbalests will just pitter patter on his armour like gentle rain. A strong guy with a two handed sword will have only a tiny chance of doing him any harm: he'll bounce 3d6 killing attacks without any harm about 90% of the time. Anything less than that, forget it. Even a strong master martial artist with a two handed sword, cranking a 4d6 (pretty much the maximum you can expect without magical aid) has only about a 30% chance of inflicting any damage on him at all :eek:

This thing's a monster. At the very least start the players off on a few skeletonly minions with much lower defences and "takes no stun". I think you'll be surprised at how hard they are to put down.

Cheers, Mark

Ok, I needed that.

Anyway, I already cut down his clay skin to 5/5 instead of 10/10. Is that enough?

Here is the V2 version:

Derek Sid, Bone Golem

20 STR 10 20 13- HTH Damage 4d6 END [2]

15 DEX 15 15 12- OCV 5 DCV 5

15 CON 10 15 12-

13 BODY 6 13 12-

12 INT 2 12 11- PER Roll 11-

8 EGO 16 8 11- ECV: 3

10 PRE 0 10 11- PRE Attack: 2d6

10 COM 0 10 11-

5 PD 1 5/10 5/10 PD (0/5 rPD)

5 ED 2 5/10 5/10 ED (0/5 rED)

3 SPD 5 3 Phases: 4, 8, 12

10 REC 6 10

30 END 0 30

30 STUN -1 30

6" Running 0 12"

0" Swimming -2 0"

4" Leaping 0 4"

Total Characteristics Cost: 70

Cost Powers END

33 Unhallowed Mark: Aid 3d6 (standard effect: 9 points), Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per Minute; +1/4), STR, DEX, CON, BODY simultaneously (+1) (67 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, Delayed Phase, -3/4), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) 7

47 Corpse Bone Pathways: Multipower, 70-point reserve, (70 Active Points); all slots Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, Delayed Phase, -1/2)

2u 1) Teshi Sendan, Ten Finger Drilling Bullets: (Total: 30 Active Cost, 23 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Ranged 1d6-1, Armor Piercing (+1/2), Autofire (5 shots; +1/2) (20 Active Points); Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -1/4) (Real Cost: 16) plus +2 with Ranged Combat (10 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, Delayed Phase, -1/2) (Real Cost: 7) 2

4u 2) Tsubaki no Mai, Dance of the Camellia: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6 (2 1/2d6 w/STR), Armor Piercing (+1/2), Autofire (5 shots; +1/2) (60 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, Delayed Phase, -1/2) 6

3u 3) Karamatsu no Mai, Dance of the Larch: (Total: 41 Active Cost, 27 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6 (1 1/2d6 w/STR), Damage Shield (Offensive; +3/4) (26 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, Delayed Phase, -1/2) (Real Cost: 17) plus Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25% (15 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, Delayed Phase, -1/2) (Real Cost: 10) 3

3u 4) Tessenka no Mai- Tsuru, Dance of the Clematis- Vine: (Total: 65 Active Cost, 29 Real Cost) Entangle 5d6, 5 DEF (standard effect: 5 BODY, 5 DEF) (50 Active Points); Limited Power Only When Unhallowed Mark Is Active (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, Delayed Phase, -1/2), Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4) (Real Cost: 22) plus Killing Attack - Ranged 1d6 (15 Active Points); Linked (Entangle; -1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, Delayed Phase, -1/2) (Real Cost: 7) 6

3u 5) Tessenka no Mai- Hana, Dance of the Clematis- Flower: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 4d6 (5d6+1 w/STR) (60 Active Points); Limited Power Only When Unhallowed Mark Is Active (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, Delayed Phase, -1/2), Limited Power Doesn't Effect Foce Walls (-1/4) 6

3u 6) Sawarabi no Mai, Dance of the Young Ferns: Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6, Area Of Effect (7" Cone; +1) (60 Active Points); Limited Power Only When Unhallowed Mark Is Active (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, Delayed Phase, -1/2) 6

Golem Qualities

12 1) Fast Movement: Running +6" (12" total) 1

13 2) Clay Carapaces: Armor (5 PD/5 ED), Inherent (+1/4) (19 Active Points); Always On (-1/2) 0

4 3) Clay Carapaces: Touch Group Images 1" radius, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (10 Active Points); Set Effect (Make Clay Carapaces Feels Like Real Skin; -1), Always On (-1/2) 0

36 4) Life Support (Eating Character does not eat; Immunity All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Immunity All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Self-Contained Breathing; Sleeping Character does not sleep) 0

15 5) Automaton (Cannot Be Stunned) 0

15 6) Does Not Bleed 0

10 7) No Hit Locations 0

Dances of the Bone Pathways

1 1) Weapon Element: Blades

4 3) Martial Disarm: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; 30 STR to Disarm roll

4 4) Martial Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

4 5) Martial Strike: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, Weapon +2 DC Strike

Skills

6 +2 with Martial Maneuvers

5 Language: Common (idiomatic; literate)

3 Acrobatics 12-

3 Breakfall 12-

3 Climbing 12-

3 Concealment 11-

3 Conversation 11-

3 Disguise 11-

3 Paramedics 11-

3 Persuasion 11-

3 Shadowing 11-

3 Stealth 12-

2 KS: Dance of the Bone Pathways 11-

2 KS: Medicine 11-

1 WF: Blades

0 Language: Black Tongue (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)

Total Powers & Skills Cost: 266

Total Cost: 336

200+ Disadvantages

20 Vulnerability: 2 x Effect From Water (Common)

20 Social Limitation: Subject to Orders Very Frequently (14-), Major

20 Reputation: Member of a Questionable Organization, 14- (Extreme)

15 Psychological Limitation: Fear of Water (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Must obey the Master (Uncommon, Total)

15 Susceptibility: Water, 1d6 damage per Turn (Common)

10 Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x Effect From Cold (Common)

10 Physical Limitation: Sinks like a stone in water, cant swim or float (Infrequently, Greatly Impairing)

Total Disadvantages Points: 140

As you can see, I don't have enough disadvantages points, but as a GM, maybe its not so bad.

Ok, I needed that.

Anyway, I already cut down his clay skin to 5/5 instead of 10/10. Is that enough?

So, is that 5/5 rPD/rED total then? If so, it should be about right. Don't go over 8rPD/rED with Automatons in a Fantasy Hero campaign unless it's a high powered one. FH is designed with the idea that characters are mostly doing STUN to their opponents, and are more like to render them unconscious than kill them. (It's a trait left over from HERO's Champions days.) If you take that away, such as with Automatons, you make a character who is really hard to take down if they have decent defenses. MarkDoc's comments are right on the money.

You might consider a little solo playtesting with your Villians against the NPC Heros in the back of the FH book (or some other equivalent team of NPCs) before you let them loose on your players. Watching how they function and tweaking them before they see real action. If you're pressed for time, try using Herosphere or the Hero Combat Simulator programs to do this.

Rob

Yep. 5 rDEF sould be good. That'll let him shrug off small attacks, take some damage from medium sized attacks and be threatened by large attacks (but not so much that he can be one-shotted).

So he's not invulnerable, but he can dish out the damage. That makes him a scary foe (which is what I guess you want) but not an unbeatable one.

Sound good?

cheers, Mark

Here is the second one: Seke Diloen, Priest of the Unhallowed One.

He is a priest of the "new gods" that made a generous donation to the local temple and thats why the head priest let him stay. In secret, he is the leader of the Cult, and he is conducting the rituals that draw the souls of human out of their bodies.

He will be accompanied by 4 cultiest warriors (50+50 each) and will use his transfer power when the character will attack him on a body in the room.

Seke Diloen, Priest of the Unhallowed One

12 STR 2 12 11- HTH Damage 2d6 END [2]

16 DEX 18 16 12- OCV 5 DCV 5

12 CON 4 12 11-

10 BODY 0 10 11-

20 INT 10 20 13- PER Roll 13-

18 EGO 16 18 13- ECV: 6

16 PRE 6 16 12- PRE Attack: 3d6

10 COM 0 10 11-

2 PD 0 5/8 5/8 PD (3/6 rPD)

2 ED 0 5/8 5/8 ED (3/6 rED)

2 SPD 0 2 Phases: 6, 12

4 REC 0 4

30 END 3 30

22 STUN 0 22

6" Running 0 6"

2" Swimming 0 2"

2" Leaping 0 2"

Total Characteristics Cost: 59

Cost Powers END

33 Unhallowed Mark: Aid 3d6 (standard effect: 9 points), Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per Minute; +1/4), DEX, INT, EGO, PRE simultaneously (+1) (67 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, Delayed Phase, -3/4), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) 7

35 Prana-body Transference Technique : Transfer 3d6 (standard effect: 9 points) (BODY to END Reserve), Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per Minute; +1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (79 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, Delayed Phase, -3/4), Self Only (-1/2) 0

6 Prana Induration Technique : Force Field (3 PD/3 ED/3 Mental Defense/3 Power Defense), Power Can Draw END from Character or END Reserve (+1/4) (15 Active Points); Requires A Prana Learning Skill Roll (-1/2), Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4), Extra Time (Delayed Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4) 2

20 Prana Renascence Technique: Healing Simplified 4d6, Power Can Draw END from Character or END Reserve (+1/4) (50 Active Points); Requires A Prana Learning Skill Roll (-1/2), Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4), Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -1/4) 10

15 Control of Prana Flux: Endurance Reserve (50 END, 10 REC) (15 Active Points) 0

86 Heights of Prana Learning: Variable Power Pool (Magic Pool), 50 base + 36 control cost, Cosmic (+2); all slots Power Can Draw END from Character or END Reserve (+1/4) (131 Active Points); Limited Class Of Powers Available Curses (-1/2); all slots Gestures (-1/4), Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -1/4), Requires A Prana Learning Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points; -1/4)

0 1) Necrotic Bolt: Energy Blast 5d6, Power Can Draw END from Character or END Reserve (+1/4), Explosion (+1/2) (44 Active Points); Gestures (-1/4), Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -1/4), Requires A Prana Learning Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points; -1/4) Real Cost: 25 4

0 2) Curse of Crippling: Drain CON 4d6, Power Can Draw END from Character or END Reserve (+1/4) (50 Active Points); Requires A Prana Learning Skill Roll (-1/2), Gestures (-1/4), Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -1/4) Real Cost: 25 5

0 3) Curse of Blindness: Darkness to Sight Group 4" radius, Power Can Draw END from Character or END Reserve (+1/4) (50 Active Points); Requires A Prana Learning Skill Roll (-1/2), Gestures (-1/4), Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -1/4) Real Cost: 25 5

0 4) Curse of Pain: Change Environment 4" radius, -2 DCV, -2 OCV, Long-Lasting 20 Minutes, Multiple Combat Effects, Power Can Draw END from Character or END Reserve (+1/4) (50 Active Points); Requires A Prana Learning Skill Roll (-1/2), Gestures (-1/4), Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -1/4) Real Cost: 25 5

0 5) Curse of Cerebral Disruption: Drain INT 4d6, Power Can Draw END from Character or END Reserve (+1/4) (50 Active Points); Requires A Prana Learning Skill Roll (-1/2), Gestures (-1/4), Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -1/4) Real Cost: 25 5

0 6) Curse of Deafness: Hearing Group Flash 1d6, Power Can Draw END from Character or END Reserve (+1/4) (4 Active Points); Requires A Prana Learning Skill Roll (-1/2), Gestures (-1/4), Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -1/4) Real Cost: 2 1

0 7) Curse of Weakness: Negative Combat Skill Levels (-8 to opponent's OCV), Power Can Draw END from Character or END Reserve (+1/4) (50 Active Points); Requires A Prana Learning Skill Roll (-1/2), Gestures (-1/4), Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -1/4) Real Cost: 25 5

0 8) Curse of Breaching: Suppress 5d6, any protective power one at a time (+1/4), Power Can Draw END from Character or END Reserve (+1/4), Cumulative (+1/2) (50 Active Points); Requires A Prana Learning Skill Roll (-1/2), Gestures (-1/4), Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -1/4) Real Cost: 25 5

0 9) Curse of Shattering: Dispel Magic 9d6, Power Can Draw END from Character or END Reserve (+1/4), Cumulative (+1/2) (47 Active Points); Requires A Prana Learning Skill Roll (-1/2), Gestures (-1/4), Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -1/4) Real Cost: 23 5

Gentle Palm Style

12 1) +3 HTH Damage Class(es)

4 3) Martial Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

3 4) Martial Grab: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, 37 STR for holding on

4 5) Martial Strike: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 7d6 Strike

3 6) Martial Throw: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, 5d6 +v/5, Target Falls

5 7) Offensive Strike: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, 9d6 Strike

Equipment

Heavy Animal Hides: Armor (3 PD/3 ED) (9 Active Points); Independent (-2), OIF Durable (-1/2), Real Armor (-1/4) 0

Mace, Small: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (22 Active Points); OAF (-1), Real Weapon (-1/4), STR Minimum 1-5 (-1/4) 0

Perks

3 Fringe Benefit: Priest

5 Money: Well Off

Skills

Background

4 1) PS: Priest 14-

0 2) Language: Common (idiomatic; literate) (5 Active Points)

4 3) Language: Black Tongue (idiomatic)

0 4) AK: Home country or region 8-

0 5) TF: Equines, Everyman Skill

1 6) WF: Axes, Maces, Hammers, and Picks

Trained

13 1) Power: Prana Learning 18-

3 2) Acting 12-

3 3) Conversation 12-

3 4) Bribery 12-

3 5) Bureaucratics 12-

4 6) Forgery (Commercial Goods, Documents) 13-

3 7) High Society 12-

3 8) Lockpicking 12-

3 9) Persuasion 12-

3 10) Sleight Of Hand 12-

3 11) Streetwise 12-

Familiarities

0 1) Climbing 8-

0 2) Concealment 8-

0 3) Deduction 8-

0 4) Paramedics (Healing) 8-

0 5) Shadowing 8-

0 6) Stealth 8-

Total Powers & Skills Cost: 291

Total Cost: 350

200+ Disadvantages

20 Reputation: Madmen, Heretic Priest, 14- (Extreme)

20 Social Limitation: Harmful Secret (Frequently, Severe)

20 Social Limitation: Subject to Orders (Very Frequently, Major)

15 Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x STUN From Poisons and Toxins (Very Common)

15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity Frequently (11-), Major

15 Psychological Limitation: Does Not Trust People (Common, Strong)

10 Psychological Limitation: Short tempered (Common, Moderate)

10 Hunted: Cult Superiors 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)

10 Distinctive Features: Unhallowed Presence (Concealable; Extreme Reaction; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)

0 Normal Characteristic Maxima

Total Disadvantages Points: 150

For as powerful as your villians are they seem awfully slow. While the Bone Golem would pose a threat just becasue of his abilities the priest would be chewed up rather quickly in the campaigns I have played in. In the last FH game our averag speed was 3-4 for 150 point characters. Couple that with a High Dex and they wouldn't even get their first attack off before they were down... well, not the golem...

Also you shold add some special FX descriptions to the powers for teh golem. I would be interested to see what the Dance of the Clematis is.

Other than that They look good.

Note to self- increase speed of foes.

Now, for the Bone Golme SFX, here are some pics (small ones, but still) from naruto:

Dance33.jpg

Dance of the Larch

Dance5.jpg

Dance of the Young Ferns

KimimaroSword2.jpg

Dance4.jpg

Dance of the Clematis • Vine

Dance44.jpg

Dance of the Clematis • Flower

KimimaroBone2.jpg

Dance26.jpg

Dance15.jpg

Dance of the Camellia

Cult priest V2:

Seke Diloen, Priest of the Unhallowed One

12 STR 2 12 11- HTH Damage 2d6 END [2]

16 DEX 18 16 12- OCV 5 DCV 5

12 CON 4 12 11-

10 BODY 0 10 11-

20 INT 10 20 13- PER Roll 13-

18 EGO 16 18 13- ECV: 6

16 PRE 6 16 12- PRE Attack: 3d6

10 COM 0 10 11-

2 PD 0 5/8 5/8 PD (3/6 rPD)

2 ED 0 5/8 5/8 ED (3/6 rED)

4 SPD 14 4 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

4 REC 0 4

30 END 3 30

22 STUN 0 22

6" Running 0 6"

2" Swimming 0 2"

2" Leaping 0 2"

Total Characteristics Cost: 73

Cost Powers END

33 Unhallowed Mark: Aid 3d6 (standard effect: 9 points), Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per Minute; +1/4), DEX, INT, EGO, PRE simultaneously (+1) (67 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, Delayed Phase, -3/4), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) 7

35 Prana-body Transference Technique : Transfer 3d6 (standard effect: 9 points) (BODY to END Reserve), Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per Minute; +1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (79 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, Delayed Phase, -3/4), Self Only (-1/2) 0

6 Prana Induration Technique : Force Field (3 PD/3 ED/3 Mental Defense/3 Power Defense), Power Can Draw END from Character or END Reserve (+1/4) (15 Active Points); Requires A Prana Learning Skill Roll (-1/2), Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4), Extra Time (Delayed Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4) 2

17 Prana Renascence Technique: Healing Simplified 4d6, Power Can Draw END from Character or END Reserve (+1/4) (50 Active Points); Requires A Prana Learning Skill Roll (-1/2), Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2), Self Only (-1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4), Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -1/4) 10

15 Control of Prana Flux: Endurance Reserve (50 END, 10 REC) (15 Active Points) 0

76 Heights of Prana Learning: Variable Power Pool (Magic Pool), 45 base + 31 control cost, Cosmic (+2); all slots Power Can Draw END from Character or END Reserve (+1/4) (116 Active Points); Limited Class Of Powers Available Curses (-1/2); all slots Gestures (-1/4), Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -1/4), Requires A Prana Learning Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points; -1/4)

0 1) Necrotic Bolt: Energy Blast 2d6, Power Can Draw END from Character or END Reserve (+1/4), No Normal Defense (Soulless; +1), Does BODY (+1) (32 Active Points); Gestures (-1/4), Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -1/4), Requires A Prana Learning Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points; -1/4) Real Cost: 18 3

0 2) Curse of Crippling: Drain CON 2d6, Power Can Draw END from Character or END Reserve (+1/4), No Normal Defense (Soulless; +1) (45 Active Points); Gestures (-1/4), Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -1/4), Requires A Prana Learning Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points; -1/4) Real Cost: 26 4

0 3) Curse of Blindness: Darkness to Sight Group 3" radius, Power Can Draw END from Character or END Reserve (+1/4) (37 Active Points); Gestures (-1/4), Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -1/4), Requires A Prana Learning Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points; -1/4) Real Cost: 21 4

0 4) Curse of Pain: Change Environment 4" radius, -2 DCV, -2 OCV, Multiple Combat Effects, Power Can Draw END from Character or END Reserve (+1/4) (44 Active Points); Gestures (-1/4), Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -1/4), Requires A Prana Learning Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points; -1/4) Real Cost: 25 4

0 5) Curse of Cerebral Disruption: Drain INT 2d6, Power Can Draw END from Character or END Reserve (+1/4), No Normal Defense (Soulless; +1) (45 Active Points); Gestures (-1/4), Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -1/4), Requires A Prana Learning Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points; -1/4) Real Cost: 26 4

0 6) Curse of Deafness: Hearing Group Flash 12d6, Power Can Draw END from Character or END Reserve (+1/4) (45 Active Points); Gestures (-1/4), Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -1/4), Requires A Prana Learning Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points; -1/4) Real Cost: 26 4

0 7) Curse of Weakness: Negative Combat Skill Levels (-7 to opponent's OCV), Power Can Draw END from Character or END Reserve (+1/4) (44 Active Points); Gestures (-1/4), Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -1/4), Requires A Prana Learning Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points; -1/4) Real Cost: 25 4

0 8) Curse of Breaching: Suppress 4d6, any protective power one at a time (+1/4), Power Can Draw END from Character or END Reserve (+1/4), Cumulative (+1/2) (40 Active Points); Gestures (-1/4), Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -1/4), Requires A Prana Learning Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points; -1/4) Real Cost: 23 4

0 9) Curse of Shattering: Dispel Magic 8d6, Power Can Draw END from Character or END Reserve (+1/4), Cumulative (+1/2) (42 Active Points); Gestures (-1/4), Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -1/4), Requires A Prana Learning Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points; -1/4) Real Cost: 24 4

Gentle Palm Style

8 1) +2 HTH Damage Class(es)

4 3) Martial Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

3 4) Martial Grab: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, 32 STR for holding on

4 5) Martial Strike: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 6d6 Strike

3 6) Martial Throw: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, 4d6 +v/5, Target Falls

5 7) Offensive Strike: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, 8d6 Strike

Equipment

Heavy Animal Hides: Armor (3 PD/3 ED) (9 Active Points); Independent (-2), OIF Durable (-1/2), Real Armor (-1/4) 0

Mace, Small: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (22 Active Points); OAF (-1), Real Weapon (-1/4), STR Minimum 1-5 (-1/4) 0

Perks

3 Fringe Benefit: Priest

5 Money: Well Off

Skills

Background

4 1) PS: Priest 14-

3 2) KS: Gentle Palm Style 13-

0 3) Language: Common (idiomatic; literate) (5 Active Points)

4 4) Language: Black Tongue (idiomatic)

0 5) AK: Home country or region 8-

0 6) TF: Equines, Everyman Skill

1 7) WF: Axes, Maces, Hammers, and Picks

Trained

13 1) Power: Prana Learning 18-

3 2) Acting 12-

3 3) Conversation 12-

3 4) Bribery 12-

3 5) Bureaucratics 12-

4 6) Forgery (Commercial Goods, Documents) 13-

3 7) High Society 12-

3 8) Lockpicking 12-

3 9) Persuasion 12-

3 10) Sleight Of Hand 12-

3 11) Streetwise 12-

Familiarities

0 1) Climbing 8-

0 2) Concealment 8-

0 3) Deduction 8-

0 4) Paramedics (Healing) 8-

0 5) Shadowing 8-

0 6) Stealth 8-

Total Powers & Skills Cost: 277

Total Cost: 350

200+ Disadvantages

20 Reputation: Madmen, Heretic Priest, 14- (Extreme)

20 Social Limitation: Harmful Secret (Frequently, Severe)

20 Social Limitation: Subject to Orders (Very Frequently, Major)

15 Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x STUN From Poisons and Toxins (Very Common)

15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity Frequently (11-), Major

15 Psychological Limitation: Does Not Trust People (Common, Strong)

10 Psychological Limitation: Short tempered (Common, Moderate)

10 Hunted: Cult Superiors 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)

10 Distinctive Features: Unhallowed Presence (Concealable; Extreme Reaction; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)

0 Normal Characteristic Maxima

Total Disadvantages Points: 150

As use can see, beside +2 speed I added I also cut the VPP to 45 point (for the speed, actually), I added NND to the EB, Drain CON and Drain INT.

BTW, is "Soulless" a valid defense for NND?