Another How would build question

Stone

Here is the premise:

Attacker animates the targets shadow, the shadow attacks the target.

Originally I was gonna try the summon route, but then it occurred to me that an area effect entangle w/a linked STR drain would accomplish the desired effect. The shadows would just be sfx of the power. The build looks like this:

5d6 Entangle

AOE radius (x2 area) +1 1/4

Selective +1/4

Target must be close enough to the ground to cast a shadow at least half the size of the target -1/4

Gestures -1/4

Active points: 125 real cost: 83

4d6 Drain (STR)

delayed return rate (5 pts/min) +1/4

Linked (Entangle) -1/2

Active points: 50 real cost: 33

Does this look right to you?

Re: Another How would build question

Depends on the effect you're going for. Do you expect STR to return immediately on escape from the Entangle, or for the character to suffer some short-term, but lasting, weakness? Drain simulates the latter. FOr the former, a Suppress that's maintained as long as the target is Entangled would be more accurate.

Of course, if you want the shadow's abilities to vary with the target's, want the shadow to stick around, or want it to have multiple attack/defense/movement options, a Summon may be the superior route anyway.

Originally I was going to make the shadows as desolid creatures that could affect solid. They would drain STR and END if they could hit the target. However that ran into the slavish loyal advantage, plus writing up the actual shadow being itself. Not that I am lazy, but this seemed like a much simplier approach. Your right, suppress better simulates the effect I am looking for. I just have to lower the END cost across the board now (will use the 1/2 END mod). Thanks =)

Since Suppress stays up as long as END is paid, consider making iut Costs END only to Activate (not bookn legal, but permissible in many games, and reasonably acceptable combined with the fact the character can't use multiple Suppresses on the same target unless he has multiple shadows).

Just use the rapid fire maneuver for something like this and save your character points' date=' IMO.[/quote']

Does Rapid Fire let you hit multiple targets? In any case, it doesn't let you hit multiple target on one unpenalized attack roll to hit DCV 3.

Might want to make that AOE "selective" so he doesn't have to target himself/allies.

Does Rapid Fire let you hit multiple targets? In any case, it doesn't let you hit multiple target on one unpenalized attack roll to hit DCV 3.

Might want to make that AOE "selective" so he doesn't have to target himself/allies.

Yes, it allows you to hit multiple targets. You could include the accurate advantage to offset the dcv issues.

Yes' date=' it allows you to hit multiple targets. You could include the accurate advantage to offset the dcv issues.[/quote']

If you want to animate a lot of people's shadows, I'd probabky use AE.

If you want to choose which shadows animate, rapid fire is probably a better choice (you'd need Accurate on a Selective AoE to get the improved ability to hit anyway). I also like the ability to reduce the chance to hit by dodging your shadow.

Hmmm...summon's starting to look better, since you can Summon multiple shadows at the same time, and since the summoned shadow would stick around if the first attack misses.

Don't forget some kind of limitation for "doesn't work in total darkness or 360-degree bright light." Probably just combine that with your existing "close to the ground" lim and call it "target must have a shadow at least 1/2 size." I'm not sure that makes it worth more than -1/4 tho.

bigdamnhero

"You must be like wolf pack, not six-pack."