Book recommendation for guns?

Re: Book recommendation for guns?

Jane's Infantry weapons. Sometimes available second hand for REALLY reduced prices.

Small arms of the world(?) iirc

Cartridges of the World. -- This will tell you a lot about the cartridges themselves.

There is an annual Magazine from one of the major gun magazine publishers that is pretty good for civilian guns. I forget the title at the moment.

The Palladium book on guns and such doesn't seem to know the difference between a .30 carbine,7.62x25, 7.62x51 etc...

The "Edge of Sword Volume 1" from RTalsorian is pretty good, though old now.

for a web source http://world.guns.ru/main-e.htm

If you want specific manufacturers, I can usually find websites.

what Fox1 and gewing said.

ultramodern firearms for millenium's end NOT D20.

i like BTRC's guns, guns, guns (3G3)

Guns guns guns is great (if it is still in print!). It doesn't just list gun stats but shows you how to convert guns to games - any games, and has lots of interesting info on how guns and ammo work. I enjoyed it and I'm not even a gun nut.

Guns guns guns is great (if it is still in print!). It doesn't just list gun stats but shows you how to convert guns to games - any games' date=' and has lots of interesting info on how guns and ammo work. I enjoyed it and I'm not even a gun nut.[/quote']

Sadly it's a Kinetic Energy based system.

So it will convert, the result won't be realistic in any shape or form- but it will convert.

Actually if I understood your question, you would like guns already made up. In that case you don't really want 3g3 (guns, guns, guns) you want More Guns, it is a supplement to 3g3 that has more gun making rules but more importantly for you it includes reems of premade weapons for HERO along with other systems. Also if you can find it Edge of the Sword was kind of an updated The Armoury, it included stats for HERO and more modern weapons than The Armoury. It was also written by Kevin Dockery who did The Armoury. BTW you might also be interested in a book called The Armoury :)

I do agree with Fox 1 somewhat about 3g3, although I don't see the use of energy as a failure I do fault the weapon design rules because they fail to consider just how big that hole the bullet made in you is, (damage is strictly based on penetration so as a result bigger often results in :nonp: less damage :eek:

If you don't care too mauch about this stuff and just want a big list o guns I prefer 3g3 and more guns over the Dark Champions treatment, (although as a whole DC is worth getting, I just didn't care for the guns and there was too much supers stuff for my taste which knocked it off my best HERO book ever list, down to my pretty darn good but it frustrated me HERO book list) :)

Serves me right for tapping out a quick request right before I'm informed I have to leave the house. :)

I was looking for pre-generated HERO stats for common firearms and other modern weapons like, modern-day constructed compound bows and improvised weaponry like chainsaws (*vroom*). Sorry for the confusion.

I noticed the other day how NONE of the, "martial arts," weapons listed in the Weapon Familiarity Chart make an appearence in the Weapon Charts at the end of the book. A lot of the modern ones don't show up either. Funny how I've never noticed that before. The HTH weapons chart is completely geared toward D&D-type fantasy, as are the muscle-powered weapons. The firearms and explosives charts give a decent variety if you aren't a weapons fanatic, but don't cover much in the way of, "interesting," out-of-the-way stuff.

Anyway, just thought I'd share my, "astounding," revelation. It's so funny I've never noticed that before. I guess I am usually pretty fantasy-centric in thought when it comes to equipment. :)

I noticed the other day how NONE of the, "martial arts," weapons listed in the Weapon Familiarity Chart make an appearence in the Weapon Charts at the end of the book. A lot of the modern ones don't show up either. Funny how I've never noticed that before. The HTH weapons chart is completely geared toward D&D-type fantasy, as are the muscle-powered weapons. The firearms and explosives charts give a decent variety if you aren't a weapons fanatic, but don't cover much in the way of, "interesting," out-of-the-way stuff.

Anyway, just thought I'd share my, "astounding," revelation. It's so funny I've never noticed that before. I guess I am usually pretty fantasy-centric in thought when it comes to equipment. :)

I think most of the unusual weapons from the WF chart are in Ultimate Martial Artist, though I haven't actually checked.

Sorry it took three days, not two:celebrate :drink::eek:

3G3 doesn't have a list of pre-made guns. It has construction/conversion rules and a chart of real world ammunition types/calibers and a handy-dandy conversion chart from their system to/from 12 other systems.

More Guns has the pre-made weapons (21 pages of stuff...14 of which are weapon tables). Which is only available as a book from BTRC. It's not available as a PDF because he (Greg Porter) doesn't have the data files anymore. He doesn't want to scan the book because he's working on a "successor system" at the moment (for EABA).

Hope this answered your questions about these products.:cool: