Auto-fire On STR ?

Patriot

Re: Auto-fire On STR ?

Originally posted by Patriot

If A Pc Has auto fire on STR, and uses a block manuever,can he block more then one shot(punch, blast, whatever)?

It has never came up in my game, but on the way home from work, the question just popped in my head.

You can already block as many times as you want without autofire. You merely take a -2 OCV penalty for each additional block attempt.

I don't see Autofire changing this.

Originally posted by death tribble

Killer Shrike's answer clarifies it.

How many of the autofire punches gets through depends on how much they hit by and how much you block by.

Is this an official rule I missed reading in 5th ed?

Originally posted by Tech

Is this an official rule I missed reading in 5th ed?

It's from the FAQ.

Q: If a character wants to Block an Autofire HTH attack, how many times does he have to roll? How about for Blocking a Sweep used against a single target?

A: When a character wants to Block an Autofire attack that has “hit†him multiple times, he makes a normal Block roll. If he makes the roll exactly, he Blocks one of the hits. For every 2 points by which he makes the roll beyond that, he Blocks another hit.

For an attack like Sweep, involving multiple Attack Rolls, a character would have to make one Block roll for each Attack Roll. A Blocked attack does not count as a “miss†for purposes of determining whether the character has to stop his Sweep (or a Multiple Move By).

If the character Blocking the attack gets attacked by another character that same Phase, his Block roll suffers a -2 for the second attack, -4 for the third, and so forth. The penalty doesn’t derive from the number of Autofire shots Blocked, because the character only made one Block roll. For a Sweep or the like, the penalty would depend on the number of separate Attack Roll-based attacks Blocked. So, to Block a three-attack Sweep involves one normal Block roll, a second roll at -2, and a third at -4. If another character attacked the Blocking character, an attempt to Block his attack would be at -6.