Rocketmen Hero?

AlHazred

At GenCon, I had a chance to demo the new Constructable Strategy Game from WizKids called Rocketmen. Basically, you punch pieces out of sheet styrene and fit them together into spaceships; it's a variation on a similar game they've made called Pirates of the Carribean.

Anyway, the setting has some interesting bits to it, sort of a Buck Rogersesque retro-Sci-Fi romp. I like the animated short films they've made for it, available on the WizKids website here. Anybody else seen it? I've given some thought to its portability to Hero, but I was wondering if anyone else is also interested.

Re: Rocketmen Hero?

Way cool! Now commission a real animated series and put Paul Dini in charge and a Classic Will Be Born!

I wonder is WizKids really knows what they have on their hands. I don't normally play CMGs, but this one I think i want to try. And I definitely want to roleplay in this setting. Nick Sion is my kind of hero -- brave, resilient and cleevre than he looks. I also like the way the story started out, although I wish the episodes were longer because there's a LOT more they could do here....

They had a new episode at GenCon. After seeing all the ones on the website' date=' I can say that the GenCon one isn't on there yet. Now I wish I'd actually watched it. :([/quote']

There is going to be a 10-epsiode DVD released with the full web season (which will evidently be eight episodes long), two unique episaodes, and game cards (including crew cards for the cast, incliding Nick Sion himself).

I want to roleplay in this settign really bad now. I'm sorely tempted to try and write up Nick and company, inclduing the Emperess of Mercury (a hot babe who finds all forms of violence to be the ultimate in good foreplay and who has put Nick in more than one extremely embarassing position).

Yeah, the Empress Armada. I've only picked up five packs, but I managed to snag both Nick Sion and High Priestess Diana of Venus, which I thought was pretty good. I'm strongly considering picking up a box of the boosters; I really enjoyed the game on multiple levels, much more so than WizKids' other offerings.

They gave away a secret decoder ring with every demo. The decoder ring translates the codes found on some cards (so far, only Nick and the High Priestess). The codes give little tidbits of additional info.

Let me guess, Diana also thinks Nick Sion is a massively desirable hunk.

One other note: Nick doesn't care whether he lives or dies because his prother was killed by the bad guys. But unless he watched him die, it is a prototypical part of the genre for it to be a cover and for said borther to ahve actually joined the bad guys and gone totally, manaically evil.

There is a lot of potential here. Any idea when the next web episode will be up of the cartoon?

• 1 month later...

I broke down and bought two packs of Pirates of the Spanish Main and played a couple games over the weekend. it was fun and I think the ships could go a long way for a Pirate Hero type game.

Have no fear. I also purchased Hero Combat Guide. Big sale at my FLGS... Only cost me $15!