Problem with creating a FH spell.

Mark Taylor

Re: Problem with creating a FH spell.

I think that's what this solution needs. Fundamentally, Transfer takes the power and sends it to a 0 point base Images power with Variable Advantage on it, only to mimic the existing images.

Given that a VPP increases the cost of the powers by 50%, although eliminatingthe ability to reduce the cost of the pool itself, a +1/2 advantage to Transfer seems about right. An appropriate VPP would be heavily limited to begin with. Now, given that the images power can have any advantage on it (potentially) but is limited to only the specific instance I think those balance out.

A +1/2 to +1 advantage seems about right to me. I have DEMON at home... I'll check out whether that makes sense.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. Changed my mind. I actually do have something to add, or at least ask.

Suppose an Image is set up on a charge or End Res or something. It is cast, and the magician walks away. Several counties away. Possibly to another kingdom. And catches a boat. And is in fact now well out to sea.

Along comes strapping young Hero, who sees the illusion, and for whatever plot reason must now bend it to his will.

Doesn't using Transfer require him to target the first wizard, who is now a thousand leagues away? What's the OCV penalty for that?

While we've all read Steve's post that somehow or other there is an official Advantage for T-fer that makes this the 'right way' to do the power, etc....

Is T-fer not meant to attack another character? How do you use it to attack a power?

Well, I don't think the solution on p94 of DEMON is quite what you are looking for. It's unfortunate that there isn't an official way to do this simply and at a manageable cost. Although, I think the Images power, only to filter existing images -2, is the way to go.

You have a light that is yellow, you put a blue filter on it and you get a green light. Expand that to all the other senses with a pinch of magic to make it work. It seems a perfect way to provide a solution, and then tack on subject to skill vs. skill plus maybe variable advantage (to cover odd advantages). That seems the most direct route.

Nope. Changed my mind. I actually do have something to add, or at least ask.

Suppose an Image is set up on a charge or End Res or something. It is cast, and the magician walks away. Several counties away. Possibly to another kingdom. And catches a boat. And is in fact now well out to sea.

Along comes strapping young Hero, who sees the illusion, and for whatever plot reason must now bend it to his will.

Doesn't using Transfer require him to target the first wizard, who is now a thousand leagues away? What's the OCV penalty for that?

While we've all read Steve's post that somehow or other there is an official Advantage for T-fer that makes this the 'right way' to do the power, etc....

Is T-fer not meant to attack another character? How do you use it to attack a power?

"Steve's" advantage is for granting a power from one person to another, it doesn't directly address transferring a power instantiation.

The concept is certainly an intrigueing one and it would make a good Digital Hero article or a good article for Steve to write. I think I'll suggest Steve consider it, I'll PM on behalf of this conversation.

That's a neat construct and all, but wouldn't it just be easier just to link a Dispel to an Images? You could still add the Skill vs Skill to the dispel.

With the UBO advantage, all the other caster has to do is turn it off. They're still in control of the power.

Edit:

Oops, I didn't realize this thread was 8 pages when I posted. guess I should go back and read the rest.