Sharing the Campaign ideas you can't use... yet

Hermit

Re: Sharing the Campaign ideas you can't use... yet

Unused Campaigns from the Frisbeeverse:

The Way of Giang Hu -- sounds fun!

Fighting Entropy -- I think this is the best I have heard so far. Might even use it for a short game.

The New Warriors -- Very WW Masquerade feel, i like.

Matt "Still-carrying-a-torch-for-the-concepts" Frisbee

I've been contemplating two games.

The First is a cosmic Time of Troubles where refugees from multiple universes flee to what appears to be an empty world. This empty world is in fact Middle Earth from LotR fame. A Middle Earth that has been abandoned for 10,000 years. Middle Earth seems to have survived the God Wars (GW's)for some reason, which is why the surviving sentients are fleeing there. The GW's are between gods of every printed fantasy source ever. Whether from a role playing or novel it is still in it. No one knows why they are fighting and no one has a good reason why Gate type spells that are used with the purpose of looking for a safe haven, are all heading to one area. The players could be any power level, from humble refugees to demigods sent by jealous or protective gods to find out what is happening.

The Second is Star Hero (I don't have the supplement) and could also be played at a lowish tech limited human empire. There are 28 systems that have been quarantined by the Space Corps as too dangerous or weird. From Super tech aliens, Hive mind bugs to worlds where physics doesn't seem to work properly, each has something considered too dangerous for the Terran's and are thus strictly no go zones with Military Interdiction if needed. A decade or so ago one of these systems disappeared into an inky black cloud that has interfered with all sensors and swallowed forever all robotic probes. A scientific curiosity but no more, after all it was a "weird" solar system so who cared? Then last year the darkness spread to a neighboring system, a normal one with no sentient life but definitely a contagion of some kind! Thus the players are recruited by the Empire or other agency to find out what is happening. They are sent to find out information on the weird planets and may get leads that send them all over the galaxy. Uncharted ghost planets, ruined space hulks or anything the GM can come up with. Finally the players will start to learn that something very Alien has entered this universe, it is up to them to find a way to stop it!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic