Dodging perceived threats

Sean Waters

Re: Dodging perceived threats

I'd probably beg a PER roll for a number of indirect attacks: especially if they had (for instance) a sound component to their visibility' date=' but IPE it definitely would not help with.[/quote']

The player that I made take a tactics roll for this, his reason sfx were a directed warp field that made it difficult for people to target him, tried that on me (after failing the tactics roll).

That would work if the attack moved slower than the speed of sound and you'd hear and react before it hit you...

Doc

The player that I made take a tactics roll for this, his reason sfx were a directed warp field that made it difficult for people to target him, tried that on me (after failing the tactics roll).

That would work if the attack moved slower than the speed of sound and you'd hear and react before it hit you...

Doc

Oh you and your 'reality' hang ups :)

Honestly, Sean--

I think you're right back to "Requires a PER roll; -1/2"

Seems fairly out of the box to me.... ;)

It also fits with the "Luck Based -1/2" from Combat Luck.

I still think you should mimic Combat Luck with the disads, it pulls out the need to roll unless absolutely necessary. It also lets the GM to let you lose it as needed to progress the story.

It also fits with the "Luck Based -1/2" from Combat Luck.

I still think you should mimic Combat Luck with the disads, it pulls out the need to roll unless absolutely necessary. It also lets the GM to let you lose it as needed to progress the story.

My only hang-up is that DCV Levels alreadly basically have the limitations of Combat Luck builtin, at least partially. It is a basic assumption in the system that you cannot employ your full DCV vs. surprise attacks without special Skills/Talents, whereas Defenses do always apply unless they are explicitly Limited.