Concentrate (throughout)

Just Joe

Re: Concentrate (throughout)

It's hard to imagine this hasn't come up before' date=' but I did a search and didn't see it. Isn't -1/2 [u']way[/u] too small of a limitation for concentate (throughout use of a constant power)? 1/2 DCV, PER roll penaltiers, can't do much of anything else. This is extremely limiting.

You are, of course, quite right....but then you have to look at context too. I imagine that most people are not going to be building their combat powers with concentration - apart possibly from some psionic or magic based campaigns. It is certainly a pretty rare bird in my experience in superhero games. Mind you, applied to, say, desolid, where being hit is not too much of a problem, or tunnelling, where, once more, being atacked is probably not your greatest concern, it is, by and large, free points.

I find myself only applying Concentration to things that take forever to do, anyway, such as making a potion in a Fantasy game. I usually give that concentration, under the basis that the lab conditions are fragile, and any major disruption such as combat would ruin the potion.

For more active uses of Concentration Throughout... I guess the Invisible Woman's force walls? Maybe some sort of large-scale Succor from a mage?

I imagine that most people are not going to be building their combat powers with concentration

This, of course, begs the question: then what would Concentration be worth on a combat power?

I personally think it is about worthless and have ruled that it covers DCV only. Perception, awareness and all that are completely unaffected unless you take a seperate Limitation.

We have always played only the DCV part. We considered it to be roughly the equivalent to disrupting a mage's spell. They could manuever a bit whilst casting but the vast majority of the time they were static and thus allowed for more orc hits than the Rogue who was tumbling through combat unscathed screaming "Flanking Sneak Attack!"

Good Times...

Hawksmoor