Please help with a build - a la Theora Jones

Boll Weevil

Long long ago I ran a campaign. The heroes of said campaign had an NPC team member who stayed back at HQ and called the plays. The character was inspired by Theora Jones' function in Max Headroom. He monitored their positions, could tap into security systems remotely, unlocked doors, monitored vital signs (a la Aliens) and could access information on request.

Back then I ran this character as almost a plot device and never really statted him out. When I played this character it was before the "internets", GPS, ONSTAR or even before most people had computers...God, I'm old.

Anyone have some cool ideas for fleshing this character out?

Re: Please help with a build - a la Theora Jones

Heroic or superheroic version?

For a heroic version, here's a character I made along these lines:

http://www.herocentral.net/herocentral/get/files/premium/JohnDranoh_v0.01.HTML

Mainly this includes skills like security systems, Comupter Programming (Infiltration), Systems Operation, and appropriate KS skills, plus appropriate equipment to back them up, in this case written up as a resource pool. As an example this character has some remote sensing gear in the form of miniature robot bugs, which have proven extremely handy in his current mission.

For a superheroic version I'd just bypass all the equipment and write up a suitable Cyberkinesis multipower or the like. Mind Scan and/or Mind Link to computers is probably a must, and I'd probably include the same set of skills as described above in addition. At that point, depending on how many points you have and whether the GM allows it, you can buy some followers to act as robot chassis he can control by telepresence.

Re: Please help with a build - a la Theora Jones

GPS is a very nice tool... combined with publically available maps of buildings, it can be used to project maps and a "you a here" symbol on heads-up-displays worn by team members in the field....

additionally, maps can be made of locations where there are not publically available resources by having a member of the group visit the locale with a GPS remote unit... the GPS data gained from the remote unit is fed back to the computer... a map is generated on the fly and can be stored for later use...

several members of the Wardens have worn HUDs and used the AI back at the base to feed them maps and other info while on patrol or in combat...