WWYCD: Will you forgive me?

Powerhouse

Re: WWYCD: Will you forgive me?

Gregory Cauldron: Gregory's worst enemies are his family. His mother and father are the worst of his worst enemies, though. Lets assume its not his whole family coming to him with cancer (although that would be odd even for a dimension hopping sorcerer) and just his mother or father. He would first verify that they are telling the truth then he would demand that they allow themselves to be stripped of their magic. If they allowed it then he might forgive them or he might not. One thing is for sure when the end was near he'd be at their bedside until they passed on.

Slightly off subject, doesn't a really good body aid fix "incurable diseases"

It depends. Take ebola ...please. We have no counter for it, but if you can just keep the patient alive long enough, it will in fact run its course, the body will develop antibodies and the character will recover. A few magic body aids would do the trick easily enough. But metastised cancer is a progressive condition. Time will not heal it. Time only aggravates it. A body aid would keep a cancer patient alive longer but, conventional surgery and chemo aside, the only superpower that would remove the condition is a Transform, and it would probably be the kind of Transform that "heals" back, causing recurrences.

As for the subject, if Riptide were confronted by a remorseful Viper Nest Leader apologising for killing his mother, I figure Riptide would offer him forgiveness, recommend he show repentence by spilling absolutely everything he knows about Viper, and then use him until he squeezed everything useful he could out of the VNL.

Hellfire believed in repentance and redemption. She'd take the situation at face value and do everything she could to help her former foe.

It's not exactly the same situation, but Hell's Angel, in her civilian identity of Gayle Roark, just came home (in the opening of a new PbEM adventure) to find HER nemesis--The Salamander--waiting in her kitchen to talk to her.

This is the man who had her brother murdered, and whose goons tortured her two days to find where she'd hidden the notebook her brother had given her before he died; she only survived because her powers finally erupted and she escaped.

So now she finds out that he knows who she really is--and he's apologized for what they did to her (but not her brother, who 'had it coming' because he robbed the Salamander's home, which is how he got the notebook). And he wants her to help him rescue his son, who he claims is a) an innocent victim of a kidnapping by rivals of Salamander, and B) hates Salamander as much as she does.

She's not happy about any of this (mostly that he knows who she is, and thus who her friends and relatives are), but if his son really _is_ innocent, she'll try to help.

Black Arrow's greatest villain is her dad, aka the evil Malefactor. She hates him so much it's on her character sheet as a psych lim (trust me, he deserves it). With what he's done, there's no way she's forgiving him - but the whole situation would tear her up.

Hmm. Well, of those who actually have somebody who'd qualify as an arch-nemesis....

Scarface: "Didn't I kill you already?" Shoot him again.

Void: Actually has two options. The one where it's a fairly clean situation is the head of his world's Friends of Humanity-style jokers.

"You killed my siblings, my fiancee, tried to kill me, and drove my father even more insane than he already was. You've tried to kill me numerous times since then, and sent hundreds of people to their graves for the crime of being associated with people who are different than you. There isn't enough atonement in the world for you." At which point, he'd turn and walk away. He wouldn't kill the guy, and he wouldn't particularly relish his dieing, but he wouldn't particularly regret it either.

On the other hand, if it was his ex... we're looking at some serious breakdown potential all around. If she's coming back, terminally ill, and actually apologizing for everything that's happened (rather than, y'know, trying to kill him), there's a pretty good chance that she's managed to get past the alien influence that was controlling her during her supervillain days.

He'd do everything he could to try and cure her, forgive her, and at least be trying to rebuild their life together before she dies.

If this would turn out to be a trick of some sort, God help whoever was responsible, because they will die very slowly, very painfully.