Suggestions requested.

Rathicus

I'm building a Pulp charcter to be Shadowesque in nature. I'm thinking that Cloak of Illusion as my main power, then accuracy or some kind of combat awareness.

I don't have a lot of pts to work with (75/75), and this is my first character in this system. So I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: Suggestions requested.

What exactly do you want to do with the Cloak of Illusions effect wise?

For accuracy, you can't hurt putting in a skill roll based on the weapon type you will be using. For example:

3 Pistol Tricks 12- (Assuming a DEX of 15)

+4 OCV with Pistols (12 Active Points); Requires a Pistol Tricks Roll (-1/2). Total Cost: 8 points.

This gives you an 11 or less chance to pull off an extra 4 on your OCV with the use of a pistol. Later, when you earn more experience, you can improve the Pistol Tricks skill roll and improve the odds of this coming.

"What exactly do you want to do with the Cloak of Illusions effect wise?"

Sneak around behind to ambush, spy, or escape... kind of like the shadow from the radio show.

It would appear as though you are looking for a limited form of invisibility.

Hero is a system where the special effects of powers might be varied. Invisibility might represent the ability to vanish into thin air. It might also represent the ability to walk unnoticed among people - possibly limited as to whether recording devices such as cameras notice you.

If you want to become invisible at will and for people not to notice that you have just vanished then the GM might require you to take invisible power effects on the power.

I would imagine that a cloak of illusions as you describe would be

Invisibility, obvious focus (probably accessible), not when fighting, only to avoid notice (cameras will pick up presence), O END.

Don't have my book with me and so no numbers attached.

Doc

This is probably the friendliest and most helpful forum I've been on. I appreciate all the advice. Hopefully my pulp book will arrive in the mail today or tomorrow... can't wait toget more background info.... whats that sound I hear... could be d20 books going on ebay?

This is probably the friendliest and most helpful forum I've been on. I appreciate all the advice. Hopefully my pulp book will arrive in the mail today or tomorrow... can't wait toget more background info.... whats that sound I hear... could be d20 books going on ebay?

I sold most of my d20 books on eBay thanks to Hero. That reminds me, I need to get another batch of auctions going.

Nah, keep 'em and mine ideas from 'em. Like every RPG book from every publisher, they make good diea-seeds and plot/scenario resources for Hero. ;)

If you have a copy of PH handy' date=' check out the [i']Cloud Men's Minds[/i] and Fade Into Shadows Heroic Talents -- those may be the sort of thing you're looking for. And of course, this being the HERO System, it's easy to tweak them to fit if they're not. :hex:

Are those listed in the original 5th ed or the revised? I couldn't find them in the orginal.

I'm building a Pulp charcter to be Shadowesque in nature. I'm thinking that Cloak of Illusion as my main power, then accuracy or some kind of combat awareness.

I don't have a lot of pts to work with (75/75), and this is my first character in this system. So I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance for your help.

While you might have already seen it, thought I'd mention:

http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptionsassorted/theshadow.html

The point totals are a bit greater than you mentioned but it might give

you an idea or three......:D

-Carl-