Looking for FH replacements in D&D Adventure...

bryanb

Hi Everyone,

I am running a D&D adventure I d/l from http://www.rpgarchive.com website but have a little problem...

This is my first time running a FH adventure and, apart from having only a few hours to prepare, I want to make it distinct and very different from the AD&D world as this is the rules that these players are used to playing in.

Given my time restraints I realise that the above isn't quite possible - however I would like not to re-invent the monsters in the TA campaign world with the same names etc as their D&D counterparts. Given that, I have the following list of monsters in the adventure:

AD&D Gnolls = FH Erqigdlit

AD&D Kobold = FH ???????

AD&D DOPPLEGANGER = FH ???????

AD&D Monstrous Spider = FH Giant Spider

AD&D Hobgoblin = FH Hobgoblin

So what I am looking for, asking for, pleading for, is a FH equivalent for a kobold and a Doppleganger. Most importantly, the equivalent DOES NOT HAVE TO BE A KOBOLD OR DOPPLEGANGER CONVERSION - it would be preferably an existing FH creature that fills the same niche, and has the same power level, as an AD&D Kobold and a AD&D Doppleganger.

Can anyone help? This is really short notice (needed in the next 12 hours)...

Thanks in advance.

Bryan

Re: Looking for FH replacements in D&D Adventure...

Sure since you have the monsters minions and marauders book there is no problem.

AD&D Gnolls = FH Erqigdlit Yes

AD&D Kobold = FH ???????—There are so many different versions of Kobolds in dnd/adnd that, you have to use your own description and picture but for stats you can use ratlings who are very similar to the Kobold illustrated by the Tony Detressetti (spelling?)

AD&D DOPPLEGANGER = FH ??????? = Mausquer from the same book that has the Erqigdlit

AD&D Monstrous Spider = FH Giant Spider Yes

AD&D Hobgoblin = FH Hobgoblin Yes

-----------

Remember to tweak the numbers if in doubt. Go easy on your players until you get a feel for how much they can take and still keep going.

Re: Looking for FH replacements in D&D Adventure...

Looks like the only thing you need now is a Kobald equivalent. Remember that for a given adventure it is the creatures' roles in the adventure that are important, not their physical forms, so you don't need a direct Kobald equivalent, all you need is a race who can fill their role in the Adventure. A degenerate and corrupt lost tribe of halflings might suffice for example, depending on the situation and context.