Completed Villain for review/playtest: Platoon

Wormhole

First, let me say thank you again to Hermit for the help finishing out Platoon's flavor text. I recently added some details to complete his background story and put in some potential plot hooks and one plotseed for the character. Had to make some slight modifications to his sheet after I came across an important rule regarding Duplication and VPPs that I had previously overlooked, but otherwise he's about the same as when I posted him on the previous thread about a month ago.

Anywho, let me know what you think, and if anyone has the time and inclination to take the character for a "test drive" I'd be very interested in hearing how it goes. Thanks in advance.

Re: Completed Villain for review/playtest: Platoon

Solid. I like that he gets weaker as he "spreads himself out" - so to speak - to make the dupes. Your aid will give you a boost up to ((5x3.5)/3) 26 DEX on average, which will in turn bump your base CV's from 7 to 9, which I think is considered moderate in most Champions games, so no real issues there.

I dig the character creation story too. Project: Sunburst characters are all sorts of fun to have around. They're like the CU versions of Smallville Meteor freaks. Very nice.

Plus, it utilzes alot of ideas you don't typically see on many villains - specifically Duplication as a primary power.

Re: Completed Villain for review/playtest: Platoon

Do you mean Ted would have made the rank of Captain by his mid twenties' date=' or is that a tv/movie/comic reference that slipped passed me?:confused:[/quote']

There was an episode of M*A*S*H in which Hawkeye and Trapper John invented a fictional fellow doctor, Captain Tuttle. They used him to justify requisitioning equipment they couldn't otherwise get and so forth, but he soon took on a life of his own. Other people began talking about Tuttle, and claiming to have seen or spoken to him! Tuttle wa the Emperor's New Clothes--nobody wanted to admit to being out of the loop and so they began one-upping one another with stories of Tutle, and it all soon got very out of hand--higher ups from elsewhere wanted to come meet this paragon of virtue!

So they had to kill him off (in a suitably dramatic fashion, of course) before the fraud was discovered.